Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I really hope she gets used as a main character in XMEN (She's basically a Superman). I actually would've liked her in New Mutants though. Love her rivalry with Magik. And seeing her with Moonstar would've been great as well. Also has she interacted w Sunspot before?
    Nope. I want M-Spot like yesterday. They should take over the world.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She and Magik dont have a rivalry. They've interacted, like once? There's no substance there. The closest she's ever had to an actual rival was Jubilee
    This. Magik and Monet showed they weren't fond of each other in Bunncanny. But otherwise she has more of a rivalry with Rachel than Magik.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I WANT SYNCH BACK!!!!!! lol

He was good for Monet. Not a typical angry black man trope (like Bishop) but has enough contrast than dating a male version of herself like Sunspot.

As a couple of posters said further back, I could see M-Spot as a fling or a relationship that was more a show-off of status than love, but no real potential for anything serious.

Synch seems like her best match with loving her, and providing enough difference to keep her interested but down to Earth. However, even that relationship is questionable. She & Synch rocked in GenX, but would Monet have continued to love him? If we move over to X-Factor, seems that Monet would've gotten bored with him...then again, that one didn't care too much about anybody.

Mighty Member

She and Magik dont have a rivalry. They've interacted, like once? There's no substance there. The closest she's ever had to an actual rival was Jubilee
    Hmm, I recall one when Bunn was writing them. Is there not another one or did I just love that one time enough I remembered it?

Hmm, I recall one when Bunn was writing them. Is there not another one or did I just love that one time enough I remembered it?
    Nope. They just had the one interaction in Buncanny. Not to say it can't be made into something more, but given how everything Bunn writes gets ignored by subsequent writers & editors, it's unlikely.

Don't expect anything he's ever written in the X-Books to come up again. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-06-2019 at 06:22 PM.

They had one panel of snark in Bunn's Uncanny run. With that logic, Monet is rivals with 80% of the people she interacts with. In that same issue, she was rude to Storm too but I wouldnt call them rivals

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Nope. They just had the one interaction in Buncanny. But that was it. Not to say they can't make something more of it, but given how everything Bunn writes gets ignored by subsequent writers & editors, it's unlikely.
    So stupid. He should've been the writer of XMEN until Hickman took over.

I still like the idea of Magik and Monet being rivals. I love both and find them similar in stubbornness (a trait all great rivals seem to share).

I agree that Monet and Sunspot might be too similar to be long term though...

I WANT SYNCH BACK!!!!!! lol

He was good for Monet. Not a typical angry black man trope (like Bishop) but has enough contrast than dating a male version of herself like Sunspot.

As a couple of posters said further back, I could see M-Spot as a fling or a relationship that was more a show-off of status than love, but no real potential for anything serious.

Synch seems like her best match with loving her, and providing enough difference to keep her interested but down to Earth. However, even that relationship is questionable. She & Synch rocked in GenX, but would Monet have continued to love him? If we move over to X-Factor, seems that Monet would've gotten bored with him...then again, that one didn't care too much about anybody.
    I want a new love triangle, with Monet deciding between good boy Everett, or bad boy Roberto!?

I loved Synch and M together in Gen X, but so far he's not coming back(he should, though), and I actually think M and Sunspot would be amazing together. It's almost a perfect couple. Of course, comics [being the dramas they are] would eventually split them up(even happened to Jean and Scott a couple times), but that relationship would have good bones!

Roberto isnt really a bad boy. He's matured quite a bit from when we were first introduced to him as a rambunctious 13 year old

Mighty Member

Roberto isnt really a bad boy. He's matured quite a bit from when we were first introduced to him as a rambunctious 13 year old
    If not Monet, Roberto really needs the love of a Black woman.. To bad they killed Tempo, she could have been great with Berto.. The reluctant bad girl who is always on time mostly because she controls it and the hot headed shorty with money and might...

Mighty Member

This. Magik and Monet showed they weren't fond of each other in Bunncanny. But otherwise she has more of a rivalry with Rachel than Magik.
    she seemed to spar with most of the girls.. She came for Terry, Polaris, Emma, Jube, she really dogged out Stacy X, she made quips about Storm as the goddess, but her stufff with Rach seemed more the usual for her. I would love her to bitch out Kitty though.

So stupid. He should've been the writer of XMEN until Hickman took over.

I still like the idea of Magik and Monet being rivals. I love both and find them similar in stubbornness (a trait all great rivals seem to share).

I agree that Monet and Sunspot might be too similar to be long term though...
    Sadly that's the case with X-office. Hack writers with no respect for continuity who are too lazy to research get all the easy breaks. Writers like Bunn get bogged down by editorial and ignored once they're kicked out.

I haven't enjoyed an X-book since his Uncanny. But I realize that's the case when I always have a handful or select favorites that I get into a series for. The only exceptions, where I liked an entire cast, was sitcoms.

For the X-Books my favorites whom I read books are are Deadpool, Monet, and Creed. But two of those have been ruined, so I don't even wanna read them right now. Monet is the last one. Then there's liked characters that I enjoy seeing should they be coming up in a book I am already reading, like Husk, Jubilee, Storm, and a few others. With such taste that runs with the minority, my attention is rarely held on many books. So I can't be mad at Marvel for that. I am just mad at their penchant for character assassination.

I want a new love triangle, with Monet deciding between good boy Everett, or bad boy Roberto!?
    After the mess that was Scemma vs. Jott and Bangel vs. Spuffy, I am sick of triangles. They have a tendency to make every character involved look bad.

Other than Synch, I don't ship Monet with anyone really, so I have no preference. If she's paired with a guy that's handsome, and doesn't ruin or make a fool of her character, then I can be cool with it. Like I was with Buffy x Riley. Didn't ship it, but worked for a new more stable relationship (before the character assassination to prop up Spike).

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    she seemed to spar with most of the girls.. She came for Terry, Polaris, Emma, Jube, she really dogged out Stacy X, she made quips about Storm as the goddess, but her stufff with Rach seemed more the usual for her. I would love her to bitch out Kitty though.
    I am still bummed we didn't get the crap with Mystique Bunn was gonna do. Both members of the HFC, Monet getting bumped to White Queen, and Mystique is due to an ass-whopping. Sadly another ideal "What could have been."

And her vs. Emma could probably give some good shows. Both seem to be more snobby, and I could see Emma being like a male wolf and being could with the youngsters, but seeing them as competition once they come of age.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-06-2019 at 06:43 PM.

ugh this all damn day

Roberto has certainly matured, but being 'a bad boy' isn't age-specific(ask Logan). His connections to the Hellfire and MLF, even if resigned to his past, will always be fertile ground for writers using his character. Compared to the personality type of someone like Everett, he's definitely the bad boy, even if that is filtered through a refined, strategic, businessman lens(like Batman compared to Superman).

Roberto has certainly matured, but being 'a bad boy' isn't age-specific(ask Logan). His connections to the Hellfire and MLF, even if resigned to his past, will always be fertile ground for writers using his character. Compared to the personality type of someone like Everett, he's definitely the bad boy, even if that is filtered through a refined, strategic, businessman lens(like Batman compared to Superman).
    I didnt mean to imply it was age specific but that persona doesnt define him anymore. Logan is a bad boy type. Sunspot is nothing on that level. Its something that was how he was characterized and portrayed as a child, but he grew out of it a long time ago, especially as he became leader of the Avengers. Its complete regression to take him back to his old status quo
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-06-2019 at 09:44 PM.