Page 182 of 182 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182
Results 2,716 to 2,721 of 2721

Not that this really matters. But in Advnetures into Fear #15, Steve Gerber has the Man-Thing go back in time to a pre-sunk Atlantis. You get just a couple pages of its city and the people that lived there. I'm sure this has nothing to do with the rest of the Marvel universe. I just thought it was interesting.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    Not that this really matters. But in Advnetures into Fear #15, Steve Gerber has the Man-Thing go back in time to a pre-sunk Atlantis. You get just a couple pages of its city and the people that lived there. I'm sure this has nothing to do with the rest of the Marvel universe. I just thought it was interesting.
    Thank you for that heads up! I'm interested, as I'm trying to piece together some sense of Marvel's Atlanetan history, such as it is. I vaguely remember that issue. Didn't it have an Atlantean sorceress? It's also interesting, because Man-Thing AND Namor travel back in time to Atlantis before it sank again in ... I think it was Strange Tales, back in the 1990s. It was a great couple of issues with Liam Sharp doing the art.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Thank you for that heads up! I'm interested, as I'm trying to piece together some sense of Marvel's Atlanetan history, such as it is. I vaguely remember that issue. Didn't it have an Atlantean sorceress? It's also interesting, because Man-Thing AND Namor travel back in time to Atlantis before it sank again in ... I think it was Strange Tales, back in the 1990s. It was a great couple of issues with Liam Sharp doing the art.
    One of the women who live near Man-Thing's swamp ends up being the descendant of an Atlantean sorceress who tries to warn them about the cities doom. I don't remember the specifics to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    One of the women who live near Man-Thing's swamp ends up being the descendant of an Atlantean sorceress who tries to warn them about the cities doom. I don't remember the specifics to be honest.
    Hmmm. Maybe I'm remembering her telling someone about that Atlantean sorceress? That's cool. I'll find the issue and read it. Thanks again!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

ARRRRGH!

Excuse me while I rant.

WHY??? WHO????

I'd really like to know what mod hates our thread. They've freaking changed the title AGAIN, and this time they've just taken out Namor's battle cry entirely! And yes, I do think someone has it out for us, because I'm pretty sure we're the only one whose thread title keeps getting messed with. What does this make? The fourth time? Or the fifth? I just counted and there's like a dozen other appreciation threads with capitalization in the first ten pages. Heck, there's one other on this first page!

WTF???

Deep breath and end of rant.

We're going to get a new thread for 2020, so I'm not going to ask the mods to change it back. However, I AM going to write them and ask that they quit f%@#ing with our thread title when I put the new one up. I'll add a link here for the new thread, once I start it.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Just wanted to say HAPPY NEW YEAR! to all the Subby fans, finding Namor this past decade was so great and here's hoping to a decade where Marvel finally appreciates their first and best character!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Iirc that was Man Thing (1997) #7-8! also why does someone care so much about our thread title?! it really seems so strange for them to fixate on it when I thought this was already taken care of the last few times. Hope this gets sorted out!

See everyone on the new board!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis