Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

WOW CAN’T BREATHE

Yes Hickman!!!!

NP, Silver! Monet’s gonna get the attention she deserves finally.

Is there confirmation that it is Husk next to her?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    NP, Silver! Monet’s gonna get the attention she deserves finally.
    and agreed. Hopefully Hickman will work the same magic for her that he did with Sunspot. In addition to keeping her melanin.

Then finally, Monet can move to A-lister status with more attention & recognition.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-14-2019 at 11:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkblue View Post
    Is there confirmation that it is Husk next to her?
    No, but looks like her. Also, I don't know if it's an actual line-up because Illyana seems to be appearing too, judging by the cover of POX#3, but still Monet appearing among the big guns and interacting with important characters she had few to no contact is pretty good.

I am very excited for Hickman's take on Monet, I think he'll be able to write the hell out of her.

Our residential X-Snob makes another appearance on the cover for HOX #4.

Nice to see that she is more brown this time, and since Larraz is doing covers & interiors, hopefully it'll stay that way inside the book as well. Apparently, the gold lighting effected all the characters since I thought it was Hope there with everyone. lol

But leaving that topic, I am excited to see her fighting among some bigger named characters. And it looks like that could very well be Husk with her. Be nice to see them together again after so long.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-11-2019 at 01:05 PM.

WHAT A FREAKING GOOD TEAM

YES MELANIN

So hyped!

Agreed. Monet's got a zipped costumed, and she's kept her melanin. The previous cover made it hard to tell.

ok wow I'm sooo excited about this....+ that's DEF Husk "rocking" our with her fists!!
    If Sunspot was on the cover is never ask the XOffice for anything ever again lol

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Our residential X-Snob makes another appearance on the cover for HOX #4.

Nice to see that she is more brown this time, and since Larraz is doing covers & interiors, hopefully it'll stay that way inside the book as well. Apparently, the gold lighting effected all the characters since I thought it was Hope there with everyone. lol

But leaving that topic, I am excited to see her fighting among some bigger named characters. And it looks like that could very well be Husk with her. Be nice to see them together again after so long.
    Stunning cover. I love Pepe Larraz and I'm also pleased that Husk is confirmed. Cant wait for these books!

Capture.jpg

I am not hype train yet M still has to make it pass HoX/PoX. But very it is a good sign Husk and M is being used by the person who is charge of main books. I will be truly excited when the book that comes after roster still has them in it. Based on this roster composition if I had to guess it looks like M will be "the Strong guy" and "backup powerhouse" to Jean Grey. Personality wise with Husk,Jean Grey and Nightcrawler not being that controversial types that leaves M and Wolverine to bring conflict personality wise . If anyone is going to get the sarcastic line it will probably be M. There is also Nightcrawler (Catholic) and M (Muslim) angle that they could play around with it as well.

Overall I am happy to see M up in the forefront at worse she brings Emplate finally to the big leagues where if written well he could join ranks of one of better X-men villains. And the X-men needs good villains badly.

Honestly Monet never seemed the type to be religious period. So I could see her being very dismissive about it. Possibly annoyed if someone were to continuously bring it up.

But the Muslim vs. Catholic angle was used by PAD with her vs. Siryn.
    RCO008_1468981517.jpg
    So again, I would like almost everything he did with M to be forgotten. Including rehashing the Theological debates, only with opposite sexes this time.

In fact, her entire relationship with Siryn was just a rehash of what she had with Jubilee in GenX.
    1. Like the same guy (but unlike the more innocent rivalry they actually both slept with said guy)
    2. Go through a contemptuous period off & on
    3. Settle their differences over guy on a shopping trip.

Anyhow, the unneeded whitewashing and randomly making her Muslim when she clearly never was before is a pet-peeve for me. Similar to Claremont randomly deciding Bishop was Aboriginal Australian. Neither of these retcons were needed. And it'd be nice if some writers could forget some of the obviously forced retcons, but sadly those are what stick for some characters. meanwhile their original characters ends up lost underneath them.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-12-2019 at 03:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Capture.jpg

I am not hype train yet M still has to make it pass HoX/PoX. But very it is a good sign Husk and M is being used by the person who is charge of main books. I will be truly excited when the book that comes after roster still has them in it. Based on this roster composition if I had to guess it looks like M will be "the Strong guy" and "backup powerhouse" to Jean Grey. Personality wise with Husk,Jean Grey and Nightcrawler not being that controversial types that leaves M and Wolverine to bring conflict personality wise . If anyone is going to get the sarcastic line it will probably be M. There is also Nightcrawler (Catholic) and M (Muslim) angle that they could play around with it as well.

Overall I am happy to see M up in the forefront at worse she brings Emplate finally to the big leagues where if written well he could join ranks of one of better X-men villains. And the X-men needs good villains badly.
    Hickman said he's not using rosters in the traditional sense, so those characters appearing on the cover doesn't mean they'll be the X-men team. Even because you see Archangel was on the previous one but isn't here.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Honestly Monet never seemed the type to be religious period. So I could see her being very dismissive about it. Possibly annoyed if someone were to continuously bring it up.
    That is fine, I was just covering angles that they could use in stories. I mean M could have a dangerous berzerk guy fetish and start dating Wolverine. Then you can have Wolverine,Sabertooth, and M love triangle of your nightmares

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Hickman said he's not using rosters in the traditional sense, so those characters appearing on the cover doesn't mean they'll be the X-men team. Even because you see Archangel was on the previous one but isn't here.
    That sounds in nice theory but a roster is a roster. Even if he goes bigger with people rotating in and out.There still has to be a set number of people whether it is 13, 30, 50, 100. The point is Hickman is to good of writer not to focus in some characters that is only way you can get development.There is going to be "a Roster" they are going to be characters "who get more focus than others" even shows like Game of Thrones or Walking Dead with very flexible rosters and focus on general concept than characters still have "main characters".This is no different