Page 70 of 182 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2721
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    It really is, so many people think Namor won't sell but he can! If they just stop killing off everyone who supports him, throwing him into other people's books, destroying his world etc. Also the interviewer talked about Namor/Sue which as you know I am not fond of, they need to move past this, because it's not happening. They keep Namor off to the side just in case they need a quick drama between Reed and Sue. :/ I just want this to be left in the past, its a tired old story that goes nowhere.
    It was the same editorial line they kept tossing out about Dr Strange, before his movie push. Obviously they were wrong about that too. But if it was an editorial favorite, they just kept trying and trying and trying and giving their fav repeated chances at ongoings. Very frustrating.

Yes! I cringed at that. I'm hoping Zdarsky doesn't go there. I doubt he will, because Sue really has nothing to do with the Invaders and Namor's WWII past. I'd much rather we get some scenes with Spitfire, in either the past or present. Or Betty Dean!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    It was the same editorial line they kept tossing out about Dr Strange, before his movie push. Obviously they were wrong about that too. But if it was an editorial favorite, they just kept trying and trying and trying and giving their fav repeated chances at ongoings. Very frustrating.

Yes! I cringed at that. I'm hoping Zdarsky doesn't go there. I doubt he will, because Sue really has nothing to do with the Invaders and Namor's WWII past. I'd much rather we get some scenes with Spitfire, in either the past or present. Or Betty Dean!
    Oh same! Betty was a police officer though and the interviewer referred to her as a reporter and called her a lois lane type, don't get me wrong I don't hate Lois but why is every female character assumed to be a reporter, its annoying. I do hope we get something, but at the same time I'm glad that at least for now it seems like Roman is definetly not Namor's kid, which some people had speculated him to be, and Chip isn't going to give Namor any kids. Which is a relief bc I don't want another Kamar on our hands where he is killed off, still not sold on bryne's 'namor cant have kids thing' though, bc that has been disproven by agents of atlas and kamar and not to mention all of namor's au kids.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Newsest Invaders Previews are up! Marvel Preview: Invaders #5

World War Namor!

WORLD WAR NAMOR!

Written by Chip Zdarsky
    Art by Butch Guice, Carlos Magno
    Cover by Butch Guice

I can't stand all the toe-curling awesomeness!!!

Wednesday is too far away!!

Need more exclamation points!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Oh same! Betty was a police officer though and the interviewer referred to her as a reporter and called her a lois lane type, don't get me wrong I don't hate Lois but why is every female character assumed to be a reporter, its annoying. I do hope we get something, but at the same time I'm glad that at least for now it seems like Roman is definetly not Namor's kid, which some people had speculated him to be, and Chip isn't going to give Namor any kids. Which is a relief bc I don't want another Kamar on our hands where he is killed off, still not sold on bryne's 'namor cant have kids thing' though, bc that has been disproven by agents of atlas and kamar and not to mention all of namor's au kids.
    Yes, that was a bit annoying, too. Betty Dean being a police officer is exceptional at that time, just like Agent Carter. Betty should get more credit, and appearances. The interviewer also didn't seem to know that Betty died saving Namor in Super Villain Team Up, and that she was basically a foster mother to Nita.

Heh. Yes, the interview did ... degenerate a bit there. ;p But the less said about John Byrne's nonsense theory and Kamar, the better. Here's a radical idea. Namor doesn't have hidden, illegitimate children popping out of the wood work for the last 70 years, because he's a RESPONSIBLE MALE, who takes RESPONSIBILITY for HIS own reproduction control, instead of leaving the RESPONSIBILITY solely on his female lovers. And it is 100% in character.

Yes, that was a bit annoying, too. Betty Dean being a police officer is exceptional at that time, just like Agent Carter. Betty should get more credit, and appearances. The interviewer also didn't seem to know that Betty died saving Namor in Super Villain Team Up, and that she was basically a foster mother to Nita.

Heh. Yes, the interview did ... degenerate a bit there. ;p But the less said about John Byrne's nonsense theory and Kamar, the better. Here's a radical idea. Namor doesn't have hidden, illegitimate children popping out of the wood work for the last 70 years, because he's a RESPONSIBLE MALE, who takes RESPONSIBILITY for HIS own reproduction control, instead of leaving the RESPONSIBILITY solely on his female lovers. And it is 100% in character.
    I agree! Namor would know the hardships of being a royal member of the royal family, he would know he has enemies just waiting to hurt him, so he wouldn't be so careless. Betty doesn't get enough credit, I swear.

Mighty Member

Wow, thanks for posting this preview! Cannot wait until Wednesday!

So the newest rumor for the MCU is that Dwayne Johnson is in talks with Feige -- and that it may be about Namor.

=_=

I don't know. I can see The Rock as Black Adam, but Namor? I don't think so. Plus, it won't help to be following Polynesian Aquaman with Polynesian Namor.

Ugh. I hope this doesn't mean what I think it means. I really wish the SS would fall into a giant black hole and never return.

From the Free Comic Book Day give away.

I can see the Rock as Attuma but he would be the worst Namor Hollywood could offer in my opinion.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

So the newest rumor for the MCU is that Dwayne Johnson is in talks with Feige -- and that it may be about Namor.

=_=

I don't know. I can see The Rock as Black Adam, but Namor? I don't think so. Plus, it won't help to be following Polynesian Aquaman with Polynesian Namor.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I can see the Rock as Attuma but he would be the worst Namor Hollywood could offer in my opinion.
    Agreed and agreed, not to knock on The Rock, but I just feel Namor needs a actor who can do subtle really well too, because he isn't all action all the time, there are quiet moments that need to be captured and I mainly know Johnson from action movies. Just my opinion but casting him as Namor wouldn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Wow, thanks for posting this preview! Cannot wait until Wednesday!
    You're welcome! I can't wait too.

Ugh. I hope this doesn't mean what I think it means. I really wish the SS would fall into a giant black hole and never return.

Is this the only time Namor appears in this issue? Why do the writers always have to come back to this, seriously S.S. vs Atlantis is old, haven't they done enough, how many times do they need to destroy it?

Mighty Member

=_=

I would be loving this news since I think the Rock would make an even better Namor than Momoa right now but what puts a stop to my optimism is The Rock's age and his longevity looking like a Namor. You want an actor that can hold the part for at least 10 years down the road, hopefully more and the Rock is a case like Downy Jr. that will be already looking like a grandpa after 10 years even if he maintains a fabulous physical condition, he will look more like King Neptune than Namor. Downey is 54 right now and Johnson even though he looks younger than Downey is 47, in ten years he will be close to 60!

Mighty Member

Went to my LCBS just to get this one but every store is already out of it everywhere, should have been there earlier. I'm guessing its only this one panel and they don't even show how the fight went which is sad. Always wanted a rematch where Namor cleans up the clock of Hyperion but I guess that won't happen.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 05-04-2019 at 04:03 PM.

People have kicked around the idea of the Rock being Namor for a long time. This is one of the reasons I've been weary of a Sub-Mariner film being made at all, as I just don't see Hollywood casting him right. I love the Rock, but he's an awful choice for Namor.

In my head canon, Namor on screen should have the voice and presence of the Namor '60s cartoon. Regal, noble and cultured sounding. Maybe Rock could do that, but I doubt it and also he's now too old, in my opinion. Namor needs to be rather timeless looking.