Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    It's kinda funny that it's such an obvious follow up after M-Plate and yet it was still such an amazing reveal. Larraz drew the hell out of it, and I really hope we see more of Penet. (Monance?)
    Penance 10char

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yes and Im glad the discussion isnt about whether she is black or not...lol. Finally we have something new to talk about with actual consequences on her future
    Yeah. So far this seems to be the biggest thing for her in a while. I loved Bunn's direction and set-ups for her, but they fell through. And imo, PAD did nothing of note with her, besides whitewash her. Otherwise, he toned her character down to a hotheaded brute.

Her, she seemed to be intelligent, pragmatic, and she has discovered a new power that has interesting potential -fight-wise & story-wise. But hopefully, it'll be shown & used sparingly so it doesn't overshadow her established base power-set, along with muting her race too much by being misconstrued as a default from..

So is this more like it once was a defense mechanism and is now a controlled power set?

I could handle that as an explanation.

BANNED

Can't say I'm a fan of this development. Seems unnecessary. Just give her feats with her current power set and character development.

This change may lead to some of that character development. How'd she gain the form? Did she merge back with Penance? How does the past trauma still effect her, etc.

There's a lot to explore with her willingly using a form like this. Hopefully it'll be done in Wave II since there doesn't seem to be room for it in Wave I. She's shown in X-Men, but Hickman said that was mainly gonna be a series of one-shot stories with a rotating cast. So unless the issue are all 37+ pages, there can't be too deep a story covered there. lol

BANNED

IIRC Hickman's Avengers run also began with a number of one shots and small arcs that ultimately connected back to larger macro-arcs and long-form stories. I'm sure this run will do the same later on. It won't be one shots forever.

yes and Im glad the discussion isnt about whether she is black or not...lol. Finally we have something new to talk about with actual consequences on her future
    Lol laaswwd me to

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    It's kinda funny that it's such an obvious follow up after M-Plate and yet it was still such an amazing reveal. Larraz drew the hell out of it, and I really hope we see more of Penet. (Monance?)
    Errrrbody was just tryna forget about M-plate lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    This change may lead to some of that character development. How'd she gain the form? Did she merge back with Penance? How does the past trauma still effect her, etc.
    I just wanna know how she went From this

IMG_20190906_041517.jpg
    To using this form to battle
    GrindrStone(D)

They could do a story about her finding Hollow after the M-Plate thing and merging back together. Like a conclusion to the whole arc and her finding back a piece of her that was missing inside of Hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    IMG_20190906_041517.jpg
    Well PAD's Monet is a mess II try to ignore. After all, the only thing in life that made her happy was Madrox's d!ck. Lol

So i'm still cool if anything his Monet showed was ignored. Lol

But it's possible she's overcome the trauma. Like overcoming her death. Hopefully we'll get to see this development though.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-06-2019 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Lol laaswwd me to

Errrrbody was just tryna forget about M-plate lol

IMG_20190906_041517.jpg
    I found THAT confession/moment of vulnerability very poignant and its felt very real.
    That being said, I'm sure some folks out there adapt to their respective traumas, and triggers of said trauma, by reclaiming them and in some ways weaponizing them to regain a sense of control. Maybe that's the thought process behind Monet's Penancification. Then again, it may just be Sinister shenanigans. Who knows.

I love Monet. I'm so pleased with the brief but accurately written appearance in the last 2 issues of HoX. She was an intellectual. She was a know-it-all. She was also blunt. I adored it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I found THAT confession/moment of vulnerability very poignant and its felt very real.
    That being said, I'm sure some folks out there adapt to their respective traumas, and triggers of said trauma, by reclaiming them and in some ways weaponizing them to regain a sense of control. Maybe that's the thought process behind Monet's Personification. Then again, it may just be Sinister shenanigans. Who knows.
    Agreed. it's like a rape victim. Some shut down & become afraid of intimacy due to the violence associated with it where they lost their control and agency. But other respond by becoming vary sexual aggressive or promiscuous as a way to regain their sexuality and have the future experiences on their terms, consensually , and fully in control.

Monet has gone through the terrified process, but given her rough & tough nature probably one day decided she'd whine, moped, and been afraid long enough, now she needed to stop being a victim and regain control of herself -no longer be ruled by her brother. I could easily see her demanding that of herself.

So she could've merged back with Hollow. After all, it can be retconned that Penance was always apart of her, but her brother brought the form out, then trapped her in it magically. So it acted as a prison when she had no control. When she got separated from it, she may have been split in half, and by keeping it out, she has denied apart of herself -sadly that part is the one her brother used to victimize her.

Reclaiming all of herself, and making the form her own where she can control it at will, and is no longer imprisoned by it would be a good story of a demon Monet overcame and becoming stronger skill-wise, and emotionally.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-06-2019 at 10:40 AM.

I feel like we should have expected this when we found out Monet was taking back the Penance codename, but somehow I was still pleasantly surprised.

I've actually been toying with the idea of an Exiles version of the Twins, one had Penance's powers and the other had Emplate's, and when they combined they made M

BANNED

To me it just makes sense, plain and simple. M has been tied to the Penance shell for years. She was imprisoned in it. Of course she would learn to control it herself eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    To me it just makes sense, plain and simple. M has been tied to the Penance shell for years. She was imprisoned in it. Of course she would learn to control it herself eventually.
    she actually hasnt been tied to it though in 2 decades. I like the current development but it definitely didnt seem like an obvious thing

BANNED

she actually hasnt been tied to it though in 2 decades. I like the current development but it definitely didnt seem like an obvious thing
    She hasn't been as prominent since, either. To a lot of people, lapsed fans and otherwise, the key story points about Monet are her family, Penance and Emplate. I just find it's a natural progression, YMMV.