Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    Uhg, I hate that outfit. I want current fashion! Who let those people makes these decisions?
    It’s one of the only things I hate about this run, that outfit is an eyesore.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    She's cute but this will always be my favorite:

Plus, I feel like this burgundy color is hers...imo of course!
    This is my favorite as well, the others are boring imo outside of the gen x one.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That was my least favorite look for her. I overall didnt like Sook's desgins

I noticed this as a theme among, Monet fans many didn't like it and it remains my favorite. Mostly for how distinct it is, everything else she's worn has been modified leotards.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    This is my favorite as well, the others are boring imo outside of the gen x one.
    It was awesome, and very memorable for me, even if everyone else have forgotten about it!!

That color is treat.

So I was rereading Gen X and I had completely forgotten that the twins had merged with Emplate as M, forming M-Plate that we then saw again after Bunn, but with a different powerset. The first M-Plate was kinda OP being able to mess with spacetime itself, and they were also psychic (which is the merge of the twins and Emplate's powers essentially). Most importantly they displayed Penance's claws.

So I was thinking... is that because all 4 of them share this particular form (like a form of protective form) or was it just because Emplate had been feeding off of her for so long that it affected the merged form too?
    We don't know the answer from Gen X, but it could be a way to explain the current ability (the twins and Monet have all been merged with Marius, who had Penance like claws because of the prolonged feeding... maybe they got the ability as a residue of the merging.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    That color is treat.

So I was rereading Gen X and I had completely forgotten that the twins had merged with Emplate as M, forming M-Plate that we then saw again after Bunn, but with a different powerset. The first M-Plate was kinda OP being able to mess with spacetime itself, and they were also psychic (which is the merge of the twins and Emplate's powers essentially). Most importantly they displayed Penance's claws.

So I was thinking... is that because all 4 of them share this particular form (like a form of protective form) or was it just because Emplate had been feeding off of her for so long that it affected the merged form too?
    We don't know the answer from Gen X, but it could be a way to explain the current ability (the twins and Monet have all been merged with Marius, who had Penance like claws because of the prolonged feeding... maybe they got the ability as a residue of the merging.
    Monet merging with Marius in Uncanny is filler. Bunn said one X-Monday it was placeholder series while Hickman was getting ready to come in & that he was told not to change too much. So best to ignore anything about that run. Marvel has. But during that merge, Monet said her claws came from feeding on Sabretooth.

For all intents & purposes, Monet's character arc is probably continuing straight from Storm's X-Men.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 11-08-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She giving Big sister energy lol.. these lil girls should at least be 13 or so by now..
    Last edited by Paleo_Rage; 11-13-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Creepy. lol

I agree they should be 13. Sadly STC has de-aged them. I guess to have Monet be even more protective of sisters who are still children instead of teens.

LOL I'll be on the island with you - her Sook design is also my favorite by a mile. Her other designs are too generically superhero-y and lack character.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    Yes, I know, but shouldn’t she be dressed in a more current one? I’m just being picky, I guess. :P

I forgot about the boob suit... that’s the one from X-Factor?

I have my feelings about the whole Penance thing. While I think it’s cool that Monet can change to the Penance Form and I don’t really know how I feel about her sisters being able to do it, I still kinda wish they kept her as her own separate character. I know this goes back to the whole thing in Generation x, but it just feels like a shame.
    I'm interested in the possibility of the St. Croix being one of those affluent families of color that think they're above certain racial burdens because their family owned slaves. (They exist) Namely, I'm interested in the idea that the St. Croix own a Yugoslavian mutant girl as their slave for their sustenance and for the protection of their bodies when in gestalt states. I think it'd be a way interesting development in the further history of what exactly the St. Croix are, and it cements Monet as a heroic character in her family as she probably doesn't understand why she's able to access Penance, thinking it's just a literal Time Out when she's being bad.

Mighty Member

Burgundy works for Monet when she has her melanin intact.. Monet(when she has melanin) not monet(when its gone) looks good in burgundy...Heck she can get some burgundy highlights while we are at it.

How can anyone hate the Sook look? It's instantly iconic, utilizes a color not common in superhero comics making it more unique, and it not so subtly highlights Emma's influence on M.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    How can anyone hate the Sook look? It's instantly iconic, utilizes a color not common in superhero comics making it more unique, and it not so subtly highlights Emma's influence on M.

Love it myself except now I feel like she needs a look that contrasts her Penance form.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Love it myself except now I feel like she needs a look that contrasts her Penance form.
    True. Her current navy palette or black match the Penance form well.

Just a thought, but could Monet have been Emma's second (or first?) choice to be Red Queen before Kitty? I would love that.

Could also see Emma offering her the position of White Knight but M would consider that way beneath her.