Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Variant I did of Monet with her other parts in the Action Figure. lol
    '
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-08-2019 at 02:32 PM.

She's beautiful. I started to read and collect comics regularly in 1997 with Gen X 33, being my first issue right after she got separated into twins. M instantly became a fave of mine and I gravitated towards her bc she was black. Its so good to see her melanin respected again bc the erasure was rough

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Variant I did of Monet with her other parts in the Action Figure. lol
    '
    oh my wow that's beautiful!!!
    I wish we could get an updated Generation X line of Marvel Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    oh my wow that's beautiful!!!
    I wish we could get an updated Generation X line of Marvel Legends.
    Yeah, it's different seeing her with a ponytail. But I like the bit of wavy it has. Closer to a curl than the plain straight hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She's beautiful. I started to read and collect comics regularly in 1997 with Gen X 33, being my first issue right after she got separated into twins. M instantly became a fave of mine and I gravitated towards her bc she was black. Its so good to see her melanin respected again bc the erasure was rough
    It's nice. Covers don't always tell the truth, and things have varied in the covers we've seen where she gets darker each cover. lol
    Darkening.jpg
    But that's fine, long as Gracia, and other colorists don't start making her white again.

So I also hope we see a brown beautiful Monet in HOX. Just sad we have to wait until Aug 28th before she shows up. I at least hoped for a cameo before then, but no luck given all the set-up.

HOX 1 set-up Krakoa
    POX 1 set up futures & new characters
    HOX 2 set up Moira

I wasn't as invested in the last 2. And we got two issues of POX coming up that I am iffy on. So Penance & Husk is a bit of a long wait, especially with no previews in-between issues and very few variants. With the AF one, Monet is tied with Husk for 2 covers and 1 variant. But otherwise, all the new variants we get 99% of the time are the same 10 characters.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-09-2019 at 10:36 AM.

I can't wait to see Monet in "House Of X." I love the fact she's right there with Cyclops, Wolverine and Jean!

Yeah, it's different seeing her with a ponytail. But I like the bit of wavy it has. Closer to a curl than the plain straight hair.
    Its very reminiscent of her debut

wow, the figure even has the 2 strands in the front of her hair. Nice attention to detail

Joe Mad drew a great "M!"

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its very reminiscent of her debut

wow, the figure even has the 2 strands in the front of her hair. Nice attention to detail
    True, and it still looks great. I liked her latter design in GenX by Steven Pugh.

This version kinda looked like a slightly older version of Phalanx Covenant Monet. Full features & caramel complexion. Just curl her hair again. lol

I don't know if this was ever discussed, but concerning her physical powers like: super-strength, flight, near-invulnerability, etc., would it be acceptable to explain it as being tactile-telekinesis like 90's Superboy? Therefore all of her powers would be psyche in nature. Or would you rather it remain super-everything (like Warpath, Captain Britain, Superman) along with telepathy and genius level IQ?

Speaking of her IQ, what field would you have her specialize in?
    Would you have her as smart as characters like Spider-man and Kitty, or as high as Ironman, Mr. Fantastic, Black Panther, Beast, joining the newer female geniuses like Ironheart, Wasp 3 and Moongirl?

I miss Generation X's M's intelligence and high level(Emma blocking) telepathy. PAD and other later writers seemed to have forgotten her 'bitchiness' and 'stuck up' nature are the result of her actually being smarter and better than everyone(just about) around her. I'd like to see Monet display incredible intelligence again, yes, right up there with Reed and T'Challa and all them. Also, no, I wouldn't go the tactile tk route. I like that she has both physical and mental abilities and don't see a reason to collate them.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I don't know if this was ever discussed, but concerning her physical powers like: super-strength, flight, near-invulnerability, etc., would it be acceptable to explain it as being tactile-telekinesis like 90's Superboy? Therefore all of her powers would be psyche in nature. Or would you rather it remain super-everything (like Warpath, Captain Britain, Superman) along with telepathy and genius level IQ?

Speaking of her IQ, what field would you have her specialize in?
    Would you have her as smart as characters like Spider-man and Kitty, or as high as Ironman, Mr. Fantastic, Black Panther, Beast, joining the newer female geniuses like Ironheart, Wasp 3 and Moongirl?
    Well she seems to lean in towards electronics in her early days.. she was able to make that device when capatured by the phalanx. I would actually like her to be just all around smart and not necessarily have a specialty being a jack of many trades.

As far as powers, her family seems to have both physical mutation and psionic. Maybe her mutation is balance between the mind and body. The show alphas had someone with ablilites that I thought could probably be used to explain Monet if we took the base idea and amped it up a little.

https://alphas.fandom.com/wiki/Hypercognitive

What with the M-twins being Monet, it seems they're the truly talented ones in the family. Able to block Emma telepathically, expert use in magic to banish their brother, being able to fuse then free themselves from Emplate, and their training from Gateway.

Since real Monet came about in GenX 40, she doesn't seem as gifted as her sisters and leaned more toward aggression & strength. Though I haven't read GenX in a while. Skimmed for some research, but been a min. on reading. I think it was said she was being trained by Emma, but the twins seemed to have surpassed her. lol

We really need to bring the M-twins back. I would love to see them interact with Monet again. Bring the St. Croix family into the fold together. As many Wolverines as we've got running around, actual siblings of a supposed writer-fav. heroine would be good.

Mighty Member

What with the M-twins being Monet, it seems they're the truly talented ones in the family. Able to block Emma telepathically, expert use in magic to banish their brother, being able to fuse then free themselves from Emplate, and their training from Gateway.

Since real Monet came about in GenX 40, she doesn't seem as gifted as her sisters and leaned more toward aggression & strength. Though I haven't read GenX in a while. Skimmed for some research, but been a min. on reading. I think it was said she was being trained by Emma, but the twins seemed to have surpassed her. lol

We really need to bring the M-twins back. I would love to see them interact with Monet again. Bring the St. Croix family into the fold together. As many Wolverines as we've got running around, actual siblings of a supposed writer-fav. heroine would be good.
    Shouldn't they at least be tweens now.. Why not have them and Karma's siblings form a mini crew.. maybe add one new character and get into mischief. You would think they would want to replicate the success of Moon girl within the x verse.

they'll never be teens naturally bc that ages Monet by a decade and current editorial at Marvel is against aging up the younger generation bc of the implications on the vets. They'd have to age artificially as to not affect M

ETA: I see you wrote teens, not tweens. Yeah, I can buy them as 11/12
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-23-2019 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Shouldn't they at least be tweens now.. Why not have them and Karma's siblings form a mini crew.. maybe add one new character and get into mischief. You would think they would want to replicate the success of Moon girl within the x verse.
    Given the timescale, Lord knows. But the way I worked it out in my head, they should be about 13 now.

I think the beginning of GenX, her age was 15. Then when we learn about "real Monet" and her release from Emplate, she's 16, with the twins being stated as 8-year-olds. Then I could see Monet as 17 by the very last chapter.

I imagine her as a young adult in X-Factor, around 18 - 19 for that period. Then moving to Storm's X-Woman squad I can see her being 19 - 20. Then finally coming to Bunncanny I saw her as being 21.

So if we put her at around 21 or 22 now, the the twins would fall at 13 or 14. But again, given comics have to last forever, age is heavily controversial. For example, Monet was still a teen in the 90's. Meanwhile Siryn was teased with Deadpool before Monet was even created. So we know Siryn was an adult in 1992. But come X-Factor, she didn't seem much older than the now 18 - 19 Monet.