Page 34 of 182 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

A friend gave me a link to a fan art, this is so cool and how I think Namor could look if he ever got a movie and they went with his newest outfit. Even though I really would prefer the speedo, still this is cool.

Link

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    A friend gave me a link to a fan art, this is so cool and how I think Namor could look if he ever got a movie and they went with his newest outfit. Even though I really would prefer the speedo, still this is cool.

Link

Wow this is so dope!
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 02-13-2019 at 12:03 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

So what did you think of Namor in X-Men Red? I have to catch up on my reading.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post

Link

He sort of looks like a samurai and very close to an actor I can't quite place.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Characterization was fine, but under-utilized.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Nice! It shows how his current costume could look in a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post

He sort of looks like a samurai and very close to an actor I can't quite place.
    I think it's Joe Taslim.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Characterization was fine, but under-utilized.

Definitely under utilized. There wasn't any reason for the character to be there, except for a bad pun. There wasn't anything egregiously objectionable about the characterization, mostly because the character was background wall paper, so I found Taylor's Namor to be ... bland. It was never made clear why Namor would have anything to do with the X-Men and Jean Grey in particular, after AvX. Totally wasted potential as far as Namor ... and well everyone, except Jean Grey.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/mar...ra-1203134321/

So, Marvel announced it is going to make 4 new animated shows for Hulu. They will feature Howard the Duck; Tigra and Dazzler; MODOK; and Hit Monkey.

It's great to know Marvel would rather push HIT MONKEY than Namor.

Sigh.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

So, Marvel announced it is going to make 4 new animated shows for Hulu. They will feature Howard the Duck; Tigra and Dazzler; MODOK; and Hit Monkey.

Sigh.
    To be fair, those are all pretty obviously Bob's Burgers/Rick and Morty style comedies. Don't know if I want Namor portrayed like that.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    To be fair, those are all pretty obviously Bob's Burgers/Rick and Morty style comedies. Don't know if I want Namor portrayed like that.
    Good point. Though, I'm not sure if Tigra and Dazzler will fall into that style entirely. However, those characters are all on their way to becoming household names and known as Marvel characters, outside of comic fandom. And we can start a countdown to when they'll get a comic book push, including their own books. Meanwhile, Namor languishes, while DC characters he inspired are globally recognized, rolling in the movie money and getting comics. Just wait till Black Adam drops. We can well and truly hang it up as far as Namor getting anything outside of comics.

And on a smaller annoyance, they are even appropriating the team name that was first used with the Defenders opposites, including Namor's Tiger Shark.

And I just czn't get over HIT MONKEY. ugh.

There were a few hints since two weeks, at first quite enigmatic tbh, but I was really intrigued and Gormuu from the forum of the http://www.marvelmasterworks.com site just announced it less than one hour ago:

http://www.collectededitions.com/mar...everett01.html

I won't spoil it, just check the link: great news for the 80th anniversary!
    Last edited by Abe; 02-13-2019 at 08:06 AM.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    There were a few hints since two weeks, at first quite enigmatic tbh, but I was really intrigued and Gormuu from the forum of the http://www.marvelmasterworks.com site just announced it less than one hour ago:

OMG!!! SOLD! That is awesome news! This is something I've long wanted, and have even contemplated making my own out of Marvel Masterworks. Is it complete? I'll have to check into it, but it looks like it.

Thank you, Abe! You've lifted me from my Hit Monkey depression.

Sigh.
    Marvel is rereleasing Submariner: The Depths.

I'm pretty sure they are getting ready for a push.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Marvel is rereleasing Submariner: The Depths.

I'm pretty sure they are getting ready for a push.
    I hope you are right! It is long overdue.

Though, the Depths is a bit of an odd choice. Great story, but it hardly has any of Namor in it. I wish they'd finish up at least the Bryne run. We got two volumes, and just need one, I think, to have all his Namor art in trade.

Though, the Depths is a bit of an odd choice. Great story, but it hardly has any of Namor in it. I wish they'd finish up at least the Bryne run. We got two volumes, and just need one, I think, to have all his Namor art in trade.
    I think using The Depths as a starting block for his MCU appearance might be a good way to differentiate Namor from Aquaman. Maybe the MCU Atlanteans can have more of a Deep Ones/Dagon type of vibe rather than having them modelled on a shinning antiquity inspired kingdom.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

The reason for The Depths being rereleased isn't so odd when you know that there are rumors of the Aquaman spinoff The Trench in the works. From the article I read it said The Trench was introduced and focused on in 2011 in the comics. Meanwhile the The Depths was 2009 iirc. Funny how after Namor is a horror type comic in the Mariana Trench a few years later suddenly DC has that too? :/ Anyways it's just rumors now but the characters for the Trench were introduced in the Aquaman movie. Marvel could just be subtley reminding people that they did the Horror comic first?

I think Marvel needs to stop tiptoeing around that and just come out with a damn solo. Push Namor to the top as a big player again. My own suspicions are that Invaders will only focus on Namor for the 6 issues that are already confirmed and then focus on others, but I'm hoping this means that we will get a solo after those 6 issues so Namor has that as well as costarring in the Invaders as it moves on to other characters.

Sad about how every character seems to have a chance at an animated show when I know that handled right a Sub-Mariner show could be stunningly beautiful. However I would want good animation and not a show for laughs like the other shows seem to be.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post

Wow! This is great news and those covers look awesome. The one of Namor wrestling the shark, would love to have it in poster size.