Page 46 of 182 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Lenil Yu talks more about Wave and her "powers." It appears she may be more like Stingray, rather than a water breather.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...nnounced-sxsw/
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Very cool. I own the Deodato suit and the one in the box.

I really would like to have this sculpture from Art Asylum, to me is the best Namor sculpture available. Bowen, who does great sculptures did this same pose. The one below standing in the coral reef, but I don't think he was as successful.

Is that the Diamond Select Marvel Milestones version? I think I have that one. But I'm the opposite. I prefer the Bowen sculpts. I love the aquatic bases and the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I'm flailing over those!!! I'm trying to save up enough money to get a really nice sculpture. A friend has a bronze Namor in that pose that is simply gorgeous!

Yes, that's the Bowen sculpt, but without the cool base. I do like the finish on it. I got the Doctor Doom with that bronze finish.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I guess because they made so many with that awesome pose (Bowen did FOUR), I like it when they do other poses ... though they seem to have a problem getting Namor's face right. ; p

This one is amazing. Even behind the mask, you can tell what Tony's expression is.

I really want this one, but it is out of my price range right now.

And this one is a bit pricey, but I'd even settle for just Namor alone, and not the whole diorama.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I really want this one, but it is out of my price range right now.

This is my dream figure! I would love to collect all of the ones your posted but sadly my bank account does not agree with my dreams. lol, someday I hope to have a custom figure made or something, and I was very happy with Marvel's latests legends figure, its the best Namor in a speedo action figure that I have seen.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Why do you guys think it is so difficult for creators to make great stories with Namor and his world? Why do you feel so many people can't see the potential of stories in Atlantis or Marvel's oceans in general? Why do you think people so easily dismiss Namor and these types of characters, scoffing at stereotypes of speedos and boring fishmen antics? What would you do or wish done to change it?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Why do you guys think it is so difficult for creators to make great stories with Namor and his world? Why do you feel so many people can't see the potential of stories in Atlantis or Marvel's oceans in general? Why do you think people so easily dismiss Namor and these types of characters, scoffing at stereotypes of speedos and boring fishmen antics? What would you do or wish done to change it?
    My personal opinion is that Marvel just doesn't give Namor enough time and doesn't put the effort into worldbuilding. It has more to do with management than with the character. Marvel drops the ball constantly when it comes to Namor and Atlantis, I got into Sub-mariner comics almost 5 years ago now and I have been looking at all the back history, there are writers who want to write him, there are artists interested in drawing his book, but Marvel just won't give Namor the time he needs to regrow his fanbase. Namor was hugely popular in the past, popular enough to get him a cartoon along with Ironman, Hulk, Captain America, and Thor, characters who are now famous all over the world, but out of those characters he has been left behind. Namor has suffered by constantly being someone elses's villain, background decor or cameoing in other's books. He needs a solo to thrive because then the story will be focused on him and not on others. He needs to be spending time in Atlantis more than he spends time on land. Too many times Marvel doesn't know what to do with Namor and Atlantis so they just throw him on land.

For instance, Marvel constantly brings up Namor and Atlantis as a 'powerhouse' or a 'threat' but in the same issue they mention Atlantis being dangerous they blow it up or destroy it etc. Namor's rouge gallery has not been updated in forever, give him greater foes to face, or bring back the bad guys who are off in limbo. The same for his support crew, all of his cast has at one time or another been killed off, written off, or just thrown into limbo and never seen again. Namor as an environmentalist is a GOOD concept and it needs to be shown more.

Marvel wants every first new solo issue to be sold out, amazing, spectacular, all new all different huge success but it won't happen because they won't give it time to grow, to establish itself and work out all the kinks in the writing. They barely even promote anything Sub-Mariner and so when people don't run to sign up for preorders they go 'well namor is not a popular character'. The main reason for Aquaman's success is that DC has constantly put him in the Justice League, Aquaman is always present at one point or another. Marvel needs to make fans CARE about Namor, to worry about him and what will happen to his character. Also Marvel has never given us a definitive history of Atlantis, there is not one book that you can point to and say "if you want to know all about the history of Atlantis then read this' meanwhile Aquaman has that, he has the worldbuilding necessary for new writers to reach into that lore and springboard off of it.

