P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    for Avengers #18

I'm not reading the series either but there's an article here in CBR that gives away that in Avengers #18 that came out today it is revealed that Mephisto is the one that resurrected Agent Coulson so I wonder if he has anything to do with Namor's black eyes??!
    That's interesting. I actively avoid reading the CBR articles due several cases misinformation I have found in them, so I have not seen that. A Mephisto connection could be interesting....I just hope they don't pull Namor into to many directions could mess up a so far solid story that Invaders has going. But at the same time I'm always down for a decent Mephisto story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Well, that's just my opinion ... which considering how wrong I've been about Aaron's use of Namor, or more precisely non-use of Namor, I wouldn't say it is all that valuable. ;p
    I would prefer a Celestial story just because I find them overall more interesting.

I'm not reading it either. But it does seem odd. I think they drew the short stick, what with all the superheroes in North America.

My beef, is if the Asgardians were only sticking to land, it would have made a lot of sense to evacuate to the WATER, i.e. 75% of the planet. Of course, they would have had to NOT tick off Namor, as they regularly do.

For that matter, they should be begging Namor for help ... at least the islands and coasts. He could sweep those clean.
    All of this makes sense. Not trying to be negative but lets be honest with ourselves we should be thankful that Atlantis and Namor did not show up in this event. If they had Atlantis would have some how magically reformed itself to be high status only for it to be destroyed again. While Namor would get worked over by someone below his weight class.

That is literally the only purpose Namor has severed for current Marvel in events. I'm just glad we have Invaders. He is being handled fairly well there. (so far)
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    That's interesting. I actively avoid reading the CBR articles due several cases misinformation I have found in them, so I have not seen that. A Mephisto connection could be interesting....I just hope they don't pull Namor into to many directions could mess up a so far solid story that Invaders has going. But at the same time I'm always down for a decent Mephisto story.
    I gave up when the site was sold and the new owners flooded the pages with ads that kept freezing up my computer. The content got ... thinner also.

Yes, the qualifying and all important description of a "DECENT Mephisto story." I'm not holding my breathe there. And likewise, I definitely don't want the Invaders storyline messed up. Plus, Mephisto ... I'm not sure he'd be such a good match for Namor. Namor's a pagan and a king. His soul is already spoken for.

I would prefer a Celestial story just because I find them overall more interesting.
    I'm not that keen on the Celestials, but it appears to be something that Aaron is doing.

All of this makes sense. Not trying to be negative but lets be honest with ourselves we should be thankful that Atlantis and Namor did not show up in this event. If they had Atlantis would have some how magically reformed itself to be high status only for it to be destroyed again. While Namor would get worked over by someone below his weight class.

That is literally the only purpose Namor has severed for current Marvel in events. I'm just glad we have Invaders. He is being handled fairly well there. (so far)
    I am torn about it. OTOH, as you say, Aaron probably would trash Namor and Atlantis again -- though, as I pointed out, he really should be the cavlary coming to the rescue. OTOH, Dautermann draws a pretty nice Namor. And that was really what I was basing my opinion that Namor would have a major role in this event. Dautermann's 'things to come' page and Aaron dropping a few hints and expressing interest in the character. Oh well. Like you said, it's probably better he's not part of it. But it is annoying as heck to have an event trumpeted yet again as touching every part of the MU, and having the 75% of the planet totally ignored.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I'm definitely in agreement that it's best that Namor isn't in this event, cause it would most likely mean that Atlantis would get wrecked again. However Namor constantly being excluded does impact him so much, I recently met a new fan, who was interested in Namor after seeing only a few panels of him in Avengers and hadn't heard of him before. People who read only Avengers comics cause they liked the movies are going to find him there. So a big event like WotR would have brought in Namor fans, and we all know his fanbase is very sparse these days. However I have hope that we might get Namor in there for at least a big fight scene, it won't be much, but better than forgetting he exists like usual.

