Page 179 of 182 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182 LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 2721
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    This has to be the coolest Namor lookalike statue coming out this January!!!

Oh, Thor-El. Do NOT get me started on DC's treatment of their Namor clones. I do love Black Adam.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Subby1939 View Post
    I was surfing google and stumbled upon an eBay seller that had ended listing for a comic I’ve been searching for . Turns out it didn’t sell and I scored this copy for a great price . I figured it wouldn’t be high grade which was fine but when I got it I was super stoked on the quality . So much so it’s going to cgc . I believe this can get 9.8 . I’m not one who cares for this kinda thing but for such a cool cover why the heck not. Thought I’d share this little treasure .

Congrats, Subby1939! Your Namor collection continues to impress. That is indeed a rarer variant ... as well as a gorgeous one.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Namor is joining another Marvel game! This one is called Marvel Super War. It's only available in Asia, right now, but I'm sure it will be released globally fairly soon.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/game...eta-test-today

https://www.marvelsuperwar.com/

Yes! You can get Classic Speedo Namor too!
    AHHHH! The speedo looks so good on him! Now this is a game I definitely want to play. He even says IMPERIUS REX! this is wonderful.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Tarot (2020) #1 preview is here! link

I love this page! Someone made a Motivational Poster with this image that was hilarious -- it involved a can of whup ass and a side order of free beefcake. It was posted here before, I'll have to see if I can find it.
    Sounds interesting, Reviresco.

Hopefully, you'll find it soon. I can't wait to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    AHHHH! The speedo looks so good on him! Now this is a game I definitely want to play. He even says IMPERIUS REX! this is wonderful.
    It does look good, at least that introduction. The game itself looks pretty typical. Maybe it's different and you get closer up when you play it.

Looks great! Though, I'm not so sure Davis has a handle on Namor's ... temper. I don't think Namor would need any prompting from Cap to punch out the Nazi after being called a dumkopf. LOL!

Can't wait to pick this up!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Sounds interesting, Reviresco.

Hopefully, you'll find it soon. I can't wait to see it.
    Here it is!

Here it is!

Now, that's what I call fast service. Thanks, Reviresco.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Now, that's what I call fast service. Thanks, Reviresco.
    You are welcome.

This one had some ... unique keywords.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

So if we're gonna go by the cover and Cap Hulk we will see Iron Namor then?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Hahaha ... no wonder Namor banished the memory of this incident. ;p

There was an amalgamation cover later in the mini-series, but for some reason, it looked like Namor was merged with Daimon Hellstrom ... who isn't even part of this era in the Defenders. It would be kind of sad, but prophetic, if Jim Hammond gets merged with Iron Man.

Okay.

Often when I'm trying to find images or information about Namor, I get sucked down a giant whirlpool of weird stuff. Sometimes good weird, but ....

I saw IW posted on her twitter another page from Spider Ham that explains what Namor is supposed to be.

So, I'm thinking, okay. Marsupial. Like a Kangaroo? He doesn't LOOK like a kangaroo. Wait. A Koala? So, of course I google, and I get this:

Sub-Marsupial was an anthropomorphic Opossum who used to do battle against the Asinine Torch.
    OMG. That has to be one of the funniest lines I've ever read about a version of Namor. A OPOSSUM? LOL! And Asinine Torch. hahahahaha

Oh, but it gets better. You can actually buy a tee shirt with the REAL Sub-Marsupial on it!

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/55...-sub-marsupial

Of course, this is an homage to the unused Bill Everett Namor cover for Marvel Mystery Comics #2.

And to top it off, Wells got the wrong AU version of Namor!

This character is the Larval Earth counterpart of the Sub-Mariner of the Golden Age. He is not to be confused with Kaymar the Sub-Merchandizer, the Larval Earth version of the Sub-Mariner of the Silver Age—even if in the Marvel Universe both of them are the same character.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-28-2019 at 02:13 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

OMG. That has to be one of the funniest lines I've ever read about a version of Namor. A OPOSSUM? LOL! And Asinine Torch. hahahahaha
    OMG indeed. I am in tears from laughing so hard, it's a miracle I didn't choke on my breakfast oatmeal. Thanks Reviresco, for making my morning, I needed that!
    Oh, but it gets better. You can actually buy a tee shirt with the REAL Sub-Marsupial on it!
    At least the pointed ears there are opossum accurate, and of course resemble Namor's.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    From another cover art preview it shows Namor+Damien as the mashup so he has the pentagon on his chest:

Okay.

Often when I'm trying to find images or information about Namor, I get sucked down a giant whirlpool of weird stuff. Sometimes good weird, but ....

I saw IW posted on her twitter another page from Spider Ham that explains what Namor is supposed to be.

So, I'm thinking, okay. Marsupial. Like a Kangaroo? He doesn't LOOK like a kangaroo. Wait. A Koala? So, of course I google, and I get this:

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/55...-sub-marsupial

Of course, this is an homage to the unused Bill Everett Namor cover for Marvel Mystery Comics #2.

And to top it off, Wells got the wrong AU version of Namor!
    LMAO. I was sitting here thinking that it was a kind of monkey/koala type character but I didn't think about it more than that. I will have to post a bit more from the comic soon! I recall the other animal type Namor was a dog, but what struck me as weird or coincidence was that he was called Kay-mar and how later Namor's son was Kamar.