Page 42 of 182 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I hope it is permanent,It is a great addition.
    Intriguing. I wonder how far this power goes, and if it is dependent on any item, device, tech, etc. I hope it's not like Gladiator's super strength where there is some invisible beam that greatly enhances his power from afar.

I still want Namor's sea-life influence to be explored. DC does not own that power, anymore than they own somebody flying or having eye-beams.

I am still unclear on the overall end-game that Namor is angling for here. Has he still declared absolute war on any human presence in the seas?
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 02-27-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Invaders has explained Namor's new powers:
    spoilers:
    He somehow stole Hydroman's powers.
    end of spoilers
    I like this new ability and think its a fitting addition to Namor's power-set. I too hope it becomes something permanent.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I like this new ability and think its a fitting addition to Namor's power-set. I too hope it becomes something permanent.
    I agree, I think the water manipulation is a cool power set. I also actually really like the black eyes. It makes much more sense for him considering preferred environment.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

How long have Namors eyes gone fully black like they are in Invaders? It looks something new to me but I dig it.

I'm liking the upgrade but I'm on the fence about the whole thing. Trying to be patient until more comes out but the situation with Hydro-Man is somewhat strange.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I know a lot of people on this thread don't have much love for Black Panther, but the current issue of the Intergalactic story has an Amnesiac T'challa on an aquatic planet interacting with a race that bares strong resemblance to Atlanteans.

I don't think it's the planet Namor was on in Defenders, but it's still a point of interest. Check it out if you're inclined.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I know a lot of people on this thread don't have much love for Black Panther, but the current issue of the Intergalactic story has an Amnesiac T'challa on an aquatic planet interacting with a race that bares strong resemblance to Atlanteans.

I don't think it's the planet Namor was on in Defenders, but it's still a point of interest. Check it out if you're inclined.
    Really? Interesting. I think it would have been cool to have been the Vodan from the Best Defense. Thanks for the heads up. I'll check out it.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Really? Interesting. I think it would have been cool to have been the Vodan from the Best Defense. Thanks for the heads up. I'll check out it.
    I think you might also like the fact that they are portrayed pretty well, getting the drop on T'challa and setting him straight that he's been misinformed.
    Pull List:

I agree, I think the water manipulation is a cool power set. I also actually really like the black eyes. It makes much more sense for him considering preferred environment.
    I've always liked the idea that the Atlanteans, Namor included, have the third eyelid, that covers their entire eye. It makes sense, given the various levels of light they encounter, from the Abyssmal Plain to the coral reefs, as well as the varying pressures. That way, they could have 'normal' looking eyes and the full black eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    How long have Namors eyes gone fully black like they are in Invaders? It looks something new to me but I dig it.
    Since his appearance in Jason Aaron's Avengers 9. I really wish one of the Invaders, or even the Peterson's would comment on it. It's not something we've seen before. Though, Esad Ribic gave Shark Namor those kind of eyes in Sub-Mariner the Depths; but that's more of an Alternate Universe Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I'm liking the upgrade but I'm on the fence about the whole thing. Trying to be patient until more comes out but the situation with Hydro-Man is somewhat strange.
    I think we share the same feelings about the additional powers. But, you know, with Hydroman getting a movie appearance, they aren't going to depower him in the comics.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I think you might also like the fact that they are portrayed pretty well, getting the drop on T'challa and setting him straight that he's been misinformed.
    Setting folks straight sounds pretty Atlantean. LOL!

I'm surprised they would get the drop on him ... unless he was underwater.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Setting folks straight sounds pretty Atlantean. LOL!

I'm surprised they would get the drop on him ... unless he was underwater.
    That's why I was wondering if it's tied to Defenders. It's an entire underwater planet.

The species in question are blue skinned and have "elf" ears. So if they aren't tied to Atlantis overtly, they are pretty clearly intended to be an homage.

Last edited by KOSLOX; 02-28-2019 at 08:08 AM.
    Pull List:

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

It could be Marvel introducing Atlanteans 2.0 just in case they do decide to go with a wankanda vs. atlantis plot for bp2 and they can't use Namor or the Atlanteans? Just a theory.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

The aliens in question are the Teku-Maza. They were originally an aquatic race but after being conquered by the Wakanda Empire they were subjected to genetic experimentation and became amphibious. Their planet is called Agwe.

It would be interesting to have them come into contact with Namor and the Atlanteans.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Kind of hard imaging Susan, or most surface women wanting to get up close with that.

That's why I was wondering if it's tied to Defenders. It's an entire underwater planet.

Oh, I remember seeing this cover and really liking it -- had that Dagon / Jaws feel. I thought it was a variant.

I hope, WHEN Namor gets his own book, there might eventually be an exploration of the Vodan and their claim that they are the origin of the Atlanteans. I don't think that claim is entirely correctly, however. It is interesting how many 'hidden' underwater cities there in Namor's world, usually accessed by a portal.

The species in question are blue skinned and have "elf" ears. So if they aren't tied to Atlantis overtly, they are pretty clearly intended to be an homage.
    Is Coates trying to do Marvel homages in his BP in space run? Like Hickman in his War of the Four Cities arc, with the FF? It is a bit strange that they resemble the Atlanteans so much. Maybe not the blue skin, as I think there's some sort of low oxygen thing that is partially responsible for the blue skin.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    It could be Marvel introducing Atlanteans 2.0 just in case they do decide to go with a wankanda vs. atlantis plot for bp2 and they can't use Namor or the Atlanteans? Just a theory.
    O_O

Yes, yet another effort to eliminate / diminish Namor and the Atlanteans. sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    The aliens in question are the Teku-Maza. They were originally an aquatic race but after being conquered by the Wakanda Empire they were subjected to genetic experimentation and became amphibious. Their planet is called Agwe.

It would be interesting to have them come into contact with Namor and the Atlanteans.
    Ah, so they are amphibious. Thank you for the info!

There was an aquatic planet Triton encountered in the DNA War of Kings stuff, IIRC. But I think they looked more like Triton than the Atlanteans. It could be interesting, but I'm trying to think how many times Namor or the Atlanteans have had cosmic contact / stories. I can only think of two, the Stalker From the Stars one off, and of course, Tamar's ship crash landing on Earth.