Page 17 of 182 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

Wait. There's a Facebook page for Subby?? Link, please?
    Of course: https://www.facebook.com/groups/namorsubmariner/

Mighty Member

Continuing with the 60's Namor series Gifs. From the last episode "To Destroy a TRyrant" A time displaced Namor refuses to kill a defeated opponent in Nero's arena.

Mighty Member

Hmm, not too sure why but I cannot see the previously posted GIFs. Seems like the forum has been removing them.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Continuing with the 60's Namor series Gifs. From the last episode "To Destroy a TRyrant" A time displaced Namor refuses to kill a defeated opponent in Nero's arena.
    That is the Namor I remember best! The guy who refused to kill and was merciful.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Hmm, not too sure why but I cannot see the previously posted GIFs. Seems like the forum has been removing them.
    I don't know ... I can see them.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

OMG. Invaders was so wonderful. I'm going to be smiling all day long.

Also. My suspicions about Machan were ... validated.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I heard Namor can eat nuclear explosions now.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I heard Namor can eat nuclear explosions now.
    With a side order of fallout, apparently. O_O

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

OMG. Invaders was so wonderful. I'm going to be smiling all day long.

Also. My suspicions about Machan were ... validated.
    When it hit me I was shocked because it's was done so subtlety and I wasn't expecting it. I really thought he was just a run of the mill evil court schemer. This comic was so good and I'm so damn giddy right now.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    When it hit me I was shocked because it's was done so subtlety and I wasn't expecting it. I really thought he was just a run of the mill evil court schemer. This comic was so good and I'm so damn giddy right now.
    It was like water in a desert to a Namor fan. So awesome!

Since he appeared, I knew something was wrong -- he was more than a court schemer. I was thinking he was influencing or responsible for the change in Namor, with the black eyes and such. And I knew there was more to it, bbecause SUDDENLY here's this advisor that's his beloved Atlantean friend that we've never heard of before? And when I was reading this issue, when Namor did the water thing, I was wondering, why is he next to Namor, who is clearly flying, and why isn't he with the choking Atlanteans?

But the genesis of the character ... I didn't expect that at all.

I need to go back and read Namor's Defender's issue. I think there's a panel hint there too.

And can I just say, we need a Magno Atlantis in it's full glory ASAP.

Got to a chance to read the Marvel Comics Presents. Wow. Some powerful work there.

It was like water in a desert to a Namor fan. So awesome!

Since he appeared, I knew something was wrong -- he was more than a court schemer. I was thinking he was influencing or responsible for the change in Namor, with the black eyes and such. And I knew there was more to it, bbecause SUDDENLY here's this advisor that's his beloved Atlantean friend that we've never heard of before? And when I was reading this issue, when Namor did the water thing, I was wondering, why is he next to Namor, who is clearly flying, and why isn't he with the choking Atlanteans?

But the genesis of the character ... I didn't expect that at all.

I need to go back and read Namor's Defender's issue. I think there's a panel hint there too.

And can I just say, we need a Magno Atlantis in it's full glory ASAP.
    AHHH. Magno's art is breathtaking! I am more in favor of how Guice depicts Namor, but Magno's background and buildings and everything is so beautiful! I even tweeted about it telling people just to get the book for that alone.

I was so confused tbh with how much Namor kept calling Machan his friend and I'm like, since when does Namor make friends easily? Seriously we fans were in a drought and Chip made it rain.

Got to a chance to read the Marvel Comics Presents. Wow. Some powerful work there.
    It really is and I am really hoping we someday get a solo out of Pak. The art was so wonderful too, Coker was so good.

Mighty Member

Well, I don't know when was the last time I bought a physical comic. Probably more than 4 years ago since I have 3 big bookcases filled with back issues and more stacked in my closet. So it has been digital for a long time for me. I really don't want to occupy more real estate with comics but this Invaders book was something special. So I went to pickup my Alex Ross Invaders #1 cover today at my LCS and looked at that Invaders #1, took a glance at the inside pages and decided to have it. I'm glad I did, the work inside is real special, excellent story and excellent handling of our dear Namor. Really looking forward to the second issue. I'll probably get it digital too when Comixology has it on sale.

Mighty Member

That is the Namor I remember best! The guy who refused to kill and was merciful.

I don't know ... I can see them.
    Hmm, I can see it now too, don't know what happened yesterday, maybe a glitch?! :P

Mighty Member

From that awesome 60s Namor cartoon: To Destroy a Tyrant--A time displaced Namor refuses to kill a defeated gladiator in Nero's arena in ancient Rome. Nero orders Namor to be chained and taken to be sacrificed to the fire demon.