Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 368
  1. #346
    Mighty Member 9th.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    Uhg, I hate that outfit. I want current fashion! Who let those people makes these decisions?
    It’s one of the only things I hate about this run, that outfit is an eyesore.
    Reading list: Miles Morales: Spider-Man (Marvel), Ironheart (Marvel), Champions (Marvel), Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter (Marvel), Runaways (Marvel), Young Justice (DC), Naomi (DC), Justice League Odyssey (DC), My Hero Academia (VIZ), Bitter Root (Image), Quincredible (Lionforge), Buffy the Vampire Slayer Reboot (BOOM!)

  2. #347
    Mighty Member 9th.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    She's cute but this will always be my favorite:





    Plus, I feel like this burgundy color is hers...imo of course!
    This is my favorite as well, the others are boring imo outside of the gen x one.
    Reading list: Miles Morales: Spider-Man (Marvel), Ironheart (Marvel), Champions (Marvel), Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter (Marvel), Runaways (Marvel), Young Justice (DC), Naomi (DC), Justice League Odyssey (DC), My Hero Academia (VIZ), Bitter Root (Image), Quincredible (Lionforge), Buffy the Vampire Slayer Reboot (BOOM!)

  3. #348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That was my least favorite look for her. I overall didnt like Sook's desgins

    I noticed this as a theme among, Monet fans many didn't like it and it remains my favorite. Mostly for how distinct it is, everything else she's worn has been modified leotards.

    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    This is my favorite as well, the others are boring imo outside of the gen x one.
    It was awesome, and very memorable for me, even if everyone else have forgotten about it!!

  4. #349
    Mighty Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    She's cute but this will always be my favorite:





    Plus, I feel like this burgundy color is hers...imo of course!
    That color is treat.

    So I was rereading Gen X and I had completely forgotten that the twins had merged with Emplate as M, forming M-Plate that we then saw again after Bunn, but with a different powerset. The first M-Plate was kinda OP being able to mess with spacetime itself, and they were also psychic (which is the merge of the twins and Emplate's powers essentially). Most importantly they displayed Penance's claws.

    So I was thinking... is that because all 4 of them share this particular form (like a form of protective form) or was it just because Emplate had been feeding off of her for so long that it affected the merged form too?
    We don't know the answer from Gen X, but it could be a way to explain the current ability (the twins and Monet have all been merged with Marius, who had Penance like claws because of the prolonged feeding... maybe they got the ability as a residue of the merging.

  5. #350
    Astonishing Member Silver Fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    That color is treat.

    So I was rereading Gen X and I had completely forgotten that the twins had merged with Emplate as M, forming M-Plate that we then saw again after Bunn, but with a different powerset. The first M-Plate was kinda OP being able to mess with spacetime itself, and they were also psychic (which is the merge of the twins and Emplate's powers essentially). Most importantly they displayed Penance's claws.

    So I was thinking... is that because all 4 of them share this particular form (like a form of protective form) or was it just because Emplate had been feeding off of her for so long that it affected the merged form too?
    We don't know the answer from Gen X, but it could be a way to explain the current ability (the twins and Monet have all been merged with Marius, who had Penance like claws because of the prolonged feeding... maybe they got the ability as a residue of the merging.
    Monet merging with Marius in Uncanny is filler. Bunn said one X-Monday it was placeholder series while Hickman was getting ready to come in & that he was told not to change too much. So best to ignore anything about that run. Marvel has. But during that merge, Monet said her claws came from feeding on Sabretooth.

    For all intents & purposes, Monet's character arc is probably continuing straight from Storm's X-Men.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 11-08-2019 at 11:16 AM.

  6. #351
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,966

    Default


  7. #352
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She giving Big sister energy lol.. these lil girls should at least be 13 or so by now..
    Last edited by Paleo_Rage; 11-13-2019 at 07:54 PM.

  8. #353
    Astonishing Member Silver Fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,755

    Default

    Creepy. lol

    I agree they should be 13. Sadly STC has de-aged them. I guess to have Monet be even more protective of sisters who are still children instead of teens.

  9. #354
    Mysterious Telepath Spinster Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    She's cute but this will always be my favorite:





    Plus, I feel like this burgundy color is hers...imo of course!
    LOL I'll be on the island with you - her Sook design is also my favorite by a mile. Her other designs are too generically superhero-y and lack character.

  10. #355
    Mighty Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    Yes, I know, but shouldn’t she be dressed in a more current one? I’m just being picky, I guess. :P

    I forgot about the boob suit... that’s the one from X-Factor?


    I have my feelings about the whole Penance thing. While I think it’s cool that Monet can change to the Penance Form and I don’t really know how I feel about her sisters being able to do it, I still kinda wish they kept her as her own separate character. I know this goes back to the whole thing in Generation x, but it just feels like a shame.
    I'm interested in the possibility of the St. Croix being one of those affluent families of color that think they're above certain racial burdens because their family owned slaves. (They exist) Namely, I'm interested in the idea that the St. Croix own a Yugoslavian mutant girl as their slave for their sustenance and for the protection of their bodies when in gestalt states. I think it'd be a way interesting development in the further history of what exactly the St. Croix are, and it cements Monet as a heroic character in her family as she probably doesn't understand why she's able to access Penance, thinking it's just a literal Time Out when she's being bad.

  11. #356
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    701

    Default

    Burgundy works for Monet when she has her melanin intact.. Monet(when she has melanin) not monet(when its gone) looks good in burgundy...Heck she can get some burgundy highlights while we are at it.

  12. #357
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    9,551

    Default

    How can anyone hate the Sook look? It's instantly iconic, utilizes a color not common in superhero comics making it more unique, and it not so subtly highlights Emma's influence on M.


  13. #358
    In the wobbly seat The Quiet Councilor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    How can anyone hate the Sook look? It's instantly iconic, utilizes a color not common in superhero comics making it more unique, and it not so subtly highlights Emma's influence on M.

    Love it myself except now I feel like she needs a look that contrasts her Penance form.

  14. #359
    Mysterious Telepath Spinster Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Love it myself except now I feel like she needs a look that contrasts her Penance form.
    True. Her current navy palette or black match the Penance form well.

  15. #360
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    9,551

    Default

    Just a thought, but could Monet have been Emma's second (or first?) choice to be Red Queen before Kitty? I would love that.

    Could also see Emma offering her the position of White Knight but M would consider that way beneath her.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •