Page 15 of 75 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post
    Yes! I am glad I was not the only one to pick up on that line that Doom said being very similar to Julian's version of Doom in F4: ROTSS...

Big Bang Cannons are just too freaking awesome for words...Doom always go for the big finish...I am personally loving what Slott has done with Doom so far...maybe I am just easier to please lol
    I think he does get the dialog, etc. I'm just worried about what the outcome is for this first arc.

#ITrustTheBeard
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Next week the issue will be out and maybe will see a preview by the weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed it's worth reading.

I see where the Marvel May solicitations are out and there is only a Doom reprint story but it is a good one in Iron Man #150.

So how is this Invaders thing looking for Namor? Is it worth getting?
    I loved the first issue. It's been so long since we had a solid, thoughtful book about Namor. I think this second issue is going to spread the love to the rest of the Invaders. I'm only nervous about the whole "everything you knew about Namor was wrong" that's coming up.

I hope that Iron Man / Doom reprint is better handled than the FF Marvel Tales one was. For $8, they could at least get the page order right. Of course, I've already got that story in my hardcover Doomquest.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    One does wonder if Doom does have a reputation throughout the cosmos. Thanos, Galactus, the Beyonders, the Silver Surfer for sure are well acquainted with him.

and here's a link to the preview for Fantastic Four #7 at AIPT. artist Aaron Kuder is really doing excellent work in his debut issues on the FF. And it is good to see Boris mentioned again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Anyway, BORIS deserves an Infinity Gauntlet or something. Wonder what that guy's pension looks like.
    I love that we get a Boris showing! He definitely deserves a raise.

Great preview!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I loved the first issue. It's been so long since we had a solid, thoughtful book about Namor. I think this second issue is going to spread the love to the rest of the Invaders. I'm only nervous about the whole "everything you knew about Namor was wrong" that's coming up.

I hope that Iron Man / Doom reprint is better handled than the FF Marvel Tales one was. For $8, they could at least get the page order right. Of course, I've already got that story in my hardcover Doomquest.

I love that we get a Boris showing! He definitely deserves a raise.

Great preview!
    I'll have to check out this Invaders series. I hope it does lead to a SVTU team up like you brought up in another post. We don't have enough Doom/Namor meetings these days. And now that we've seen Boris, even if it is only a flashback, I hope Kristoff makes an appearance someday.

I remember I got one of the first Doom tpbs a while back as a gift, the Villainy of Doctor Doom. It had the pages out of order in Fantastic Four #40, where Daredevil helps the FF in their fight with Doom. I do have another early tpb called Iron Man vs Doctor Doom with those time travel stories collected. The cover artist is Julie Bell.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Re: Doom 2099 figures

There was one. It was a heroclix model.
    Heroclix Doom 2099 #007.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Thanks Doomscribe. Did they have any other Doom 2099 characters? I imagine finding a Doom2099 Heroclix would be pretty hard these days.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-24-2019 at 10:34 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Re: Doom 2099 figures

There was one. It was a heroclix model.
    Heroclix Doom 2099 #007.jpg
    Oh cool, never actually seen that before. Heroclix was always a great source to see some more relatively obscure Marvel characters and alternative costumes. Not exactly an action figure but where 2099 is concerned take what you can get.

There was also a Kristoff in heroclix.
    Heroclix Kristoff #026.jpg

And a Secret Wars (original) Dr Doom in heroclix
    Heroclix Dr Doom Secret Wars #218.jpg

Sadly, no other Doom 2099 figures. But I did make one that wasn't half bad. Not half good either, but it was a first try.
    IMG_2531.jpg

Lots of Doom 2099 customs from various platforms are out there also. But sadly, no others from Marvel.
    "Because ... I am Doom

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Sadly, no other Doom 2099 figures. But I did make one that wasn't half bad. Not half good either, but it was a first try.
    IMG_2531.jpg
    That looks quite good. Not perfect but still clearly the Doom 2099 design. What did you use as a base for your figure? I assume it was a normal Doctor Doom figure of some sort.

I do wish that they would do both the dark blue/silver and the red/silver President Doom 2099 armors but I guess that hopes are slim for that. I didn't know there was a Heroclix Kristoff. The only merchandise I've seen with Kristoff is this cloth banner I found on eBay years ago. It was mislabed as Doom vs the Fantatastic Four and I guess that is correct since Kristoff did think he was Doom. But Kristoff was seldom shown wearing a cape. And She-Hulk was a member of the FF when Doom was presumed dead.

This was where I started for the Doom 2099 custom figure:
    Dr Doom 10 inch.jpg

The Big Ten Inch Dr. Doom ... !

This was probably one of the earliest Dr. Doom figures after the Secret Wars toys, and the basic sculpt was repeated in smaller versions including the shooting arm Dr Doom and die-cast metal Dooms. His head was a hard rubber type compound, the rest plastic including the removable cape. The custom required grinding down the skirt and adding bits of putty to flair out the boots and add the shoulder plates.
    Last edited by DoomScribe; 02-25-2019 at 08:30 PM.
    "Because ... I am Doom

BANNED

Well then, two Doom centric stories this week! Not a bad turn of events, at least in principle. Here are my brief (spoiler free) thoughts after reading each issue:

Marvel Comics Presents #2
    Don't bother picking this one up, complete waste of time. Doom only appears in one page, at the end of the story. The rest is just Reed Richards hamming it up in a fairly generic Cold War espionage story, nobody even goes into space.

Fantastic Four #7

This was a much better outing for Doom. Although, I'm sure fans of the Fantastic Four will be unhappy about this one. Since Doom contrives numerous ways for the Fantastic Four to look stupid, all for the benefit of Latveria while broadcast live to the whole world.

Thanks Kintor. I was curious about that Marvel Comics Presents so that is a bit disappointing. But the good thing is that puts aside my worry that the story would make Victor a dupe of the Soviets or something.

FF was definitely good for Victor. He lived up to his name...
    spoilers:
    by capturing Galactus!
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, I did think it was a good take down. But the part that I don't get is where Doom proclaims the Fantastic Four have to be sentenced to death. They've been in and out of Latveria plenty of times with no threat of a death sentence. So I'm thinking there must be something more to it than that.

I'm disappointed in the fact that he hasn't had any interaction with Valeria yet.