Page 69 of 182 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2721
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    It's still a 12% uptick which is pretty good.
    It's actually quite fabulous, since most books just keep losing numbers until they hit cancellation or stabilize and level off. Upticks that reverse direction into a gain are rare, and are usually due to some event tie-in or anniversary numbering, so this is pretty amazing, cause I don't think it had either. If Invaders can level off at 22K, and this early, that is well above the cancellation line, and it could have a LONG run. It's selling above plenty of other books, at least the print edition.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Without giving away spoilers to Endgame, I would say that the scene is set to re -envision or re- imagine the MCU. Maybe they can include Namor this time? (per rights negotiations).

I've been behind on the comics but like the sense of mysterious backstory to Namor. It prob works better with him, since so many years where we know he was 'around' but unaccounted for.

I wonder if any of the Prof X stuff also interplays with Namor's previous past with Emma, the White Queen. I don't remember reading that ret-con - does it happen during the unknown years too? My guess is it is after the initial return in FF, waaay back, but before much of the '80s era of stories?
    I don't think the Prof X stuff has anything to do with Emma. The Emma retcon happens sometime after Namor gets the black scale suit from Reed, and before Emma encounters the X-Men, so it is well beyond the unknown years.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but just on the ending of actor's contracts, I forsee a reset or re-envisioning of the MCU. I think, especially after the success of Aquaman, Namor would be a candidate for the new MCU -- except that his rights situation is not free and clear. They need to fix that, cause they are definitely missing an opportunity by not having Namor in the MCU. He's strong, like the Hulk, he's snarky, like Iron Man, he's mythic and Shakespearean, like Thor, he's royal, like Black Panther, he's a WWII vet, like Cap, and he's the Other, like the X-Men. Namor has it all, and more, with his own unique environment.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Everyone is going Namor Crazy. There's been a lot of tweets over the last few days, mainly because of the MCU but also CBR once again has another Namor article this time explaining how Namora became Namor's cousin, Link

I swear it's like they've been doing a who's who of Namor lately, between these articles and the Marvel video of Lady Dorma and how Russo is now explaining (mild endgame interview spoiler, makes sense if you have seen the movie)

spoilers:
    how there can now be multiple timelines/multiverses in the mcu due to what happened in the movie
    end of spoilers Here is a link to reddit where he talks about it. beware of endgame spoilers.

Now all of my other Invaders mutuals are speculating this could lead to a Namor intro in an Invaders movie. I am cautiously hopeful that if marvel does this, then its far better than Namor being in a Black Panther movie. Hell, maybe this could lead to giving him a freaking solo comic. Also I was told by a comic mutual to keep my eyes out for a Namor reappearance in the Avengers comic very soon, could be speculation on how that storyline is going? I dislike how Aaron writes Namor but it looks like I have to pick it up again to see what is going on.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Everyone is going Namor Crazy. There's been a lot of tweets over the last few days, mainly because of the MCU
    Seriously. It's taking me forever to go thru the numerous tweets about the Avengers Endgame Namor Easter Egg. But if I see one more "It's going to be great to have Namor in BP 2!" my head will explode. Thanx, NO thanx.

but also CBR once again has another Namor article this time explaining how Namora became Namor's cousin, Link

I swear it's like they've been doing a who's who of Namor lately, between these articles and the Marvel video of Lady Dorma and how Russo is now explaining (mild endgame interview spoiler, makes sense if you have seen the movie)

spoilers:
    how there can now be multiple timelines/multiverses in the mcu due to what happened in the movie
    end of spoilers Here is a link to reddit where he talks about it. beware of endgame spoilers.
    I like that article, though he doesn't mention the Parker retcon ... but that's fine with me. Better forgotten, IMO. But Brian Cronin is definitely doing an Anniversary Month for Namor this month at CBR! He also put up this 2nd Namor article today.

