Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    That is fine, I was just covering angles that they could use in stories. I mean M could have a dangerous berzerk guy fetish and start dating Wolverine. Then you can have Wolverine,Sabertooth, and M love triangle of your nightmares
    When it comes to Monet, I honestly don't expect Sabretooth to even come up again. The fact that they're not in the same book, Creed's been reset to bland, villain, jobbertooth, and crammed up with Mystique in POX AGAIN is pointing to that.

I could see M dating Wolverine. But no triangle. Lets be real, we know Logan would be the winner, just like he has been for over 20 years when it comes to Creed. The fact Logan actually gets to have numerous good love interests & Creed only has Mystique shows that well enough.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-14-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Hickman does his research so if M and Sabertooth are around each other enough under Hickman he will bring it up.

I hear Hickman's good at weaving long-term plot threads but doesn't really focus on personal relationships.

I could see him addressing Jott since it's a big one. But Bunn's the only writer who cared about Cronet, so I can see it being ignored. It never went anywhere important anyway. Bunn said they loved each other but didn't show an on-panel relationship, so it hardly counts.

Meanwhile, the X-Office is stuck on Creed x Mystique; I may have to skip POX for those two. Least the first 2 or 3 issues.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-15-2019 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Hickman does his research so if M and Sabertooth are around each other enough under Hickman he will bring it up.
    I truly hope not .... Sunspot+M or nothing lol

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I truly hope not .... Sunspot+M or nothing lol
    Cosigned and willing to Go-Fund. haha

Sorry if it's a false alarm. The cover is very blurred and hard to make out. But Sunspot in on the left-hand side of the cover, and that MAY be Monet just above him.

IF that is her I am seeing, it's close to MoSpot interaction. lol

Its Karma. The characters are largely grouped according to their respective teams. Those are the New Mutants. Excalibur on the opposite side.

Darn. Sorry. It's still a bit of a wait before HOX, so I was trying to bring some new / good Monet news.

I wish she appeared on more variants. The 2 covers we have are great. Wouldn't change a thing. But even Husk had a minor appearance on one HOX variant. I am itching to see more art with her. Especially when drawn by Larraz.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Darn. Sorry. It's still a bit of a wait before HOX, so I was trying to bring some new / good Monet news.

I wish she appeared on more variants. The 2 covers we have are great. Wouldn't change a thing. But even Husk had a minor appearance on one HOX variant. I am itching to see more art with her. Especially when drawn by Larraz.
    I feel you. I really hope she shines with Hickman.

Poor Gen X. Not like they left us with many members, they should be able to fit!

I AM salty about Monet being left off of Ramos’ variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I feel you. I really hope she shines with Hickman.
    I think she'll be good in HOX. If she's in a Wave book, that's where I worry. Hopefully she won't be with Rosenberg, Pak, PAD, or Williams (whom I am wary of at the moment)

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Poor Gen X. Not like they left us with many members, they should be able to fit!

I AM salty about Monet being left off of Ramos’ variant.
    Is that the tree-house one? I was ticked Husk was there, but Monet was absent. I love Husk too but to see her & not Monet didn't seem right.

I guess when we get to HOX 2 and 3, is when we'll get some more Monet variants. Otherwise, I am bored seeing the same basic characters. Mystique, Creed, Wolverine, Emma, Jean, Scott, Xavier, and Magneto.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-03-2019 at 07:12 AM.

are Monet's sisters, Emplate & Penance worth a comeback in comics?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    Yes, Emplate is a villain that should always come back..

The Twins should be in the next iteration of young mutants..Claudette and Nicole need some love.. Maybe they could have a friendship with Karma's twin siblings who are all MIA>.

Poor Penance.. she really should have stayed a solo mutant girl

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    Emplate is a really cool, creepy villain so if someone has a good use for him and DOA then I'm always game. His appearances in Gen X and X-Men Legacy were fantastic.

I really like Penance too, but it seems like she's stuck in limbo after her abortive appearances last decade. That said, it would be nice to see her around the mansion or something, just to know she's all good at least. Maybe someone will do an arc with her and Monet at some point. (Hickman?)

I don't think the sisters are worth the trouble, as you'd need to put far too much work in to portray them well in a 2019 context for any appearance, and they don't have the legs to carry a story/issue. They're fine just off-panel and just appearing in family photos for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post

IF that is her I am seeing, it's close to MoSpot interaction. lol
    Maybe HOPEFULLY They'll be some insight on Gen X as its the ONLY X-Team not to be featured on this cover?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    I really like Penance too, but it seems like she's stuck in limbo after her abortive appearances last decade. That said, it would be nice to see her around the mansion or something, just to know she's all good at least. Maybe someone will do an arc with her and Monet at some point. (Hickman?)

I don't think the sisters are worth the trouble, as you'd need to put far too much work in to portray them well in a 2019 context for any appearance, and they don't have the legs to carry a story/issue. They're fine just off-panel and just appearing in family photos for me.
    whatta ya mean what's the difficulty with their story in 2019 ? at any rate they definitely aren't more difficult than Penance backstory and I am sick and tired if being sick and tired with the same homogenized looking X-Men Future/family members.