Page 41 of 182 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Invaders has explained Namor's new powers:
    spoilers:
    He somehow stole Hydroman's powers.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I hope it is permanent,It is a great addition.

Atlantean technology, most likely. The scientists have been able to change surface dwellers to underwater so why not this?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Invaders 2 is SO GOOD!

There's more time for Steve, but relationship fans will appreciate it.

And there's another costume change ... sort of. LOL!

Also, a hair cut is needed ASAP!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I hope it is permanent,It is a great addition.
    He had access to those powers before, but I think it was temporary, and tied to spoilers:
    using Neptune's trident as his champion
    end of spoilers, IIRC.

Part of me loves it and agrees, it's a better fit for Namor thanspoilers:
    an airbreather
    end of spoilers. But part of me is nervous about such a big change ... and how it will be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Atlantean technology, most likely. The scientists have been able to change surface dwellers to underwater so why not this?
    That looks likely. But I'm also wondering if it doesn't tie into Jason Aaron's Celestials / Prehistoric Avengers plotline? Also, would it explain Namor's other changes? Like his delusions and his black eyes and strength upgrade?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I always say I don't like Namor in a shirt but that shirt is pretty nice lol
    [spoilers]

[/spoilers]
    Also I loved Invaders today, I hope the quality of this just keeps going forever, this is such a good comic and the explanation of his powers is great. I'm greatly looking forward to next month, and Machan is now influencing Namor to a darker path but I hope Namor can resist him, whatever he is, a hallucination or mental control.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

In Remembrance of Bill Everett, thanks for making such great characters, art, and stories that we fans still love today.

Bill Everett
    [May 18, 1917 - February 27, 1973]

(Edit: I just remembered that Bill created Namor and co-created Daredevil and now 80 years later we have one creator working on Bill's two most popular characters, Chip is doing a great job so far and I am very pleased that Bill's creations are being handled so well.)
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 02-27-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I always say I don't like Namor in a shirt but that shirt is pretty nice lol
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Also I loved Invaders today, I hope the quality of this just keeps going forever, this is such a good comic and the explanation of his powers is great. I'm greatly looking forward to next month, and Machan is now influencing Namor to a darker path but I hope Namor can resist him, whatever he is, a hallucination or mental control.
    It's as flamboyant as heck. LOL!

I think it's funny, though, cause WHEN does Namor ever cover himself up, especially when meeting friends? Has Nay lectured him about showing up around the house half-naked? It's like he just threw on a jacket to make himself "presentable." ;p

I'm loving these first two issues. And hoping that Zdarsky doesn't jump the shark.

Machan is an interesting ... symptom. I am also curious about WHY he's there now. Namor doesn't usually have hallucinations. And it also shows how isolated Namor is. If his cast, which we've long been ... complaining about their absence, was there, ONE of them would have surely asked, WHO he was talking to. Perhaps this is also part of Zdarsky's plan. Perhaps Namor's cast is being held prisoner or shunted off on missions away from. All of which tends to point to a villain manipulating events, rather than Namor just being crazy.

In Remembrance of Bill Everett, thanks for making such great characters, art, and stories that we fans still love today.

Bill Everett
    [May 18, 1917 - February 27, 1973]

(Edit: I just remembered that Bill created Namor and co-created Daredevil and now 80 years later we have one creator working on Bill's two most popular characters, Chip is doing a great job so far and I am very pleased that Bill's creations are being handled so well.)
    I was going to ask Zdarsky about that when he posted that DD 7 pin up. Got to get a twitter account going.

And yes, a sad anniversary for an underrated and amazing creator. That Marie Severin tribute page from Subby's book is perfect and poignant.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I was going to ask Zdarsky about that when he posted that DD 7 pin up. Got to get a twitter account going.

And yes, a sad anniversary for an underrated and amazing creator. That Marie Severin tribute page from Subby's book is perfect and poignant.
    I did make a comment about how Bill created them and mentioning how much I loved that daredevil issue and Chip liked that response. I just think that its very fated that in the 80th year one creator is working on two of Bill's characters and is knocking it out of the park so far. I love that tribute page, Marie is one of my favorite namor artists.

It's as flamboyant as heck. LOL!

I think it's funny, though, cause WHEN does Namor ever cover himself up, especially when meeting friends? Has Nay lectured him about showing up around the house half-naked? It's like he just threw on a jacket to make himself "presentable." ;p

I'm loving these first two issues. And hoping that Zdarsky doesn't jump the shark.

Machan is an interesting ... symptom. I am also curious about WHY he's there now. Namor doesn't usually have hallucinations. And it also shows how isolated Namor is. If his cast, which we've long been ... complaining about their absence, was there, ONE of them would have surely asked, WHO he was talking to. Perhaps this is also part of Zdarsky's plan. Perhaps Namor's cast is being held prisoner or shunted off on missions away from. All of which tends to point to a villain manipulating events, rather than Namor just being crazy.
    LOL, he doesn't want to get on Nay's bad side? XD I really hope Zdarsky has a good explanation for it and also we get to find out why/how Nay was able to do that with the fish in the tank. Can't wait for issue four, i feel things will be revealed there cause of what was on the preview cover.

Mighty Member

I liked issue 2 a lot. Liked the Butch Guice artwork a lot more than Magnos'. Too few Butch Guice pages this time tough. I don't remember if Nay and her father are new characters created for this series or if they are old characters.

Mighty Member

Bill Everett inking Kirby in Thor are some of the most beautiful Kirby artwork I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I liked issue 2 a lot. Liked the Butch Guice artwork a lot more than Magnos'. Too few Butch Guice pages this time tough. I don't remember if Nay and her father are new characters created for this series or if they are old characters.
    Someone asked Carlos Magno that and he confirmed that the characters were new and he was the one who created their designs. Twitter Link

And that Thor art is beautiful! Kirby and Everret made a great duo!

Mighty Member

Someone asked Carlos Magno that and he confirmed that the characters were new and he was the one who created their designs. Twitter Link

And that Thor art is beautiful! Kirby and Everret made a great duo!
    Hmm, makes one wonder why not using The Falsworths, as we also wondered why Machlan and not Lord Vashti. Hopefuly the reason is because these new characters are disposable and we will get to see those beloved supporting characters in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Hmm, makes one wonder why not using The Falsworths, as we also wondered why Machlan and not Lord Vashti. Hopefuly the reason is because these new characters are disposable and we will get to see those beloved supporting characters in the near future.
    Machan is already known to be not real some kind of hallucination of Namor's mind or someone is using mental control to make Namor see/talk to him as for the Falsworths they would have told if they had met Namor during his amnesisa years I think so that is why Zdarsky introduced the Petersons, I really do hope we get someone from the old crew on the comic soon, but it seems unlikely at this point, Zdarsky did answer my question about why Toro wasn't at the funeral in today's comic and he said that he does have a plan for Toro and him not being there is deliberate Twitter Link so I hope that means he might have other Invaders come in soon.