Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I really don't see Monet with Sunspot as a 'ship. I like them both but I feel like Monet needs for the actual messy life stuff, the joke de vivre found in complex relationships and devastating emotions and humility that comes with real connectivity and vulnerability that I don't Think 'Berto can provide for her because he's like at her level of wealth and social standing. They'd be fabulous but they'd wear each other like decoration. Fun, but not otp.

In my head canon Monet and Maggot torment one another and have really bizzare sex but in Maggott' lust for life, his gutter gourmand appeal, his exquisite taste that is literally super human, M might find something kindred if not fully romantic. And that would be a start.
    OMG YEEESSSSS!!! This is a ship I can tie a tube and drink a beer behind!! I love this couple. Never even thought about it!! No offense to the crew of M'Berto but I could really only see that as a fling or friends. Maggott and M is soo backwards it can only go forward. With hilarity ensuing moments.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Depending on whether or not Rosenberg has the stones, there may be no MonetSpot if he really is killed off in WoR.

I really doubt he's dead, because he really blew up in Avengers, and Hickman is coming to the X-books. So Sunspot being killed off just before that seems unlikely. But if he is...eh. Someone asked about M-Spot on the [airing X-Monday, but it never got an answer. Too bad since it was more interesting than most of the other questions picked.

In any case, I am still on the ship for my otp. It's 100% off the table now. And I can accept that. All I ask is a chapter or panel of closure before either of them is thrown to another character for actual shipping. Rogue x Deadpool was scrapped, but at least Duggan got to properly close them down. Can't say the same for my other fav.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Depending on whether or not Rosenberg has the stones, there may be no MonetSpot if he really is killed off in WoR.
    Monet had a dude go to hell for her why can't she do the same for her man

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Monet had a dude go to hell for her why can't she do the same for her man
    Because unless they dated off panel, I can't see her caring enough about him to go to Hell for him at this point. Since they don't seem to have ever met. lol

Hell, she hasn't been shown thinking about Strong Guy since X-Factor. Then again, PAD's Monet was a mess. So everything that existed there is best forgotten...Along with that terrible outfit that keeps popping up.

Ultimate Member

I remember when PAD had M and Terry as best friends because M said so, I don't remember any interaction between the two since really...

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Terry hasn't appeared anywhere in years, PAD left her in a situation in which is essentially impossible to use her.

Ultimate Member

I was just showing how much of a mess PAD's X-Factor was, for Terry to be used just have her drop the whole Morrigan mess and come looking for Banshee, case closed for her then...as for M perhaps a reformed X-Factor like the old non Madrox led version in the place of Guido...

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I was just showing how much of a mess PAD's X-Factor was, for Terry to be used just have her drop the whole Morrigan mess and come looking for Banshee, case closed for her then...as for M perhaps a reformed X-Factor like the old non Madrox led version in the place of Guido...
    But she can't just drop it, she'd have to die or have it removed somehow via some magic/technological shenaningans. Unless a writer wants to just ignore everything, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I remember when PAD had M and Terry as best friends because M said so, I don't remember any interaction between the two since really...
    Hell that supposed friendship seemed to be dropped when you get stuff like this.
    Cruelty.jpg
    Kinda cruel to say to someone who was supposedly your best friend, whom you stayed with after this happened. This highlights why I hate PAD's Monet. He made her unnecessarily selfish & mean. She only cared about people when it was convenient.

Then later on, Layla says she becomes Monet's best friend, which is why she saved Strong Guy.

Yeah, PAD is good at quippy one-liners and has his moments with dramatic character moments, but he more often than not fails at the latter.

His Monet was often fun, but his character work left so much to be desired.

I didn't even find her fun. For Monet's I preferred.

I liked
    GenX,
    Bunncanny Monet,
    Strain did a decent one for the small time she was normal.
    X-Men vol 4 Monet, though I hear many hated that because Monet wasn't bitchy enough. But Hell, coming off PAD's Monet who was too bitchy to the point of constantly PMSing psycho, that was good. Possible chance of her learning to value her teammates more after X-Factor terrible conclusion & try to feel better about life now that she's learned there's no peace in death.

Pak's Monet was an example of too nice to the point it was ooc. But all the characters were misused & watered down in that series. Except for the movie starlets -Deadpool & Domino.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-12-2019 at 07:20 AM.

Thanks to Tycon for sharing this pic. I take no credit for finding it first.

But Monet enters the House of X.

This is the best thing so far for me since 2019 started. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-14-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Cyclops
    Jean
    Wolverine
    Monet
    Archangel
    Husk
    Nightcrawler

What an amazing lineup. Will be good to see Monet interact with a whole new set of characters as she has little history with these guys outside of Husk

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Cyclops
    Jean
    Wolverine
    Monet
    Archangel
    Husk
    Nightcrawler

What an amazing lineup. Will be good to see Monet interact with a whole new set of characters as she has little history with these guys outside of Husk
    And to a lesser extent Archangel. Both were in Buncanny, but hardly interacted much. Meanwhile, I don't think she's interacted with those others at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    And to a lesser extent Archangel. Both were in Buncanny, but hardly interacted much. Meanwhile, I don't think she's interacted with those others at all.
    I didnt include Archangel bc he was a mindless drone for most of it and once he was fixxed, Money was descending with the Marius stuff