Page 159 of 182 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2721
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    More Namor news: here is a sneak peak of Namor in Atlantis Attacks! link

Cool!

When Kris Anka dropped out of it, Ario Anindito did the art of the Secret Wars House of M series, with Namor / Quicksilver. He even came on here, IIRC, and posted a time or two. Hard to tell from that just that panel, but it looks like his art has improved even more.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, IW!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

With the Holidays approaching, it would be neat to have each day showing Namor fighting a hero or villain! There certainly have been numerous fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby1939 View Post
    Happy Monday ....

Namor the Submariner by Humberto Ramos

Wow! Those are nice! I'm not usually a Ramos fan -- his style is a bit more exaggerated than I like, but these are pretty. Perhaps the pose makes a difference, though the black suit one is very reminiscent of his pose from the Wolverine book. But I think also his coloring is wonderful and makes a difference. I don't think I've seen his own colors on anything.

I wondered where that piece of trading card art went. I was eyeballing it at one time, but there was always something else I was wanting / buying before it. Glad it went to a good home, and LOVE how you framed it up.

Congrats on getting all those Ramos pieces! And thank you so much for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Ah, that crown is so iconic Sub-mariner. I think it was Kirby the one that designed it. Beautiful piece, I'm missing his pointy ears sticking out though.
    I don't usually like that crown, but I have to say, this is one of the better renditions of that Kirby crown I've seen.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    With the Holidays approaching, it would be neat to have each day showing Namor fighting a hero or villain! There certainly have been numerous fights.
    I was wondering if I should even attempt the Namor Advent calendar this year. I just haven't been able to finish any of my projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Anyone have any idea when the Invaders trade will be released?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I am still waiting.
    Volume #1 came out in August, I believe.

https://www.amazon.com/Invaders-Vol-.../dp/1302917498

Volume #2 should be out in March 2020 or late February.

https://www.amazon.com/Invaders-Vol-...s=books&sr=1-2

The LCBS usually get their trades a couple of weeks ahead of Amazon.

For Namor's 80th Anniversary I wanted to celebrate it with an art so I commissioned one from Ecairnsart ( artist link ) and here it is! (art link) I LOVE IT SO MUCH. Happy 80th to Namor!

OMG. That is gorgeous! I love it! Is it digital?

Thank you so much for sharing this. It's amazing. We need him to do Stanley Artgerm type variant covers for Namor books.

@ Subby1939 THOSE ARE AMAZING!!! The art looks splendid! (edited: I had the artists mixed up! this one isnt the one doing the History of the Marvel universe and i thought he was. sorry!)

More Namor news: here is a sneak peak of Namor in Atlantis Attacks! link

Has it been stated/alluded to as to why Atlantis is attacking?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I was wondering if I should even attempt the Namor Advent calendar this year. I just haven't been able to finish any of my projects.
    Ah yes, I think you and I were discussing this very thing a few years ago, and we both agreed wanting Namor vs Val as well as Namor vs Thundra to be included!

I think this would be a wonderful thing to see, and I would love it, but you sound very busy. This may require some time to put together.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Cool!

When Kris Anka dropped out of it, Ario Anindito did the art of the Secret Wars House of M series, with Namor / Quicksilver. He even came on here, IIRC, and posted a time or two. Hard to tell from that just that panel, but it looks like his art has improved even more.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, IW!
    You're welcome! I will be putting up any Namor news that comes out as quick as I can on my twitter, here, and on the Tumblr fansite so I hope that this event might bring in new fans and an increase in the chances of Namor getting a solo next year! *keeping my fingers crossed for the rumors to be true*

OMG. That is gorgeous! I love it! Is it digital?

Thank you so much for sharing this. It's amazing. We need him to do Stanley Artgerm type variant covers for Namor books.
    Yes it is digital! I can't believe how well it turned out and its so perfect. I'm very happy with it. lol, I would love covers or just any more Namor art.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Has it been stated/alluded to as to why Atlantis is attacking?
    Not yet! If some other news/sneak peaks come out then I will post as fast as I can.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

@ Subby1939 THOSE ARE AMAZING!!! The art looks splendid! (edited: I had the artists mixed up! this one isnt the one doing the History of the Marvel universe and i thought he was. sorry!)
    Humberto Ramos did Namor in the Civil War Wolverine issues. This was over ten years ago, so his art has changed a bit.

I loved that story and battle between these two bricks. Here is another beautiful art piece I had done. It’s Jae Lee and his wife who water coloured over his inks to create this wonderful Phoenix Force Namor

I loved that story and battle between these two bricks. Here is another beautiful art piece I had done. It’s Jae Lee and his wife who water coloured over his inks to create this wonderful Phoenix Force Namor

LOVELY!!! I'm envious! Jae Lee is a favorite artist of mine (his 90s stuff is a bit harsh, lol, but i love his newer stuff alot more) and what a gorgeous piece, his wife put in some amazing color there. You are so lucky to have all this wonderful art!

LOVELY!!! I'm envious! Jae Lee is a favorite artist of mine (his 90s stuff is a bit harsh, lol, but i love his newer stuff alot more) and what a gorgeous piece, his wife put in some amazing color there. You are so lucky to have all this wonderful art!
    Another gorgeous piece of art, Subby1939! Jae Lee's art is amazing, but the coloring really makes the Phoenix part of Namor pop. Excellent commission!

While I love classic green speedo the best, for some artists, if I'm getting a color commission, the Phoenix costume is a great one to get.

Thank you for the kind words. I’m very happy and lucky these art pieces turned out this well. It’s hit and miss sometimes . I’ve been trying to get my fav Namor artists for my tastes . It’s been challenging and sometimes very pricey . Only a few left ( Ross, Timm, Byrne). Someday lol

Thank you for the kind words. I’m very happy and lucky these art pieces turned out this well. It’s hit and miss sometimes . I’ve been trying to get my fav Namor artists for my tastes . It’s been challenging and sometimes very pricey . Only a few left ( Ross, Timm, Byrne). Someday lol
    Good luck to you and I hope you do get a chance at those artists, I know that if I could have any artists to comm for an art it would be Ross because he is my top favorite but whoa his prices are way out of my price range. lol. You have an excellent collection so far!