Page 9 of 182 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Hmmmmm. Yes, a variant cover, but a GAME variant cover. Could this mean ....
    SWEET NEPTUNE. IF THEY BRING NAMOR IN THE GAME I WILL PLAY IT I SWEAR!!!

Short of Paul Destine, I don't think anyone has done more awful things to Namor than Llyra. I think she's still around, after her 'death' she was transformed into some sort guardian of Set.

That's one of my favorite pages! I love what Alice tells Loa about Namor.

"But do you know what I remember most about him? About Namor?
    He was always so shiny.
    Like he just stepped out of water, even when he hadn't.
    Glistening with sweat and muscle and a fire that seemed to burn from deep inside.
    Like a jewel. Or the lights of a city before you actually live in it.
    He's not a bad man. But he does hurt people, sometimes."

Yes, Namor the First Mutant was definitely underrated.
    Yes, Namor's worst enemy is definitely Llyra. First Mutant was really good at bringing in a modern Namor with the elements of the old regal Namor. I could just go on about it. I think I need to have another read soon. lol. That quote is way up there with top qoutes people have said about Namor, another one is the 'he is a shark in human skin' from fantastic four.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I like your ideas - I'm especially partial to Andromeda, for decades (despite her only occasional use)

I'm not really a fan of Dorma coming back. I loved her before, but for the King, I think she is more important as the dead love of his life.

I would prefer that maybe Namor would/could settle down with someone like Andromeda; she is more his equal in terms of warrior stuff, and has a claim of sorts to the Court or nobility of Atlantis
    Andormeda could be a potential love interest for Namor, she is very much a strong woman type that Namor seems drawn to. If we could have someone write it well it could work or just have them as they are, a King and his trusted warrior friend since I honestly don't mind if they don't pursue that but it could be interesting if they do. If Dorma comes back I would be happy but also I would be wary since it would probably be a ticking clock until her time runs out and she is killed for more Namor angst.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    SWEET NEPTUNE. IF THEY BRING NAMOR IN THE GAME I WILL PLAY IT I SWEAR!!!
    LOL! Yes, yes. I will do the same.

Yes, Namor's worst enemy is definitely Llyra. First Mutant was really good at bringing in a modern Namor with the elements of the old regal Namor. I could just go on about it. I think I need to have another read soon. lol. That quote is way up there with top qoutes people have said about Namor, another one is the 'he is a shark in human skin' from fantastic four.
    I just read that issue again.

Andormeda could be a potential love interest for Namor, she is very much a strong woman type that Namor seems drawn to. If we could have someone write it well it could work or just have them as they are, a King and his trusted warrior friend since I honestly don't mind if they don't pursue that but it could be interesting if they do. If Dorma comes back I would be happy but also I would be wary since it would probably be a ticking clock until her time runs out and she is killed for more Namor angst.
    Oh no. While I'm wishing, I mean demanding a long term solo Namor book, I'm also declaring a moratorium on anyone getting fridged for Namor angst. Nope. No. None of that!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Daniel Dae Kim was one of my picks for Namor, and I have a few.

Attachment 76408

Other people who I believe also showed interest was Brian Tee and Donnie Yen. I think Brian Tee could make a good Namor too, and my other pick would be Rick Yune.

Attachment 76409
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I support Rick Yune

That hair cut on Daniel Dae Kim is the same as Schiti gave him!

I wasn't sure about that hair cut, but I sure like it better than I do the lanky grunge look Schiti gave Namor on his cover. O_O

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Haven't read it yet, but it sounds like there will be more crap heaped on Atlantis in Avengers #12. Apparently, we get the joy of Ka-Zar infiltrating Atlantis with nothing but a loin cloth and a knife.

I can't type my real response to that.

Listen at this point Atlantis is nothing but a tourist side road attraction, people swim in to take a look at whatever is going on, snap a few pictures, grab a souvenir, go home, and are never caught for invading anyone.

KA-ZAR?! KA-ZAR?!

WTF?

(I just copy/paste my thoughts about reading the latest avengers from my blog because that is all I have. this is ridiculous. please keep Namor out of Avengers Aaron. I'm begging)

Well, I read it. What a load of crap. It's bad enough that Marvel continues to tear down Namor and Atlantis to support Black Panther, but now, KA-ZAR? Yes, KA-ZAR, Marvel's Tarzan rip off, is better than any Atlantean underwater in their own home town, but he's also better than NAMOR UNDER WATER. Seriously???

No, there is no scene of Ka-Zar fighting Namor, but he out right states that KA-ZAR in his freaking loin cloth and knife and NO BREATHING GEAR, swam down to the bottom of the sea, evaded Namor and the Atlanteans, scouted around Atlantis and the their military, killed one of the Piranha monsters -- and brought it back for lunch, and returned to report to Black Panther everything.

I'll see if I can find scans, but it is just STUPID. Okay, I get writers can be entirely ignorant of what goes on underwater. But freaking go see Aquaman. Or heck, turn out the lights and stick your head in a full bathtub and see how long you can stay under. THEN write something that takes into account that people can NOT breath underwater.

Here's my post from the Avengers review thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Jason Aaron you've really done it this time.

Ka-Zar probably got the coolest scene in this issue.How he managed to infiltrate Atlantis with nothing but a knife and loincloth is beyond me, but off panel or not that is a top tier feat.
    How is that feat at all? Writers at Marvel have every air breather and their uncle 'inflitrating' Atlantis, like it's a stroll in the park and they portray the Atlanteans as idiots that aren't going to notice someone having difficultly with moving through tons of water or the crushing depths that alter the oxygen you breathe or stumbling around in the dark, light less sea floor or shivering into hypothermia at near freezing temperatures. It's really no problem in the MU. Babies can do it.

So, yep, sounds like Jason Aaron really has done it -- again.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-09-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Oh, there was an address to send e-mail about the issue.

Avengers Assemble! MHeroes@Marvel.com Mark it OK to print, if you want it printed.

Also, T'challa hires Gorilla Man for the Agents of Wakanda as Security for Avengers Base. I guess Gorilla Man and Namora are on the outs.

Oh, there was an address to send e-mail about the issue.

Avengers Assemble! MHeroes@Marvel.com Mark it OK to print, if you want it printed.

Also, T'challa hires Gorilla Man for the Agents of Wakanda as Security for Avengers Base. I guess Gorilla Man and Namora are on the outs.
    I had read that and I'm just like what the hell? Also I'm still miffed about Ka-Zar. This is ridiculous.
    Thank you! I will be sure to write to them and hope that they can take in some of the fans pleading for a Namor solo!

I did send a tweet today to Chip Zdarsaky asking if we could get some more teasers for Invaders next week.

link 1

and later he commented this

link 2

and

link 3

He says he does love Namor and I trust him (for now!) so I really hope this comic is going to be good.

I did send a tweet today to Chip Zdarsaky asking if we could get some more teasers for Invaders next week.

link 1

and later he commented this

link 2

and

link 3

He says he does love Namor and I trust him (for now!) so I really hope this comic is going to be good.
    I'm glad you tweeted Zdarsky, and it does sound hopeful. And fortunately, after today's stupidity, the bar is set very low.

But let us not forget, James Robinson also said he "loved Namor" -- and look what he did to the character.

I had read that and I'm just like what the hell? Also I'm still miffed about Ka-Zar. This is ridiculous.
    Thank you! I will be sure to write to them and hope that they can take in some of the fans pleading for a Namor solo!
    The Ka-Zar Crap is beyond ridiculous. It is beyond annoying. It just makes me rant. I mean, it's so bad, I'm even offended by Ka-Zar's loin cloth! Why the HECK does Ka-Zar get to run around in a LOIN CLOTH, and be taken "seriously" enough to take on Atlantis and Namor, but Marvel keeps covering up Namor and making him a jobbing joke???

Okay, I'm going to go sit in the corner and breath.

I'm glad you tweeted Zdarsky, and it does sound hopeful. And fortunately, after today's stupidity, the bar is set very low.

But let us not forget, James Robinson also said he "loved Namor" -- and look what he did to the character.
    He did do well in the Defenders mini but he had to work with whatever Aaron was doing in Avengers, but I hope he has more freedom to write Invaders without having to reference anything Avengers. Magno followed me back when I followed him, so that is cool, and I will try to keep my tweets at them to a minimum because I don't like to bother people, but I WILL be screaming ALOT when this comic comes out. I am so excited. Also I'm trying to write a good letter, and not get too long with my begging for a solo. LOL.

The Ka-Zar Crap is beyond ridiculous. It is beyond annoying. It just makes me rant. I mean, it's so bad, I'm even offended by Ka-Zar's loin cloth! Why the HECK does Ka-Zar get to run around in a LOIN CLOTH, and be taken "seriously" enough to take on Atlantis and Namor, but Marvel keeps covering up Namor and making him a jobbing joke???

Okay, I'm going to go sit in the corner and breath.
    Ugh mood honestly. I was ranting to a friend earlier. lol. It's beyond insane how much Marvel just keeps trashing Namor, I swear everyone and their dog has visited Atlantis by now without any hindrance, JUST the water pressure alone should be causing problems!!! I'm sorry but HOW did Ka-Zar hold his breath so long? Did he get gills or something?!!! (I should sit in a corner too.)

Reason Why I'd Rather Not Have Hickman Write Namor, Exhibit A :
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Yikes... he really likes Reed and while I liked some of hickman Namor's lines overall Hickman is not good for Namor.

By the way Namor and Doctor Doom were just added to Puzzle Quest!!! I'm so happy Namor is in a game for the first time in forever! Even if it is just an app its still better than nothing.

As to Avengers today... I'm no longer surprised by the incredible stupidity, lack of care, and forced story telling at Marvel comics. The lengths the writers go through to ensure certain characters stay down is a perpetual thing that will continue to occur until a changing of the guard happens, almost from top to bottom. Namor and his mythos are free and open game for Marvels writers. The only thing fan's of the Avenging Son can hope for now is that they apply a generous amount of lube, before they come at his loyal supporters from behind.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    As to Avengers today... I'm no longer surprised by the incredible stupidity, lack of care, and forced story telling at Marvel comics. The lengths the writers go through to ensure certain characters stay down is a perpetual thing that will continue to occur until a changing of the guard happens, almost from top to bottom. Namor and his mythos are free and open game for Marvels writers. The only thing fan's of the Avenging Son can hope for now is that they apply a generous amount of lube, before they come at his loyal supporters from behind.
    LOL!

Thank you, DragonsChi. I needed that belly laugh.

But don't be silly. There will be no lube ... until those movie rights are wrestled free. ;p

LOL!

Thank you, DragonsChi. I needed that belly laugh.

But don't be silly. There will be no lube ... until those movie rights are wrestled free. ;p
    LOL!

Better practice are breathing techniques then. I hear long deep breaths are key. Haha