Page 21 of 182 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    From the 60s Namor cartoon "To Destroy a Tyrant" - By order of the wicked emperor Nero, Namor is tied up to stakes and placed in a pyre as a sacrifice to the demon god Vulcanus.
    these gifs are great.

I remember speaking with a 70+ year old Star Trek fan who was around then the og series aired and we spoke about Spock and Namor and how similar they looked. Even that Spock as a blonde friend named Jim. She told me that the creator Roddenberry would have been about 18 when Namor was in the comics and he was a fan of science fiction and comics and we theorized that he might have been subconsciously influenced by Namor's looks and being a half breed for the creation of Spock. So seeing the name Vulcanus again reminded me of that.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

From the 60s Namor cartoon "To Destroy a Tyrant" - By order of the wicked emperor Nero, Namor is tied up to stakes and placed in a pyre as a sacrifice to the demon god Vulcanus.
    Noooo! Not chained over FLAMES!

What is it about Namor in chains?

Loving the gifs, Thor-El! Thank you so much for posting them.

Been busy the last couple of days. Very frustrating since we are in the middle of the best Namor week we've had in years! But I'll try to catch up tomorrow.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Just wanted to poke my head in and say ...I AM SO GLAD SOMEONE AT MARVEL IS WRITING A GOOD NAMOR!!!!!!!!

It's about darn time.

As to the current topic....Namor is straight. Like super straight. Namor doesn't discriminate when he comes to women. Black, White, Green, or Gills if the woman is confident, strong , and respectable Namor is at the very least interested in her if not all about her.
    I like this no nonsense Namor too. It's about time he started letting sea dwellers know who's boss and gathering allies because his surface friends are never around when he needs them. Best Sub-Mariner characterization since Fraction's Defenders.

"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Finally had a chance to read MCP and Invaders. Both of these were really great. I wouldn't mind if they included the Namor story in the Invaders TPB since it syncs up well thematically.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 01-18-2019 at 01:40 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Bleeding Cool is reporting that Invaders #1 AND Marvel Comics Presents are going back for a 2nd printings!!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...ond-printings/

And Namor's Best Defense book also went to a 2nd printing. People are finally appreciating our Prince, this year. Of course, Wolverine and Cap have nothing to do with this. LOL
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Bleeding Cool is reporting that Invaders #1 AND Marvel Comics Presents are going back for a 2nd printings!!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...ond-printings/

And Namor's Best Defense book also went to a 2nd printing. People are finally appreciating our Prince, this year. Of course, Wolverine and Cap have nothing to do with this. LOL
    Woohoo! Great news! I'm no psychic but I can see the stars aligning for a Namor ongoing in the very near future!

Woohoo! Great news! I'm no psychic but I can see the stars aligning for a Namor ongoing in the very near future!
    I hope so! and Chip tweeted about it too and even mentioned Defenders! Link

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I hope so! and Chip tweeted about it too and even mentioned Defenders! Link
    Yes I saw that!

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Finally had a chance to read MCP and Invaders. Both of these were really great. I wouldn't mind if they included the Namor story in the Invaders TPB since it sinks up well thematically.
    My pocket book would appreciate it. ;p Thematically, the setting, and both coming out the same day -- I really felt it was one great story. I wonder if Zdarsky read Pak's story ahead of time?

I was rereading Defenders and Invaders back to back and just how did I not see Machan? I remembered reading Defenders and getting so upset that Machan's ears were rounded I mentioned this to a friend and I thought that Magno had forgotten the pointed Atlantean ears, but now in hindsight I see that it was a clue and done on purpose because others do have the pointed ears.

Also if you notice in Invaders, the first time we see a close up of Namor's eyes in the present after he woke up from his nightmare they are blue with black sclera but then in the end when he is closer/speaking to Machan and unleashing his power you see they are completely black. It's these little details that just make the comics *chef kiss* amazing.

I was rereading Defenders and Invaders back to back and just how did I not see Machan? I remembered reading Defenders and getting so upset that Machan's ears were rounded I mentioned this to a friend and I thought that Magno had forgotten the pointed Atlantean ears, but now in hindsight I see that it was a clue and done on purpose because others do have the pointed ears.

Also if you notice in Invaders, the first time we see a close up of Namor's eyes in the present after he woke up from his nightmare they are blue with black sclera but then in the end when he is closer/speaking to Machan and unleashing his power you see they are completely black. It's these little details that just make the comics *chef kiss* amazing.
    Wow. I didn't notice Machan's ears at all. I was just getting creeped out about him with his constantly clasped hands.

I remembered what I posted in the 365 thread. The valets giving Namor the side eye, and wondering about that.

The eye thing, and NO ONE mentioning it really bothering me.

Wow. I didn't notice Machan's ears at all. I was just getting creeped out about him with his constantly clasped hands.

I remembered what I posted in the 365 thread. The valets giving Namor the side eye, and wondering about that.

The eye thing, and NO ONE mentioning it really bothering me.
    It's bothering me too!!! I have a feeling that maybe no one can see the black eyes? I mean Aaron didn't take any time at all but maybe when Steve shows up in Invaders to see Namor we might get something???

I hadn't noticed the Valets until you posted about them and then I had a big hold face palm becaus OF course they are giving weird looks, Namor is talking to thin air!!!

It's bothering me too!!! I have a feeling that maybe no one can see the black eyes? I mean Aaron didn't take any time at all but maybe when Steve shows up in Invaders to see Namor we might get something???

I hadn't noticed the Valets until you posted about them and then I had a big hold face palm becaus OF course they are giving weird looks, Namor is talking to thin air!!!
    If they couldn't see underwater, they sure could see them when Defenders of the Deep attacked that sealab thingee. Black Panther, who is supposed to have all those heightened senses, was staring him right in the face. Cap was in his face underwater ... and I think at the sealab too.

Instead, we get Jim Hammond, who hasn't even seen Namor in this state, having to tell Cap that something was wrong with Namor. #RealFriends

If they couldn't see underwater, they sure could see them when Defenders of the Deep attacked that sealab thingee. Black Panther, who is supposed to have all those heightened senses, was staring him right in the face. Cap was in his face underwater ... and I think at the sealab too.

Instead, we get Jim Hammond, who hasn't even seen Namor in this state, having to tell Cap that something was wrong with Namor. #RealFriends
    When Steve faced Namor, Namor's eyes were fine...

Eyes.jpg

As opposed to one or two pages later, after Steve had already left...

Eyes2.jpg

In the first set of panels you can see the whites of his eyes, in the second you cannot. Can't really fault Steve, here.
    Last edited by capandkirby; 01-18-2019 at 01:11 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    When Steve faced Namor, Namor's eyes were fine...

Eyes.jpg

As opposed to one or two pages later, after Steve had already left...

Eyes2.jpg

In the first set of panels you can see the whites of his eyes, in the second you cannot. Can't really fault Steve, here.
    This could be a coloring error but it could also be whatever is influencing Namor knows when to hide its presence, that would be cool.