Disappearance of the Supporting Cast in John Byrne's Namor

Now all of my other Invaders mutuals are speculating this could lead to a Namor intro in an Invaders movie. I am cautiously hopeful that if marvel does this, then its far better than Namor being in a Black Panther movie. Hell, maybe this could lead to giving him a freaking solo comic.
    Hmmm. Well it would explain why Marvel is publishing the Invaders .... again. And YES. I'd much rather see Namor debut in that movie. I've been dying to have Namor and Atwell's Peggy Carter interact for years! And could we get Betty Dean???

Also I was told by a comic mutual to keep my eyes out for a Namor reappearance in the Avengers comic very soon, could be speculation on how that storyline is going? I dislike how Aaron writes Namor but it looks like I have to pick it up again to see what is going on.
    ugh. At this point, it's probably a background cameo that has Namor and the Defenders of the Deep getting trashed, for reasons. I mean, there is NO interactions between the invasion and the oceans, according to that map -- again, for reasons. He's not on any covers. He's not been mentioned AT ALL in any solicits. The only two things that would indicate Namor has an appearance in this event, is the Daughterman Things to Come -- over a year ago. And Aaron's interview, which barely mentions Namor, about Avengers 19.

But hey, we've got multiple appearances and roles and books with the Punisher in this event, and Aaron can also send Ka-Zar in his loincloth to rescue Namor and the Defenders of the Deep if they are having problems at the bottom of the ocean, so it's all okay. \sarcasm
    Last edited by Reviresco; 05-01-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Seriously. It's taking me forever to go thru the numerous tweets about the Avengers Endgame Namor Easter Egg. But if I see one more "It's going to be great to have Namor in BP 2!" my head will explode. Thanx, NO thanx.
    SAME. I'm so tried of it already and it hasn't even happened!!!

Hmmm. Well it would explain why Marvel is publishing the Invaders .... again. And YES. I'd much rather see Namor debut in that movie. I've been dying to have Namor and Atwell's Peggy Carter interact for years! And could we get Betty Dean???
    I would die if we got a Betty Dean! I love her and Namor so much, and I will keep my hopes up for an Invaders Movie!

ugh. At this point, it's probably a background cameo that has Namor and the Defenders of the Deep getting trashed, for reasons. I mean, there is NO interactions between the invasion and the oceans, according to that map -- again, for reasons. He's not on any covers. He's not been mentioned AT ALL in any solicits. The only two things that would indicate Namor has an appearance in this event, is the Daughterman Things to Come -- over a year ago. And Aaron's interview, which barely mentions Namor, about Avengers 19.

But hey, we've got multiple appearances and roles and books with the Punisher in this event, and Aaron can also send Ka-Zar in his loincloth to rescue Namor and the Defenders of the Deep if they are having problems at the bottom of the ocean, so it's all okay. \sarcasm
    How are you so right? lol, seriously here is Namor's cameo in today's WotR #3 issue, it's non spoilery, just one panel of him being mentioned/shown:

I too don't favor Namor showing up in the MCU through Black Panther 2, or similar. I think they would be wise to avoid that all together. Not every Marvel movie has to reference every story, especially more current threads.

The Eternals movie with its hint of overviewing past, present and future of the MCU would be a start to reorder it.

Eternals should be the movie that introduces Namor as well as the concept of Atlantis. With its possible or at least corollary ties to Deviants, Inhumans and other strange parts of the Marvel world, this is the way to go.

Than as the Phase moves towards more nominal adventures, they would recap and retro the Cap story with the Invaders. The original Human Torch and Namor can both come in this movie idea centered around The Invaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I too don't favor Namor showing up in the MCU through Black Panther 2, or similar. I think they would be wise to avoid that all together. Not every Marvel movie has to reference every story, especially more current threads.

The Eternals movie with its hint of overviewing past, present and future of the MCU would be a start to reorder it.

Eternals should be the movie that introduces Namor as well as the concept of Atlantis. With its possible or at least corollary ties to Deviants, Inhumans and other strange parts of the Marvel world, this is the way to go.

