Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Keanu as Doom is an interesting choice. The real problem is why would you want an actor with such a distinctive face to hide it behind a mask for the majority of the time, and on top of that, as a villain in another movie where he's not the lead?

To be honest...I actually think Keanu Reeves would be a legit better choice as Namor the Submariner. It's basically him being Point Break all the time. You need an actor who can be likable and watchable and be a total asshole most of the time, since that's what Namor is as a character (fascinating and entertaining asshole). Keanu Reeves when he plays heroes or good guys whether in Matrix or John Wick has an edge to him, so you can imagine him as Namor totally. The only problem with Namor is that if you get Keanu you are gonna want to give him his own movie and Marvel, I believe, still doesn't have rights for a solo Namor movie.

I don't think introducing Doctor Doom as a villain to Black Panther is the best approach to be honest.

I did see one of these youtube stories on this late this afternoon. The narrator (can't remember when comic book site it was ) did point out that at this point, there could be a lot of "spitballing" going on while working on the scripts. Ideas getting tossed around, etc. Isn't BP 2 scheduled for 2022? They should be getting close to a final script.

If Doom does appear in BP2, I think I would rather see Doom introduced only as someone pulling the strings in the background and not entering the fray personally.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-30-2019 at 09:02 AM.