FYI Avengers Endgame Spoiler here (not much, but it was told to me and I haven't seen the movie yet so I can't confirm) it doesn't impact the movie and is a throwaway comment:
    spoilers:
    Okoye makes a response to a comment about underwater earthquakes happening, saying that "it isn't the concern of Wakanda"
    end of spoilers

I have seen people now speculating if this comment will bring Namor into the mcu, I am doubtful, however I saw articles online today that say there is rumor that Comcast is in talks to sell to Disney some stuff. I do believe that Comcast owns Universal which is why there have been complications with Hulk and Namor rights.
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 04-25-2019 at 05:46 PM.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Made some more Namor icons with his Black Armor, in case anyone is interested in using some:

blackarmor1.jpg

green2.jpg

teal3.jpg

Those are lovely! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I'm definitely in agreement that it's best that Namor isn't in this event, cause it would most likely mean that Atlantis would get wrecked again. However Namor constantly being excluded does impact him so much, I recently met a new fan, who was interested in Namor after seeing only a few panels of him in Avengers and hadn't heard of him before. People who read only Avengers comics cause they liked the movies are going to find him there. So a big event like WotR would have brought in Namor fans, and we all know his fanbase is very sparse these days. However I have hope that we might get Namor in there for at least a big fight scene, it won't be much, but better than forgetting he exists like usual.
    I would be a little (okay a very, very little) less annoyed if Marvel at least quit saying stuff like how it effects the entire world -- and then ignores the oceans.

We might still get Namor and the Defenders of the Deep in a big fight scene as wallpaper. I think Aaron mentioned them in some interview.

On the plus side, at least you could direct new fans to the Invaders.

FYI Avengers Endgame Spoiler here (not much, but it was told to me and I haven't seen the movie yet so I can't confirm) it doesn't impact the movie and is a throwaway comment:
    spoilers:
    Okoye makes a response to a comment about underwater earthquakes happening, saying that "it isn't the concern of Wakanda"
    end of spoilers

I have seen people now speculating if this comment will bring Namor into the mcu, I am doubtful, however I saw articles online today that say there is rumor that Comcast is in talks to sell to Disney some stuff. I do believe that Comcast owns Universal which is why there have been complications with Hulk and Namor rights.
    I think Kevin Feige is just trolling us now. I bet it's going to have something to do with the Eternals. Yes, it's going to be annoying as heck to see Lemuria hit the MCU before Namor.

I haven't seen the movie yet either, but hope to see it next week.

I think the Comcast Disney rumor is much interesting. It would be beyond wonderful if Marvel got back the distribution rights to Namor and the Hulk. We might FINALLY see some movement to put Namor on the small or big screen if that were to happen.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

I think the Comcast Disney rumor is much interesting. It would be beyond wonderful if Marvel got back the distribution rights to Namor and the Hulk. We might FINALLY see some movement to put Namor on the small or big screen if that were to happen.
    I saw the movie yesterday and I'm going to watch it on Saturday again, its as awesome as I was expecting! I hope the Comcast rumors are true and we get Namor and Hulk fully on the MCU!

Those are lovely! Thank you!

I would be a little (okay a very, very little) less annoyed if Marvel at least quit saying stuff like how it effects the entire world -- and then ignores the oceans.

We might still get Namor and the Defenders of the Deep in a big fight scene as wallpaper. I think Aaron mentioned them in some interview.

On the plus side, at least you could direct new fans to the Invaders.

I think Kevin Feige is just trolling us now. I bet it's going to have something to do with the Eternals. Yes, it's going to be annoying as heck to see Lemuria hit the MCU before Namor.

Thank you! Yes, they found my namor blog on tumblr and so I told them if they needed anything else to let me know, and I've been covering the Invaders, the more fans the merrier I say! Namor needs all the love we can find since he doesn't get it from Marvel :/

lol, I definitely talk about the current Invaders to everyone I can, I can't wait for the next issue.