Than as the Phase moves towards more nominal adventures, they would recap and retro the Cap story with the Invaders. The original Human Torch and Namor can both come in this movie idea centered around The Invaders.
    Honestly I don't know any details about the Eternals storylines but I do like your idea of Namor showing of and being referenced before an Invaders movie though. Hope someone at Marvel has the same idea of doing it this way.

There are certainly some great story lines that involved the Eternals and/or Celestials. From the point of what they've already done in the MCU, Thanos is an Eternal (unless they change that). But a couple of Eternals have been Avengers.

I did actually hear/read somewhere that the idea of an Eternal film would open up more cosmic storylines (which seem to have done well) but also some expository stuff that would set up future movies; so this is where Invaders/Namor / retcon could come in.

Going a bit off in tangent-land, the premise of earlier Eternals stories indicated that over thousands of years, mankind often mistook or somehow aligned their beliefs in certain mythological Gods and Goddesses with the Eternals: THENA is Athena, ZURAs is Zeus and so on. So maybe in the MCU they may show past heroes of the world were secretly Eternals?

Thanks for the post! It's always nice to see some classic Bill Everett art.

SAME. I'm so tried of it already and it hasn't even happened!!!
    I'd say it's nice to see people interested in Namor, but I'm not so sure they are. ;p

I would die if we got a Betty Dean! I love her and Namor so much, and I will keep my hopes up for an Invaders Movie!
    If Betty (and Namor) aren't in an Invaders movie, it ain't an Invaders movie!

How are you so right?
    Ha! Well, this isn't my first event. ;p It's pretty much the way Marvel treats Namor and his 75% of the world.

lol, seriously here is Namor's cameo in today's WotR #3 issue, it's non spoilery, just one panel of him being mentioned/shown:

Oh, my. LIMBER.
    That right there is the only reason to want Namor in this mess. Daughterman's art is gorgeous. I'd have bought into this event, if Namor had pages and pages by Daughterman's. I could just ignore the word balloons. LOL!

Also, this clearly means, Namor and the Atlanteans tossed out those pesky invaders, and they didn't get to claim any of his kingdom! Imperius Rex!
    Last edited by Reviresco; 05-01-2019 at 07:04 PM.

So at 38 minutes into this interview we get to the subject of Namor and how Chip kept trying to pitch a Namor book but kept getting told it was hard to sell his character. This honestly makes me a bit upset because we could have had a Namor solo by Chip who really seems to love the character but he kept getting turned down until he got to the Invaders. I posted this in the Invaders thread but I'm posting it here too.

So at 38 minutes into this interview we get to the subject of Namor and how Chip kept trying to pitch a Namor book but kept getting told it was hard to sell his character. This honestly makes me a bit upset because we could have had a Namor solo by Chip who really seems to love the character but he kept getting turned down until he got to the Invaders. I posted this in the Invaders thread but I'm posting it here too.
    Thanks for the link! Listening now!

Yes, that IS so annoying. And it's the same old editorial line, about Namor not being able to hold an ongoing ... but Prowler, Fool Killer, Solo, and Slapstick can??? Right.

Thanks for the link! Listening now!

Yes, that IS so annoying. And it's the same old editorial line, about Namor not being able to hold an ongoing ... but Prowler, Fool Killer, Solo, and Slapstick can??? Right.
    It really is, so many people think Namor won't sell but he can! If they just stop killing off everyone who supports him, throwing him into other people's books, destroying his world etc. Also the interviewer talked about Namor/Sue which as you know I am not fond of, they need to move past this, because it's not happening. They keep Namor off to the side just in case they need a quick drama between Reed and Sue. :/ I just want this to be left in the past, its a tired old story that goes nowhere.

I wish the interviewer would let Zdarsky talk.

Ha! So glad to hear that Zdarsky also was skeptical of the decades long amnesia nonsense. I can't believe Tom Brevroot wanted him to stick to it.