Page 16 of 182 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Are we talking about the spoilers:
    radiation immunity
    end of spoilers or the spoilers:
    hydrokinesis
    end of spoilers? Because the first isn't an addition, but the second, if he's doing it by himself, yes, is additive. I'm not all that fond of the second, as it smacks of other DC characters, but I wouldn't neccesarily be against it if it was a weapon.
    The second. I mean it could work depending on how it was used but at this point why? Namor has so many powers that have just vanished or are rarely ever used it's kind of weird to tact another on. However, at the same time if the ability is used effectively ... I could be ok with it. I am an admitted sucker forspoilers:
    element manipulation powers
    end of spoilers...when handled correctly.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Neither does the rewrite if I'm reading that right... spoilers:
    Is Professor X to blame for the amnesia!?! What was he doing there?
    end of spoilers
    That's the SECRET! I can't wait to find out more. But I don't think it's saying he is responsible for the amnesia. I think it is saying that the amnesia wasn't as long as some people think.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I was thinking about all afternoon. You know what would be great? If they said Namor went back to Atlantis and has been doing undersea political or fabulous exploring adventures all those years! What would be even more amazing, is if they gave us a retro book set in that between period! We'd get both Betty Dean AND Lady Dorma -- the originals -- back! They could build all the glorious undersea cities and countries and how they interact.
    If Marvel was to do that it would go a long way to setting up and establishing the dynamics of Atlantis and the people of the sea in more depth, which could be used by future writers to draw on, and tbh I just really would love to see more Betty Dean and Dorma. lol
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Newsarama advance review of Invaders #1. They give it an 8!

There's a few more tidbits about it, but not really spoilery, if you've reading the previous images. There aren't any new images.

The reviewer is complaining about it being Namor centric. Like that's a problem. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

https://www.newsarama.com/43487-best...nvaders-1.html
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Advance Newsarama's review of Marvel Comics Presents #1

https://www.newsarama.com/43489-best...resents-1.html

A variant cover I haven't seen. I think it is by Marcos Martin?

Quote Originally Posted by David Pepose @Newsarama
    Which brings us to Greg Pak and Tomm Coker, the undisputed heroes of this anthology thus far. Given his resurgence in The Best Defense, Avengers, and this week’s Invaders book, it’s been a big couple weeks for Namor the Sub-Mariner, but let me just tell you right now - Pak and Coker have them all beat, because this is by far the best the character has read in quite some time. Pak deftly leans into the otherworldliness of Namor as an Atlantean who has nevertheless been drawn into the all-too-human conflict of World War II - and finding his own limits to how much bloodshed he can tolerate.

Pak’s story is somber and moody, with the quiet moments often feeling more potent than the obligatory robot smashing - and much of that atmosphere is the result of Coker’s terrific artwork. There’s little bits of Michael Lark and Butch Guice to Coker’s shadowy artwork, the way he plays with contrasts in the water and the craggy landscape of Namor’s face. Coker has this amazing way of warping light around Namor to better illustrate his mood - in particular, the look on Namor’s face when he talks about the dead of Hiroshima is haunting. Honestly, this story feels like exactly the kind of story Marvel Comics Presents should be pursuing - taking passionate creators like Pak and bringing them with artists like Image alum Coker, and delivering a spin on a character that doesn’t get enough love.

...There are flashes of genius in this book - Pak and Coker’s Sub-Mariner story proves that definitively...
    IOW, the Namor story is great, and the best thing about this issue.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-15-2019 at 04:53 PM.

And if these two gems somehow weren't enough Namor for you tomorrow ... THIS comes out tomorrow also!!!

We should just call this NAMOR WEDNESDAY!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    If Marvel was to do that it would go a long way to setting up and establishing the dynamics of Atlantis and the people of the sea in more depth, which could be used by future writers to draw on, and tbh I just really would love to see more Betty Dean and Dorma. lol
    Of course! I do have ulterior motives. ;p

But the world building opportunities would be amazing. The stories you could do! Lovecraftian horror. GoT political fantasy. Noir. RomCom. High Fantasy. Pulp adventures. Eco Warrior. And mostly underwater with gorgeous visuals of the oceanscape. And that's before I even start thinking about the history of the era. So much potential.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    The second. I mean it could work depending on how it was used but at this point why? Namor has so many powers that have just vanished or are rarely ever used it's kind of weird to tact another on. However, at the same time if the ability is used effectively ... I could be ok with it. I am an admitted sucker forspoilers:
    element manipulation powers
    end of spoilers...when handled correctly.
    Me too. Execution is the key. And the reason why he has the new power? Like I said, a weapon would help cover that.

Just had a thought. Wasn't the soldier that traveled through time in the Avengers / Invaders story a medic? Was he named Randall?

Just had a thought. Wasn't the soldier that traveled through time in the Avengers / Invaders story a medic? Was he named Randall?
    No I checked right after the comic preview, his name was Paul Aselm.

Newsarama advance review of Invaders #1. They give it an 8!

There's a few more tidbits about it, but not really spoilery, if you've reading the previous images. There aren't any new images.

The reviewer is complaining about it being Namor centric. Like that's a problem. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

https://www.newsarama.com/43487-best...nvaders-1.html
    If it were up to me I would make everything Namor centric LOL. We don't have anything for years and now we have so much it feels like a feast of new things and I am just very excited.

No I checked right after the comic preview, his name was Paul Aselm.
    Ah. Too bad. That would have been a cool call back.

Was he medic? I seem to remember he was a medic.

If it were up to me I would make everything Namor centric LOL. We don't have anything for years and now we have so much it feels like a feast of new things and I am just very excited.
    Me too! Though, I probably MAKE it Namor centric, by looking for the connections. ;p

I really feel like I'm in a FLOOD of Namor stuff today. Tomorrow is going to be even better!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Somebody randomly posted this panel in a Submariner facebook page without an explanation. It seems to be from the new Invaders. Cool panel except Namor seems to be having a rare case of Wolverine's envy in his hair.

I don't think this is from the Zdarsky's Invaders coming out tomorrow. It's not from the New Avengers, either, IIRC. That had very ... distinctive art. I'm thinking this was from a non-Invaders book, like maybe Cap?

Wait. There's a Facebook page for Subby?? Link, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    Does anyone know what became of Sybil, the girl Rom left in Atlantis who became their oracle, and Tamara Rahn, the red skinned alien? Seems like they might come in handy right about now.
    I remembered correctly for once. The last time we saw Tamara Rahn was in Thunderbolts back in 2005.

And it appears Sybil appeared only in those Rom issues.