Page 56 of 182 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

I've cosplayed a couple of times as Bane and Thor and just have to give a shout out to fellow cosplayer Mike Baaden, IMO the definitive Namor cosplayer, this guy totally nailed it. If you are a Submariner fan and you are not following him in instagram (m.b_aquatic_hero) you are missing out. https://www.instagram.com/m.b_aquatic_hero/?hl=en
    Last edited by Thor-El; 04-07-2019 at 01:52 PM.

I want him. yes.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

He cosplays an awesome Namor!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

@ the cartoon Why is everyone so bizarre-looking?

That cosplayer does a damn fine Namor
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

So I finally got around to my local comic store and they had 2 issues of Invaders. First two and I didn't see/receive # 3, so maybe it is not out.

I've read the sorta recent run in Avengers where Namor nearly took out Stingray and appears to be coopted by some other force or presence, perhaps.

But back to Invaders, there is this back story with a family that Namor befriended during/after the War and mentions of his years as amnesiac.

So is there an over or under lap between these events or memories (the photo with Xavier, etc) and the War years/Amnesiac years?

Was this answered by # 3 or has that not come out yet?

So, is the Hydro Man the grandson or great grandson of the Peterson that Namor knew in the war? Son of Nay, his daughter?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    So I finally got around to my local comic store and they had 2 issues of Invaders. First two and I didn't see/receive # 3, so maybe it is not out.

I've read the sorta recent run in Avengers where Namor nearly took out Stingray and appears to be coopted by some other force or presence, perhaps.

But back to Invaders, there is this back story with a family that Namor befriended during/after the War and mentions of his years as amnesiac.

So is there an over or under lap between these events or memories (the photo with Xavier, etc) and the War years/Amnesiac years?

Was this answered by # 3 or has that not come out yet?

So, is the Hydro Man the grandson or great grandson of the Peterson that Namor knew in the war? Son of Nay, his daughter?
    Invaders #3 is out and #4 is coming out this Wednesday! Supposedly, we will get answers about Randall and his daughter Nay, as well as Xavier this Wednesday in issue #4. You can see the preview for it here, that might answer a few questions here:

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ew-invaders-4/

Randall and Nay is an addition to Namor's War Years and Amnesia Years -- it hasn't quite reached retcon, yet, but I'm betting Invaders #4 will be an out right retcon.

No, Hydro Man is a Spider-Man villain who has nothing to do with Randall and Nay, as far as we know.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    @ the cartoon Why is everyone so bizarre-looking?

That cosplayer does a damn fine Namor
    I think the cartoon is a parody, hence the extreme look.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I've cosplayed a couple of times and just have to give a shout out to fellow cosplayer Mike Baaden, IMO the definitive Namor cosplayer, this guy totally nailed it. If you are a Submariner fan and you are not following him in instagram (m.b_aquatic_hero
    ) you are missing out.

https://www.instagram.com/m.b_aquatic_hero/?hl=en
    He's amazing! I love what he said on one of his recent pics:

"I like to make Fitness my costume!"

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I want him. yes.
    LOL! Thank you for saying what some of us were thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    He cosplays an awesome Namor!
    One of the best!

Speaking of Hydro Man ... one of his powers, and what I remember his main power, is him turning his body into water and manipulate that water. What do you think of Namor being able to do the same?

Sharing this comic that was posted from a blog I follow that is just funny, it's a parody of Namor and the Hulk.

Marvel Super Hero Adventures - Spider-Man - Web Designers #1 (2019)

LOL! That's hilarious. I especially love that Hulk is a fanboy. But that bra! OMG.

Namor by Stephen Segovia art is so beautiful! Link

Nice!

I've always liked Segovia's art. It's very ... bold. Didn't he do the Japanese Namor for Greg Pak?

I agree, giving them better motivations and not making them dumbed down would do wonders for Namor's rogues. Also Jae Lee made everyone look more savage in his run but yes, his tiger shark did have huge claws and teeth and reddish eyes, but still looked human enough.

Thanks for posting the panel! Makes things clear. And good point on Jae Lee's 90s work making everyone look a bit ... too "savage."

The panel reminds me that Haras was trying to go in a different direction, despite Lee's visual take, on Tiger Shark. He was the most human, relatable, and interesting, IMO. And Tamara points out to Namor that there are similarities between Namor and Tiger Shark that I wished more writers would explore.

Mighty Member

Sharing this comic that was posted from a blog I follow that is just funny, it's a parody of Namor and the Hulk.

Marvel Super Hero Adventures - Spider-Man - Web Designers #1 (2019)

LOL, this reminds me of the Aquaman and Aqualad parody in Sponge Bob.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Speaking of Hydro Man ... one of his powers, and what I remember his main power, is him turning his body into water and manipulate that water. What do you think of Namor being able to do the same?
    Don't like him turning his body into water, kind of changes the type of hero he is where physicality is always a constant. Would change the fact that Namor always depends on his brute strength to get out of dangerous situations.

LOL, this reminds me of the Aquaman and Aqualad parody in Sponge Bob.
    I haven't seen that particular episode, but the cartoon style is similar.

Don't like him turning his body into water, kind of changes the type of hero he is where physicality is always a constant. Would change the fact that Namor always depends on his brute strength to get out of dangerous situations.
    I wouldn't say Namor depends on his strength every time, as he's certainly used his reputation and other ploys to trick people, but I agree, Namor likes to rely on his strength as a first solution, usually. He's a bit spoiled about that.