Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I loved seeing her little sisters, I love the concept of relative who can fuse together dragon ball Z style into bigger more powerful forms, I like like how they can all access the "penance" form. Reminds me of Emma, the Cuckoos and Jack O Diamonds, mutants with psychic powers who can access armored super hard forms that makes them immune to telepathy but also with no psychic powers. Perhaps they would all have a common ancestor a few centuries ago.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I loved seeing her little sisters, I love the concept of relative who can fuse together dragon ball Z style into bigger more powerful forms, I like like how they can all access the "penance" form. Reminds me of Emma, the Cuckoos and Jack O Diamonds, mutants with psychic powers who can access armored super hard forms that makes them immune to telepathy but also with no psychic powers. Perhaps they would all have a common ancestor a few centuries ago.
    Who says the Penance form doesn't have access to psychic powers? I know in the past Emma couldn't get a read on her but that was before they could shift to the form willingly
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Who says the Penance form doesn't have access to psychic powers? I know in the past Emma couldn't get a read on her but that was before they could shift to the form willingly
    Jean also couldnt read Penance recently in the Bunn issue in which they travel to an alternative past and the young Bendis O5 fight the 90s Generation X.

I wouldnt mind it if she had psychic powers in Penance form, but I think we would have seen Penance fly like Monet if that were true. And Jean and Emma not being able to read her mind, makes it look like she is hermetically sealed, cant let psychic energy get out of her or enter from outside, like diamond form Emma.

I kinda don't like that the twins can access penance form. I liked that they were a little different in a way. So now they can pretty much do anything M can do also they can do magic and make portals. They are getting a little overpowered to the point no one is ever going to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    I kinda don't like that the twins can access penance form. I liked that they were a little different in a way. So now they can pretty much do anything M can do also they can do magic and make portals. They are getting a little overpowered to the point no one is ever going to use them.
    No one has been using them the past 20 years so its not like this development has changed anything

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

First, didn't know this appreciation thread was here so imagine my surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Yeah. So far this seems to be the biggest thing for her in a while. I loved Bunn's direction and set-ups for her, but they fell through. And imo, PAD did nothing of note with her, besides whitewash her. Otherwise, he toned her character down to a hotheaded brute.

Her, she seemed to be intelligent, pragmatic, and she has discovered a new power that has interesting potential -fight-wise & story-wise. But hopefully, it'll be shown & used sparingly so it doesn't overshadow her established base power-set, along with muting her race too much by being misconstrued as a default from..
    Well PAD's Monet is a mess II try to ignore. After all, the only thing in life that made her happy was Madrox's d!ck. Lol

So i'm still cool if anything his Monet showed was ignored. Lol

But it's possible she's overcome the trauma. Like overcoming her death. Hopefully we'll get to see this development though.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Still say Jasmine Tookes Victoria Secret model is my idea of what M should look like.Attachment 88866
    She's absolutely, gorgeous!!!

I think the burgundy cape is still worst, next to boob suit.

....which burgundy cape?! You better NOT be referring to my favorite Monet costume, it's the costume that made me want to do cosplay!!!

Jokes aside, I'm interested in anyone's opinion who'd like to share on how PAD used Monet. I remember his run, but it wasn't something I paid much attention to I appreciated him for using so many characters who otherwise would have been in limbo. But do you guys think he added anything to her outside of "prominence", I haven't read all of his appearances with her, but it did feel like towards either the middle or end he started tacking on random ideas to her instead of actually developing her. I felt that many of the women in his cast suffered similarly, the constant whitewashing throughout the run was a whole other conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    That's her OG Generation X outfit
    Yes, I know, but shouldn’t she be dressed in a more current one? I’m just being picky, I guess. :P

I forgot about the boob suit... that’s the one from X-Factor?

I have my feelings about the whole Penance thing. While I think it’s cool that Monet can change to the Penance Form and I don’t really know how I feel about her sisters being able to do it, I still kinda wish they kept her as her own separate character. I know this goes back to the whole thing in Generation x, but it just feels like a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    Yes, I know, but shouldn’t she be dressed in a more current one? I’m just being picky, I guess. :P

I forgot about the boob suit... that’s the one from X-Factor?

I have my feelings about the whole Penance thing. While I think it’s cool that Monet can change to the Penance Form and I don’t really know how I feel about her sisters being able to do it, I still kinda wish they kept her as her own separate character. I know this goes back to the whole thing in Generation x, but it just feels like a shame.
    Jean Grey is wearing her dress from the 60s so nothing is of limits

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean Grey is wearing her dress from the 60s so nothing is of limits
    Uhg, I hate that outfit. I want current fashion! Who let those people makes these decisions?

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    Uhg, I hate that outfit. I want current fashion! Who let those people makes these decisions?

I've yet to find a singular good reason why Jean is in that costume, even with easter egg about why she's in it. Of all the costumes you choose, you go with the that in 2019 and without so much as an update...how disappointing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I've yet to find a singular good reason why Jean is in that costume, even with easter egg about why she's in it. Of all the costumes you choose, you go with the that in 2019 and without so much as an update...how disappointing!!
    Agreed. With all of that. It’s just a terrible outfit in general. And as far as Monet’s outfit is concerned I just felt like she out grew it, especially since she’s had a few different ones.

Maybe cause it's the last thing Synch saw her in?
    GrindrStone(D)

IDA. Her first look was a great one

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IDA. Her first look was a great one

She's cute but this will always be my favorite:

Plus, I feel like this burgundy color is hers...imo of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    She's cute but this will always be my favorite:

Plus, I feel like this burgundy color is hers...imo of course!
    That was my least favorite look for her. I overall didnt like Sook's desgins