Page 20 of 182 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

I raised it up because Dennis Hopeless said that the Secret Wars: House of M mini almost had Namor and Quicksilver in a gay relationship.

That is an alternate universe, though, so different rules apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    The way I read it is Namor is one of the most straight superheroes in a very old conservative way.

Men = beat the hell out of them
    Women= sex and romanticism, companionship and friendship

His sexual interest has always been 100% women. I've observed that in an almost barbaric way he pursues the females he likes and see other men simply as the competition (Reed and Sue, Cyclops and Emma Frost). He is the ultimate alpha male and a guy that probably consider all other men as his inferior as he probably enjoys proving himself against them as a sport to impress on women, the final prize. Probably outside of the Invaders and some very old friends atlanteans like Lord Vashti Namor doesn't have too many close guy friends.

Also one of the few or perhaps the only superhero that at a time when every hero had a male sidekick, he always preferred to have the close company of a woman. First Namora, then Namorita and in X-Men Hope got very close to him. The relationship with both under age girls Namorita and Hope in a non romantic way and mostly as a protective older brother.
    Im not sure I see Namor as wife beater... or that being conservative is that strong of a relation to being a wife beater. However, I'm not from America.

I do feel however, that Namor has shown only interest in Women. I also feel that at times he goes out of his way to show the woman he interested in that he is, can be, and wants to be everything a woman would ever want in the man. He has the power, the money, the status, and so on. I also feel that in terms of love he treats his woman in the same manor as he does his kingdom. Putting it first before him, self- sacrificing his wants, and at times causing himself harm and/or pain to ensure their happiness. This is most evident with his relationship with the Invisible Woman.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Im not sure I see Namor as wife beater... or that being conservative is that strong of a relation to being a wife beater. However, I'm not from America.

I do feel however, that Namor has shown only interest in Women. I also feel that at times he goes out of his way to show the woman he interested in that he is, can be, and wants to be everything a woman would ever want in the man. He has the power, the money, the status, and so on. I also feel that in terms of love he treats his woman in the same manor as he does his kingdom. Putting it first before him, self- sacrificing his wants, and at times causing himself harm and/or pain to ensure their happiness. This is most evident with his relationship with the Invisible Woman.
    Woha! You are misunderstanding my post. Where did I imply that Namor was a wife beater? On the contrary, he is a women's protector. If it was the word "barbaric" I meant to say he will be persistent and not respect when the woman has already a companion.

Mighty Member

Does anyone knows what is this image from?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Does anyone knows what is this image from?
    This is from The Marvels Project issue 6 its a mini series that runs 8 issues and covers the golden age through the eyes of The Angel. I love it and it has this beautiful scene of Namor vs Human Torch:

marvelsprojectwave.jpg
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    So, now we know why this arc is called "War Ghost." Now my question is ... is Namor mad? Or is the ghost something else wearing a face? Cause, there's still the weirdness going on with Namor and his powers and his eyes, etc.
    Has everyone forgotten the flower shaped alien currently in Namor's possession? It was introduced in the Hyperion series and gave powers to a bunch of carnies. It could also influence behavior.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    This is from The Marvels Project issue 6 its a mini series that runs 8 issues and covers the golden age through the eyes of The Angel. I love it and it has this beautiful scene of Namor vs Human Torch:

marvelsprojectwave.jpg
    Thanks, IW, that's a beautiful panel. Been meaning to read that mini series for awhile and still haven't got to it! :P

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I raised it up because Dennis Hopeless said that the Secret Wars: House of M mini almost had Namor and Quicksilver in a gay relationship.

That is an alternate universe, though, so different rules apply.
    House of M 2015 was supposed to revolve around Namor and Pietro being in a relationship and the main reason for the motivations behind them conspiring against Erik. Marvel scrapped that because they didn't want to deal with people trying to confirm if the two characters were bi or gay in the main 616 and they said they didn't want to do that unless it had lasting effects, however iirc they made Hercules and Wolverine in a relationship in an AU. Link

Also an alternate cover was discarded as a choice because of this decision:

Thanks, IW, that's a beautiful panel. Been meaning to read that mini series for awhile and still haven't got to it! :P
    No problem! It's a good series and you have the main three's history in there and honestly I am just a sucker for any retelling of the golden age Invaders meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    House of M 2015 was supposed to revolve around Namor and Pietro being in a relationship and the main reason for the motivations behind them conspiring against Erik. Marvel scrapped that because they didn't want to deal with people trying to confirm if the two characters were bi or gay in the main 616 and they said they didn't want to do that unless it had lasting effects, however iirc they made Hercules and Wolverine in a relationship in an AU. Link

Also an alternate cover was discarded as a choice because of this decision:

In this case Im glad it didn’t happen. There is already a large enough stigma of men wearing speedos in America to have the Champion of the speedo forced outed in an alternate reality book.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Mighty Member

Still scratching my head about the wife beater comment I re-read my post and added just one sentence to see if that clarifies it for you-new sentence is in bold:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The way I read it is Namor is one of the most straight superheroes in a very old conservative way.

The way Namor relates to:

His sexual interest has always been 100% women. I've observed that in an almost barbaric way he pursues the females he likes and see other men simply as the competition (Reed and Sue, Cyclops and Emma Frost). He is the ultimate alpha male and a guy that probably consider all other men as his inferior as he probably enjoys proving himself against them as a sport to impress on women, the final prize. Probably outside of the Invaders and some very old friends atlanteans like Lord Vashti Namor doesn't have too many close guy friends.

Also one of the few or perhaps the only superhero that at a time when every hero had a male sidekick, he always preferred to have the close company of a woman. First Namora, then Namorita and in X-Men Hope got very close to him. The relationship with both under age girls Namorita and Hope in a non romantic way and mostly as a protective older brother.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 01-17-2019 at 03:51 PM.

Still scratching my head about the wife beater comment I re-read my post and added just one sentence to see if that clarifies it for you-new sentence is in bold:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The way Namor relates to:

No worries friend! I misunderstood what you wrote. English is not my first language and I find writing on forums to help my writing overall. However, there are times when things get lost in translation. LOL

Your correction here just further clears that up. So thank you for taking the time to do so, when you didn't have to.

Mighty Member

No worries friend! I misunderstood what you wrote. English is not my first language and I find writing on forums to help my writing overall. However, there are times when things get lost in translation. LOL

Your correction here just further clears that up. So thank you for taking the time to do so, when you didn't have to.
    That's cool just making clear I don't think Namor is a wife beater, nor would I like it. LOL
    Last edited by Thor-El; 01-17-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Mighty Member

Another Gif from "To Destroy a Tyrant" A time displaced Namor refuses to kill a defeated gladiator in Nero's arena in ancient Rome. Nero orders Namor to be chained and taken to be sacrificed to the fire demon. Of course Namor had to be enough time away from water and fighting in the arena so he cannot break mere chains. Or perhaps the time travel has some drying effects as well. Trying to explain why he would be having trouble here.

Mighty Member

From the 60s Namor cartoon "To Destroy a Tyrant" - By order of the wicked emperor Nero, Namor is tied up to stakes and placed in a pyre as a sacrifice to the demon god Vulcanus.