Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    whatta ya mean what's the difficulty with their story in 2019 ? at any rate they definitely aren't more difficult than Penance backstory and I am sick and tired if being sick and tired with the same homogenized looking X-Men Future/family members.
    Penance's backstory ain't simple either, I grant you, but it's easy enough to grasp/summarise the deal with Penance compared to Monet's sisters. Maybe you age them up but to portray severe autism respectfully and explain why they're in a story after all this time, that's a big ask for two characters people aren't exactly champing at the bit for, even if I do take your point that they are PoCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Penance's backstory ain't simple either, I grant you, but it's easy enough to grasp/summarise the deal with Penance compared to Monet's sisters. Maybe you age them up but to portray severe autism respectfully and explain why they're in a story after all this time, that's a big ask for two characters people aren't exactly champing at the bit for, even if I do take your point that they are PoCs.
    Anything can be done with a writer who is willing to do it. The sister's are rarely used so that means you can do a lot with them. What is so hard with making them usable in 2019?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Maybe HOPEFULLY They'll be some insight on Gen X as its the ONLY X-Team not to be featured on this cover?
    I need more Monet & Husk!

Of course senior characters will get more attention, but I am antsy for some covers for Monet.

I don't think it'd be too much to have at least 2. lol

whatta ya mean what's the difficulty with their story in 2019 ? at any rate they definitely aren't more difficult than Penance backstory and I am sick and tired if being sick and tired with the same homogenized looking X-Men Future/family members.
    Maybe they mean Claudette's Autism. Her just going into trances & staring into space. Maybe that would be considered offensive today / inaccurate so they opt not to show her.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-13-2019 at 05:01 PM.

Well considering those were just stereotypes and not accurate portrayals of autism, I hope a writer would care to portray Claudette in a positive and realistic light.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    but we've already been told the M-twins backstory. The "real" Penance has been in what all of 10 issues? and we've yet to have even a thought bubble from her.

was her autism extreme? and that could be explained/reduced Claudette somehow received Monets time as Penance and suffering with PTSD
    versatility is awesome in comics when it's well written and the twins are: mutants+magic users (?) something only Pixie forge, and Magik can claim.
    As to why they're in the story in addition to their unique abilities whats wrong with the tried and true reason: Young Mutants who need training using their powers??

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Anything can be done with a writer who is willing to do it. The sister's are rarely used so that means you can do a lot with them. What is so hard with making them usable in 2019?
    they black.
    lol

Cebulski has introduced Penance/Hollow in his series "Loners". I am sure he loves that character. Maybe He could get her back in comics now he is the Senior Vice President of Marvel Comics.

Penance....

I Saw that too...Does make things a bit shady.

It could simply be a callback to GenX for older fans. Or something more sinister is going on. May explain why we're seeing so little of her in promo material or variants. Again, even Husk has appeared on more covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I Saw that too...Does make things a bit shady.

It could simply be a callback to GenX for older fans. Or something more sinister is going on. May explain why we're seeing so little of her in promo material or variants. Again, even Husk has appeared on more covers.
    I just noticed that Generation X #1 is listed as her first appearance and not Uncanny X-men 316 so it does seem deliberate although this could be an error as they messed up Warren's there too

eta: I seemed to have confused myself with the original Penance/M switcheroo. Scratch what I just wrote...lol
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-17-2019 at 06:21 AM.

Maybe it's M-Twins, M and Penance combined. Like they are dong with Steel Majik.

I quite like the name Penance. It's a nice throwback. It is a better codename than M.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Does this mean that Penny has gone back to being called Hollow?

For the people who are Monet fans... who are you fans of? The twins from Generation X before 40? Or Penance? The character is really confusing to me. I've only read the first 20 or so issues of Generation X and I love Monet in it, but I guess I haven't actually read the real Monet?
    Last edited by Strong Girl Daken; 07-17-2019 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    For the people who are Monet fans... who are you fans of? The twins from Generation X 40? Or Penance? The character is really confusing to me. I've only read the first 20 or so issues of Generation X and I love Monet in it, but I guess I haven't actually read the real Monet?
    I view them as one person. I know they arent but I reference both when I talk about Monet. It was explained that the twins were a perfect replica of Monet (save the bouts of autism), down to her personality and all their actions are what she would have done, so that was enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    For the people who are Monet fans... who are you fans of? The twins from Generation X before 40? Or Penance? The character is really confusing to me. I've only read the first 20 or so issues of Generation X and I love Monet in it, but I guess I haven't actually read the real Monet?
    It rally depends on what you go for. From what I recall, the M-Twins were a bit nicer. Whereas real Monet was much more obnoxious lol

Like one scene where she's wearing big goofy glasses. That M-twins M. But I can't see real M going for that. lol