Page 29 of 182 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Namor can control sea life too, at least in the cartoons they always made a big deal of that ability. In the chapter where he goes against the Thing from space he sends lots of marine life against the robot, including an octopus and a whale.
    I didn't remember that, but cool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Another thing to remember is that on more then one occasion Namor has resisted and/or overcame attempts of mind control. Purple Man and Puppet Master both saw first hand that Namor's strength of will can overcome incredible odds.
    Purple Man! That was the other one, I couldn't remember. Thank you.

Plus, I don't think Aquaman's powers work against humans. Otherwise, why is he fighting Orm? Why not just 'control' him?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Namor's Mercy is one of his plays:
    Attachment 77897
    Edit: One more picture I had taken from the game
    Attachment 77898
    Yes. I've spent some time this evening PLAYING Namor in Puzzle Quest!!

It was so awesome to just get to pick him and have him duke it out with Sentry. Sadly, I am not worthy. I've lost my fights, but I DID wipe out Sentry every time.

The game gives advice after I lose, and apparently, I'm supposed to use Namor's (and other characters) powers, before I match up three in a row. So, now I've got to figure out how to use the character's powers. I'm so bad at this. But I love playing Namor. LOL!

There's a special where you can buy him for $20.00 bucks. I can't believe I'm contemplating it.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Another thing to remember is that on more then one occasion Namor has resisted and/or overcame attempts of mind control. Purple Man and Puppet Master both saw first hand that Namor's strength of will can overcome incredible odds.
    Remember that Doctor Doom had to expose Namor way ahead of other heroes so that there was a chance for him to be controlled by Doom via the Purple Man, so Doom couldn't just put the whammy on him, he had to do it over a period of time when Namor's, thinking he and Doom were allies, guard was slightly down. His will strength is also shown again when in X-Men, Emma Frost commented on him keeping a mental door locked tight when he didn't want her to see certain thoughts. That was impressive because Emma is one the worlds most powerful telepaths. Which makes me wonder what exactly will be happening with Prof. X in Invaders.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Yes. I've spent some time this evening PLAYING Namor in Puzzle Quest!!

It was so awesome to just get to pick him and have him duke it out with Sentry. Sadly, I am not worthy. I've lost my fights, but I DID wipe out Sentry every time.

The game gives advice after I lose, and apparently, I'm supposed to use Namor's (and other characters) powers, before I match up three in a row. So, now I've got to figure out how to use the character's powers. I'm so bad at this. But I love playing Namor. LOL!

There's a special where you can buy him for $20.00 bucks. I can't believe I'm contemplating it.
    lol, I was thinking about buying it too. I had fun playing Namor and honestly I really wish Marvel would make an amazing Atlantis game, it would be so much fun to explore it and play Namor and other Atlanteans. (I love the Sony spiderman game)

A few pics that another player posted. LINK
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 01-31-2019 at 11:33 PM.

Remember that Doctor Doom had to expose Namor way ahead of other heroes so that there was a chance for him to be controlled by Doom via the Purple Man, so Doom couldn't just put the whammy on him, he had to do it over a period of time when Namor's, thinking he and Doom were allies, guard was slightly down. His will strength is also shown again when in X-Men, Emma Frost commented on him keeping a mental door locked tight when he didn't want her to see certain thoughts. That was impressive because Emma is one the worlds most powerful telepaths. Which makes me wonder what exactly will be happening with Prof. X in Invaders.
    I remember Doom had to have Namor wear that purple gem, and things went badly when it was broken, IIRC.

I always felt that Emma's trick with Namor and Sebastian Shaw shouldn't have worked out exactly like that. And of course, it was beyond annoying that they never followed up with that once Namor discovered Shaw was alive. But there were plenty of things that should have been mentioned / resolved with various characters, like Dr. Nemesis, but the X-office never did so.

I am a bit nervous about the Professor X and changes ... but Zdarsky has earned a chance with me, so we'll see.

lol, I was thinking about buying it too. I had fun playing Namor and honestly I really wish Marvel would make an amazing Atlantis game, it would be so much fun to explore it and play Namor and other Atlanteans. (I love the Sony spiderman game)

A few pics that another player posted. LINK
    I'm really happy with the art for Namor in this game. I hadn't seen any of those pics! Of course, I never figured out how to use Namor's powers, so I'm not surprised. LOL!

Atlantis would be an AWESOME game. Or, like you said, an animated show. I don't understand how Marvel can keep dismissing the underwater setting, when there's so many success elsewhere with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

Purple Man! That was the other one, I couldn't remember. Thank you.

Plus, I don't think Aquaman's powers work against humans. Otherwise, why is he fighting Orm? Why not just 'control' him?
    That's a great point too. Didn't think of that.

There is also that time Namor Flat Out blocked Dr. Strange's Astro form from entering his mind while being bound by the bands of Cyttorak. Namor broke out of the alleged "unbreakable" bands shortly after doing so.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

All-New Member

Namor can control sea life too, at least in the cartoons they always made a big deal of that ability. In the chapter where he goes against the Thing from space he sends lots of marine life against the robot, including an octopus and a whale.
    Yeah,he has controlled Marine life several times in comics,

That's a great point too. Didn't think of that.

There is also that time Namor Flat Out blocked Dr. Strange's Astro form from entering his mind while being bound by the bands of Cyttorak. Namor broke out of the alleged "unbreakable" bands shortly after doing so.
    I recall seeing those panels in several 'feats' list, but I'm not sure which issue that actually occurred in.

Quote Originally Posted by Genii96 View Post
    Yeah,he has controlled Marine life several times in comics,
    It does appear so. But I tend to put that in the 'optional' powers for Namor. Meaning, not many writers use it.

It was Namor's birthday yesterday on feb. 2nd (comic) and I was too busy to be online but Happy Belated Birthday to the King of the Seas!

Happy Belated Birthday Blessed King Of The Deep!

Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Mighty Member

Happy Birthday to the King of Atlantis. And Namor hits some front double biceps like only the Atlantis king can do it.
    From the 60s Namor Cartoon, The World Within.
    After the recent menaces of Attuma and Krang have been squahed by Namor, he entertains his subjects in the arena with his feats of strength.

Mighty Member

After the recent menaces of Attuma and Krang have been squahed by Namor, he entertains his subjects in the arena with his feats of strength.

Mighty Member

After the recent menaces of Attuma and Krang have been squashed by Namor, he entertains his subjects in the arena with his feats of strength.
    These are great, Thor-El! Thank you for posting them!

Namor looks like he's having a great time entertaining his people. I've always thought Namor loves the theatrics and ACTING!