I just had another internet mutual confirm that this spoiler was spoken of just today after they saw the movie yesterday. I will be seeing the movie next week so I hope to confirm as well. However I won't beleive anything until I see those shiny green speedos on screen. haha. I'm not sure about the comcast/disney rumors but they could just be trying to get everything back and it might make sense bc as I recall, disney isn't allowed to put superheros on the east coast bc of universal. They have superheroes in their parks on the west coast though. So Disney might be wanting to finally have more superhero attractions in the Florida park and maybe finally Namor won't be guarding the restrooms at Universal anymore, lol.
    seriously Namor deserves his own movie, tv show, cartoons, comics, everything! ( I really really hope Marvel doesn't bring attuma in Namor's place in the movies )

Free him universal!!!! (I seriously don't understand why they never attempted to make a namor movie other than that failed script)

As cool as it would be to see Namor on film if it comes at the cost of Disney grabbing hold of another major Media company I will gladly pass. They are already too big now.

Alot of people don't see it but there influence on America and then the world will be felt down the line more so than it already is being felt now.

Hopefully, Comcast will just sell off the rights to the characters instead....
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 04-26-2019 at 01:03 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Mighty Member

I'm not sure about the comcast/disney rumors but they could just be trying to get everything back and it might make sense bc as I recall, disney isn't allowed to put superheros on the east coast bc of universal. They have superheroes in their parks on the west coast though. So Disney might be wanting to finally have more superhero attractions in the Florida park and maybe finally Namor won't be guarding the restrooms at Universal anymore, lol.
    The Universal Parks deal has to be a much bigger problem than the little rights for a Hulk or Namor movie, they have a lot of undeveloped land in Florida they could use for expansion of the parks into a World of Marvel, imagine a huge park with Asgard, Atlantis, the Baxter Building, Avengers Mansion the Xavier Institute and whatever else you can imagine from the Marvel mythology but that old contract is holding them back.

As cool as it would be to see Namor on film if it comes at the cost of Disney grabbing hold of another major Media company I will gladly pass. They are already too big now.

Alot of people don't see it but there influence on America and then the world will be felt down the line more so than it already is being felt now.

From the few articles I read so far, it seems to be something to do with Hulu and comcast selling their stocks in it? I'm not sure if that is all there is or if there is something more. Since these talks (or rumors of talks) just started. I also know Disney owns a lot, and are already a monopoly on a lot of things. Like if you pick any month/movie theater at any given time, chances are there is a Disney (or Disney owned) movie playing there, not to mention the channels they own etc. But yes I do understand what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    The Universal Parks deal has to be a much bigger problem than the little rights for a Hulk or Namor movie, they have a lot of undeveloped land in Florida they could use for expansion of the parks into a World of Marvel, imagine a huge park with Asgard, Atlantis, the Baxter Building, Avengers Mansion the Xavier Institute and whatever else you can imagine from the Marvel mythology but that old contract is holding them back.
    Glad to hear you liked the movie! Will be seeing it myself soon enough.

I honestly think Disney will be doing that at some point, the Marvel line for them was the answer to what they could constantly sell to boys (with their princess line for girls) their boy market wasn't as strong, but I don't think anyone counted on how popular it would become, not just for boys but for girls too. Everyone loves superheroes.

I'm sure it drives Disney people insane that they can't expand their parks. With the way things have been going and with the 80 years of comic content to draw from, au verses, flash back movies, rebooted movies, cartoons, merchandise etc. Marvel's mcu isn't going to go away any time soon no matter what critics say. Is there superhero fatigue? Probably, but most times these movies are aimed for families and kids will always grow up and want to see superheroes with their parents who also enjoy it, then when they are grown do the same with their own kids. I expect Disney will totally know this and use it to make as money as they can, they have almost all the marvel properties under them now. I don't know what will happen with Sony and Spider man in the future but then spider man has always had his own movies and cartoons regardless of the mcu.

If they could just give some of that spotlight to Namor that would be cool, but as I always say, I would much rather prefer a ongoing solo or an animated cartoon, however those only go to the characters who have movies so it's like just a wait and see if anything ever happens.

Sorry to have been absent ... I've been sick the last few days. Hopefully will catch up tonite.

