Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I miss Generation X's M's intelligence and high level(Emma blocking) telepathy. PAD and other later writers seemed to have forgotten her 'bitchiness' and 'stuck up' nature are the result of her actually being smarter and better than everyone(just about) around her. I'd like to see Monet display incredible intelligence again, yes, right up there with Reed and T'Challa and all them. Also, no, I wouldn't go the tactile tk route. I like that she has both physical and mental abilities and don't see a reason to collate them.
    I may be misremembering, but didn’t M make a weapon out of the suit material that the Phalanx had put the kids in?

I mean, I guess technically that was the twins, but that’s still pretty intelligent.

And if I’m 100% honest, the whole M/twins thing still confuses the **** out of me.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 08-23-2019 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I may be misremembering, but didn’t M make a weapon out of the suit material that the Phalanx had put the kids in?

I mean, I guess technically that was the twins, but that’s still pretty intelligent.
    Technically yes it was the twins, but exactly. When she spaced out she would become hyper-intelligent and yes, in that cell she fashioned a working weapon to neutralize the Phalanx plant(that no one else even realized was so) out of the very suit the Phalanx had covered her in. And then punched her way out of their cell. Powerhouse from jump!

There was another moment like that when Monet finished her exam first and Beast said she couldn't leave the class yet, so she ended up tearing up her exam and fashioning an ornate paper sculpture of the school out of it instead. It was later revealed these were autistic episodes from Claudette's influence. Still, I want hyper-intelligent Monet.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Love me a massive pony.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

X-Monday shows parts & the full piece of a connecting variant for Dawn of X.

Monet appears in her HOX / Last X-Factor suit. HOWEVER, she's white again. So it appears the flip-flopping is just around to stick.

She's beside Archangel

On a good note, Synch made part of the cover. So maybe we'll get to see more of our lovable guy.

He's underneath Beast.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-26-2019 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    X-Monday shows parts & the full piece of a connecting variant for Dawn of X.

Monet appears in her HOX / Last X-Factor suit. HOWEVER, she's white again. So it appears the flip-flopping is just around to stick.

She's beside Archangel
    Shes so small....and everyone else is so fugly I'm not even that mad. But I seeerrriously hope this kinda zhit doesn't become a trend in Monet's upcoming appearances....I am not above getting more militant. I'll work hard to comment on every promo tweet, insta post, podcast, thread.. I'll turn them all into dour discussions on race, colorism, race depictions in the media, passing, School Daze.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    On a good note, Synch made part of the cover. So maybe we'll get to see more of our lovable guy. He's underneath Beast.
    AAAAAAAHHHH!!! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!
    https://giphy.com/gifs/blackgirlmagic-l46CabMtEkqUtrzkA

ughh class is gonna suuuuck

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Technically yes it was the twins, but exactly. When she spaced out she would become hyper-intelligent and yes, in that cell she fashioned a working weapon to neutralize the Phalanx plant(that no one else even realized was so) out of the very suit the Phalanx had covered her in. And then punched her way out of their cell. Powerhouse from jump!

There was another moment like that when Monet finished her exam first and Beast said she couldn't leave the class yet, so she ended up tearing up her exam and fashioning an ornate paper sculpture of the school out of it instead. It was later revealed these were autistic episodes from Claudette's influence. Still, I want hyper-intelligent Monet.
    I still think they should soft retcon to M being on the spectrum period. It makes her a completely wonderful character in her representation narrative.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Who here absolutely thinks Monet and Threnody make sense as foils. hero/ villain ship?

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I still think they should soft retcon to M being on the spectrum period. It makes her a completely wonderful character in her representation narrative.
    Could be interesting but could be a medical excuse for her aloof 'bitchy' social skills instead of her awesomely snobby confidence/upbringing
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Who here absolutely thinks Monet and Threnody make sense as foils. hero/ villain ship?
    Oh Dang that'd be awesome. Like even if they were on the same team/side Threnodys death power would remind M of her brother Emplate and she wouldn't fully trust Threnody and constantly second guess/take jabs at her. Hmmn when's the last time 2 black X-women even talked on panel in an XBook
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Could be interesting but could be a medical excuse for her aloof 'bitchy' social skills instead of her awesomely snobby confidence/upbringing

Oh Dang that'd be awesome. Like even if they were on the same team/side Threnodys death power would remind M of her brother Emplate and she wouldn't fully trust Threnody and constantly second guess/take jabs at her. Hmmn when's the last time 2 black X-women even talked on panel in an XBook
    Probably Storm and someone either Oya, M, Celia Reyes,Frenzy, Bling,Kymera,Cipher. I can only remember Storm and Kymera really so that is my answer but I am pretty sure Storm and CeCe is the most recent.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Probably Storm and someone either Oya, M, Celia Reyes,Frenzy, Bling,Kymera,Cipher. I can only remember Storm and Kymera really so that is my answer but I am pretty sure Storm and CeCe is the most recent.
    Hmmm Dang! now i wanna know for sure lol...any idea what book/issue?
    GrindrStone(D)

I don’t know if there’s anything past it but Storm and Oya definitely talked in the All-New X-Men Annual (2016).

Hickman loves putting lesser known characters into the spot light. He might make M the new leader of the x-men after his run on x-men is done. Like he did with sunspot in the avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I don’t know if there’s anything past it but Storm and Oya definitely talked in the All-New X-Men Annual (2016).
    if that’s the last time that is SO sad

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    if that’s the last time that is SO sad
    To be fair, Idie didnt have anything to do in ResurreXion and was taken out rather quickly in Disassembled

Monet and Bling! talked during the Gen X relaunch

Does everyone huffing Unveil count as interacting with her?