Speedo jokes, fishman antics, all of that isn't a bad thing if handled right. I personally believe that if you can't poke fun every once in a while they why are you enjoying it? It doesn't need to be grimdark. Namor and Atlantis are ripe, practically a clean slate for a good writer to come along and give us a high fantasy underwater adventure. We do not need realism 100% of the time. Give us light and dark moments, but most importantly, do not change Namor from his roots, that he is a man angry at the injustice in the world and is searching for a balance in his life between his two people and two worlds. He is an honorable character, he does what he wants when he wants and he won't apologize for doing what is necessary to save people.

For the love of Neptune please please just give Namor more than a year to get his fanbase growing again, the comic needs at least 5 years ongoing. All I ask for is the impossible: A good writer who cares about Namor, a good artist, and TIME. Please just give Namor a chance to breath and to stretch his ankle wings and unleash hell upon his enemies.

One of the MCU movie leaks guys I follow on Twitter posted this (ImperiusWrecked, I tagged you in the post)...

NamorMCU.jpg

Scott Derrickson was the director of the first Dr. Strange film and he's been contracted to do the second.

I mean, it doesn't mean anything for sure, but it's exciting if it does pan out. As he pointed out, they already have Strange, Hulk and Valkyrie in the MCU, so...

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    One of the MCU movie leaks guys I follow on Twitter posted this (ImperiusWrecked, I tagged you in the post)...

NamorMCU.jpg

Scott Derrickson was the director of the first Dr. Strange film and he's been contracted to do the second.

I mean, it doesn't mean anything for sure, but it's exciting if it does pan out. As he pointed out, they already have Strange, Hulk and Valkyrie in the MCU, so...

Pure conjecture, and probably means nothing, but that will not stop me from SCREAMING WITH JOY!!!!!

Thank you for posting that capandkirby! Made my day!

Pure conjecture, and probably means nothing, but that will not stop me from SCREAMING WITH JOY!!!!!

Thank you for posting that capandkirby! Made my day!
    No problem, made my day, too! I was all set to lose interest in the MCU if they kill off Cap in Endgame, but Namor is one of the few other characters I'd stick around for.

No problem, made my day, too! I was all set to lose interest in the MCU if they kill off Cap in Endgame, but Namor is one of the few other characters I'd stick around for.

I wonder which Scott Derrickson posted and then took down?

I can't imagine them killing of Cap ... though I can see them putting him and Tony and Thor on ice, for a year or so and then recasting them when they return. Which would be shame to lose those role defining actors, but apparently they are moving on / Marvel doesn't want to pay them enough.

I wonder which Scott Derrickson posted and then took down?

I can't imagine them killing of Cap ... though I can see them putting him and Tony and Thor on ice, for a year or so and then recasting them when they return. Which would be shame to lose those role defining actors, but apparently they are moving on / Marvel doesn't want to pay them enough.
    Yeah, I'd love to see a screenshot of that post, too. And I love to know why he took it down. The infamous Marvel snipers, perhaps?

I can't imagine it either. And I used to hate it when they switched actors on roles, but then the Star Trek reboots came out and I thought Quinto and Pine were great as a younger, more inexperienced, Spock and Kirk so I actually wouldn't mind that much. If they recast, I mean. Not that I don't love the current cast for all three of the leads, because I do, but I loved Steve before I loved Evans-as-Steve, so.... They could easily do it the exact same way Star Trek did it, an alternative universe.

Anyway, I'd love to see Steve and Namor in a film together (with Jim too, of course). The original "Big Three". I realize this is most likely a pipe dream, but it would be nice and I'd definitely pay to see it. Alternatively, in the very least, get Matt in the MCU so that Namor can sue humanity.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

This is what he posted

Namor MCU news always makes me drift between dread and joy. It's too bad we won't get a Namor solo movie any time soon because of the rights issues, but if that teaser's legit, it may imply we'll see the true Defenders and possibly Illuminati begin to form in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I'm flailing over those!!! I'm trying to save up enough money to get a really nice sculpture. A friend has a bronze Namor in that pose that is simply gorgeous!
    Beautiful!
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    This is what he posted
    Wasn't it a cover for a past event? Fear itself "The deep" I guess.

NamorMCU.jpg

Thanks for the tag CapandKirby!!! I was very excited, if we can't get a Namor solo or an Invaders movie then Defenders is our best shot at a good Namor! I tend to err on the side of caution and take everything with a grain of salt with movie rumors since I used to get far too excited only to be disappointed later, but with Marvel comics making pushes for Namor with Invaders this year I'm hopeful all these movie rumors spurs Marvel into giving us the Namor comic solo we deserve! I hope we get a good Namor in the movies too!