From the few articles I read so far, it seems to be something to do with Hulu and comcast selling their stocks in it? I'm not sure if that is all there is or if there is something more. Since these talks (or rumors of talks) just started. I also know Disney owns a lot, and are already a monopoly on a lot of things. Like if you pick any month/movie theater at any given time, chances are there is a Disney (or Disney owned) movie playing there, not to mention the channels they own etc. But yes I do understand what you mean.
    This was my understanding as well. That's it is really about Comcast's shares in Hulu, rather than another whole company acquisition. It would be WONDERFUL if Disney also tried to get the rights back to Hulk and Namor, but I'm not holding my breath. Though ... with the success of Aquaman, they should be paying more attention to doing so. Plus, IF indeed Robert Downey Jr. contract is up (no I've not seen the movie yet so NO SPOILERS please), then the MCU needs another smart aleck, and Namor can fill that role admirably. ;p

Sorry to have been absent ... I've been sick the last few days. Hopefully will catch up tonite.

This was my understanding as well. That's it is really about Comcast's shares in Hulu, rather than another whole company acquisition. It would be WONDERFUL if Disney also tried to get the rights back to Hulk and Namor, but I'm not holding my breath. Though ... with the success of Aquaman, they should be paying more attention to doing so. Plus, IF indeed Robert Downey Jr. contract is up (no I've not seen the movie yet so NO SPOILERS please), then the MCU needs another smart aleck, and Namor can fill that role admirably. ;p
    I hope you are feeling better!!! I saw the movie today but I don't like to post spoilers, other than that small reference I spoke of before there was nothing else that could be Namor related. Also in comic news, I heard that Invaders has outsold Iron Man and stand just above them this past month! Very good news if Invaders is doing well then that increases the chances of more comics!

I hope you are feeling better!!! I saw the movie today but I don't like to post spoilers, other than that small reference I spoke of before there was nothing else that could be Namor related. Also in comic news, I heard that Invaders has outsold Iron Man and stand just above them this past month! Very good news if Invaders is doing well then that increases the chances of more comics!
    Thanks! I'm better, but still dragging and playing catch up.

Someone actually posted that short maybe reference to Namor, so I've seen that, but still haven't gotten to the movie. Hopefully this week.

I was very excited about the Invaders sales number this month, and had posted about it elsewhere. Then sadly, Bleeding Cool burst my bubble.

I'd forgotten that Marvel overshipped Invaders #3 by 50% and then counted all those free issues as 'ordered' issues.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...vel-overships/

As close as I can figure, the actual number of issues ordered is something like 22,422. So, while Invaders does buck the downward trend of issues over time, it does it in much less spectacular fashion. Still great news for the book, and hopefully the free issues will help pick up some new readers.

#48 Invaders 01.....36,462 +1000 2nd printing

#86 Invaders 02.....19,772 + 2nd printing

#49 Invaders 03.....33,465 (22,422 actual ordered)

Thanks! I'm better, but still dragging and playing catch up.

Someone actually posted that short maybe reference to Namor, so I've seen that, but still haven't gotten to the movie. Hopefully this week.

I was very excited about the Invaders sales number this month, and had posted about it elsewhere. Then sadly, Bleeding Cool burst my bubble.

I'd forgotten that Marvel overshipped Invaders #3 by 50% and then counted all those free issues as 'ordered' issues.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...vel-overships/

As close as I can figure, the actual number of issues ordered is something like 22,422. So, while Invaders does buck the downward trend of issues over time, it does it in much less spectacular fashion. Still great news for the book, and hopefully the free issues will help pick up some new readers.

#48 Invaders 01.....36,462 +1000 2nd printing

#86 Invaders 02.....19,772 + 2nd printing

#49 Invaders 03.....33,465 (22,422 actual ordered)
    It's still a 12% uptick which is pretty good.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Without giving away spoilers to Endgame, I would say that the scene is set to re -envision or re- imagine the MCU. Maybe they can include Namor this time? (per rights negotiations).

I've been behind on the comics but like the sense of mysterious backstory to Namor. It prob works better with him, since so many years where we know he was 'around' but unaccounted for.

I wonder if any of the Prof X stuff also interplays with Namor's previous past with Emma, the White Queen. I don't remember reading that ret-con - does it happen during the unknown years too? My guess is it is after the initial return in FF, waaay back, but before much of the '80s era of stories?