Page 174 of 182 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 2721
  1. #2596
    Mighty Member Thor-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Between Asgard & Krypton
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

    AVENGERS #32
    JASON AARON (W) • ED MCGUINNESS (A/C)
    SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT COVER BY MIKE MCKONE
    EARTH’S MIGHTIEST VILLAINS!
    What do the King of Atlantis, the Lord of the Vampires, the deposed duke of Hell, a mysterious Russian assassin and the secret boss of Washington, D.C.’s greatest super-team have in common? They all really hate the Avengers. And so there came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth’s mightiest villains found themselves united against a common threat.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

    And one under the radar... it appears Jason Aaron is FINALLY getting back to Namor. And it looks like the usual crap. I can't even summon a WTF? as I see this mess. WHY would Namor team up with Hyperion??? And WHY is Dracula teaming up with Namor, who had his head in a box at the bottom of the sea??? And since WHEN has Namor hated the Avengers? I was hoping for so much more Namor in this title, than playing the villain, yet again, for NO reason whatsoever.
    WORD!

    The new Marvel Tales is also reprinting the Sub-mariner issues that lead to the Defenders first teamup with a Silver surfer cover.

  2. #2597
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    Ahh there is so much Namor stuff coming out next year, even though he isn't in a solo, but hoping that will change too! I'm really hoping Namor will pull a fake out and just be an inside man for the good guys, but with how Aaron treats Namor I don't have much hope for Avengers. At least tarot and snapshots will be good and so will Atlantis Attacks, I hope!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  3. #2598
    Fantastic Member Mormegil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Sub-Mariner #34-35 is great. Namor punches Clint (as giant man) in the face and then has to rescue his unconscious body out of the ocean.

    It also shoe Namor as the voice of reason. From what i remember he tries to talk the avengers down and they insist on fighting. Usually its the other way around in the SA.

  4. #2599
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    9,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    Sub-Mariner #34-35 is great. Namor punches Clint (as giant man) in the face and then has to rescue his unconscious body out of the ocean.

    It also shoe Namor as the voice of reason. From what i remember he tries to talk the avengers down and they insist on fighting. Usually its the other way around in the SA.
    Ah yes, I missed this one. It's in MARVEL TALES SILVER SURFER. It's the prototype / first try out for the Defenders, except Roy called it Titans Three. Definitely some classic Roy and Sal Subby, with Namor saving the air breathers from destroying the planet with their weather machine. Cameo with Lady Dorma too!

    I wished we'd get a MARVEL TALES NAMOR.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  5. #2600
    Mighty Member Thor-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Between Asgard & Krypton
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Ah yes, I missed this one. It's in MARVEL TALES SILVER SURFER. It's the prototype / first try out for the Defenders, except Roy called it Titans Three. Definitely some classic Roy and Sal Subby, with Namor saving the air breathers from destroying the planet with their weather machine. Cameo with Lady Dorma too!


    I wished we'd get a MARVEL TALES NAMOR.
    Beautiful Dorma needs to come back in a huge way, if Gwen Stacy and Jean Grey can return and be such a force in the new Marvel why can't Dorma.

    Last edited by Thor-El; 12-19-2019 at 04:18 PM.

  6. #2601
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    9,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Wacky Jason Aaron, I wanted to see Namor fighting Hyperion not the Avengers! Hoping he might turn around. Will pick this one up just for McGuinness art.
    Me too, probably. It's so sad that we have to settle for CRUMBS.


    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    WORD!
    Yep! But I'm obviously preaching to the choir. ;p



    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    The new Marvel Tales is also reprinting the Sub-mariner issues that lead to the Defenders first teamup with a Silver surfer cover.
    It's kind of weird that Silver Surfer is getting a Marvel Tales. AND that the proto Defenders from Subby's book is one of the featured tales. I wonder if that portends something? Dare I hope?
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  7. #2602
    Astonishing Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    2,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Beautiful Dorma needs to come back in a huge way, if Gwen Stacy and Jean Grey can return and be such a force in the new Marvel why can't Dorma.
    Totally agree. Always thought the Lady Dorma had great potential.

  8. #2603
    Mighty Member Thor-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Between Asgard & Krypton
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    This should be Namor's reaction to Hyperion.


  9. #2604
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    Dorma should be brought back, seriously she is one of the OG women of Marvel back when it was timely and I really would love to see her become a powerhouse in Atlantean politics and stories again. Whatever happened to her au version? I recall reading her in some FF comics a long while back.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  10. #2605
    Keeper of the Torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Posts
    5,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Whatever happened to her au version? I recall reading her in some FF comics a long while back.
    If you are referring to her Heroes Reborn version, she's dead. I posted it here several months back, here's the ref:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Sadly, she and all the Atlanteans apparently died in the original Exiles series… until a future writer needs them again.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  11. #2606
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    If you are referring to her Heroes Reborn version, she's dead. I posted it here several months back, here's the ref:
    thank you!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  12. #2607
    Mighty Member Thor-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Between Asgard & Krypton
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Dorma should be brought back, seriously she is one of the OG women of Marvel back when it was timely and I really would love to see her become a powerhouse in Atlantean politics and stories again. Whatever happened to her au version? I recall reading her in some FF comics a long while back.
    Exactly! Namor and Dorma are the premiere couple of Marvel Comics if you think of it that way!


  13. #2608
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    13,992

    Default

    Hi Everyone...... has anyone seen these mini Funko Pop figures? I saw a box of them available at BigBadToyStore's website. I want that little Namor and the Doom! These mystery packs are sold separately a lot of times too. I didn't know you could buy a whole box but I guess there is no guarantee they are all unique


  14. #2609
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    9,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    This should be Namor's reaction to Hyperion.

    OMG! This is hilarious. The plastic prison! heheheheh
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  15. #2610
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    This should be Namor's reaction to Hyperion.

    This isnt the same Hyperion, this one has been created by Mephisto as part of a deal with Coulson

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •