Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Synch was able to breach through Monet's very guarded walls and allowed her to open up in a way that no one else has. I dont think its fair to downplay just how significant a person he was in her life

Most people saw her as an arrogant bougie bitch but he saw her as a person and his death deeply affected her
    Agreed. She had some moments with other guys.

MULTIPLE MAN

She showed a vulnerable moment with him when identifying with an abused girl. We know she found him great in bed. Seemed to be some feelings forming there, but two-timing with Siryn was probably enough to turn it off. Nothing deep between them after that. He seemed closer and more into Siryn & Layla, romantically than he ever was with Monet.

STRONG GUY

I can't pin down if she loved him, had the potential to but it never manifested, or if he was just a friend she was willing to give a chance to a bit too late (soulless). She was frantic when he was shot and that was the most emotion we saw her show in X-Factor that wasn't masked with anger & according to Layla she would've fallen into depression about him for a full year. But her feelings are questionable in terms of romance.

DARWIN
    She didn't seem to have any romantic or sexual feelings for him at all until he was conveniently available during one of her lowest moments.

SABRETOOTH

According to Bunn, a torturous love existed between them. But he didn't show it. I could see Monet's attraction & him caring for her, but all Bunn did was beat around the bush. Pak barely went a smidgen further. So who knows if their relationship was budding, if they'd been hooking up and caught feelings, or if they were secretly a real couple. This is likely no longer canon given writing ever since. And given what Hickman did, we know he won't acknowledge it. lol

It's clear none of these men compared to Synch. There's no question that up to this point, that's the man who had all of her heart. Two of them didn't. and two of them are ambiguous with one rendered filler in likelyhood.

She's died a few times since they were together, but Synch could definitely understand death. He only died once, but was gone a lot longer. Monet has had sex with at least 2 guys since that, but nothing too big. I don't think they'd be these wild light-years apart like some do. Now given how Monet has been let down or hurt by the guys she'd gotten with, I can see her being nervous about picking back up with Synch. Maybe she's more guarded than ever now. But I think he would be the man who could make her open herself up again and do her some real good that not many others have.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-05-2019 at 05:24 PM.

Hickman may have revealed the reason behind Monet's Penance form. He implies that she was modified so perhaps she died prior to HoX and when she was resurrected, the Five did something to enhance her.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...f-x-questions/

And we’ve already shown a couple of interesting tweaks like Monet being able to assume a Penance form and Warren being able to be both regular angel and Archangel. So there seems to be some ability to tweak the finished version of a resurrected mutant.

Well I suppose a tweak is simply and less convoluted. I'd still like to see an good story arc explaining it however.

BANNED

Hickman may have revealed the reason behind Monet's Penance form. He implies that she was modified so perhaps she died prior to HoX and when she was resurrected, the Five did something to enhance her.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...f-x-questions/
    I wonder if someone is killing mutants so these "tweaks" can be made, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I wonder if someone is killing mutants so these "tweaks" can be made, then?
    To what end?
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    To what end?
    IDK. I'm not writing the story, so I don't know the ending. But Hickman is very purposeful in what he writes.

Theoretically, as in M/Penance's and Angel/Archangel's cases, it could be to "make them better/more powerful". Otherwise, what's the purpose of changing them at resurrection at all?
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 10-15-2019 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    To what end?
    Sinister's sinister curiosity seems on brand for such shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Sinister's sinister curiosity seems on brand for such shenanigans.
    He probably was like "oh look she has a recessive mutation that allows her to turn into a diamond skinned girl. I wonder what would happen if I activated it..." or "Oh is this a Death Seed remnant that has been turned off... And now it's on"

Nothing hickman is doing so far pleases me. not even for etssr using two of my favorites (monet and jean) three if i count to storm.

But Jean looks stupid. storm is with elaborate speeches more exsgerated than usual. and if a common racist fanatic. Monet is a little better but the galta of explanation of many things bothers me.

First, this man tramples the characters. He doesn't recognize what other writers do. and play with the intelligence of the public. .Nobody really bothers the massacre of the characters? those are not resurrections are clones .... they are not the same characters even if he wants to disguise him.

also in the case of monet (as rogue) it would be the most difficult to kill if not say how impossible since one of its powers is invulnerability.

Monet's back to being white

We'll forever flip-flop. She'll never stay brown. Just part of the "no brown" policy outside of token man & woman Bishop & Storm.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-16-2019 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Nothing hickman is doing so far pleases me. not even for etssr using two of my favorites (monet and jean) three if i count to storm.

But Jean looks stupid. storm is with elaborate speeches more exsgerated than usual. and if a common racist fanatic. Monet is a little better but the galta of explanation of many things bothers me.

First, this man tramples the characters. He doesn't recognize what other writers do. and play with the intelligence of the public. .Nobody really bothers the massacre of the characters? those are not resurrections are clones .... they are not the same characters even if he wants to disguise him.

also in the case of monet (as rogue) it would be the most difficult to kill if not say how impossible since one of its powers is invulnerability.
    I feel the same way about Hicman's x-men work

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Art of Monet by various artists from the 1990s through 2000:

Chris Bachalo, Dan Fraga, Joe Bennett, Mark Buckingham, Aaron Lopresti

Terry Dodson, Luke Ross, Gregg Schiegiel, Matthew Dow Smith, Steve Pugh

AHRNIHAL shared in the HOX/POX thread. Idk if it's an official cover or not. Hard to tell these days.

Nice to see Monet again, though she's still looking too white. I thought she was X-23 at first glance. But Laura's current costume has no red in it.

Honestly I wish they'd hurry with some Wave II info. if she's included in anything. She's clearly not gonna have a huge role in Wave I since she's not part of any of the current teams. So Wave II is the next hope where we can get more good art for her, and HOPEFULLY with her the proper color.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-17-2019 at 04:37 PM.

Monet's back to being white

whats this from
    GrindrStone(D)