Page 10 of 75 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    So I picked up Marvel Comics Presents #1 which came out last week. It's an anthology series with three stories in the issue. The first story was with Wolverine, the second with Namor and the third with Captain America. Now, Doom does not appear in any of these stories. Normally, I just glance at the books in the local comic shop, but I usually don't buy unless there's a Doom appearance (my focus is very narrow these days).

But ....

The Wolverine story is either very derivative of a certain Latverian just by coincidence, or it may end up ... It's a continuing story, so there will be other issues. It starts in France, during WWII, with a woman who appears to be gypsy (though not called out as such), who has a young daughter (not named), and is held captive by Nazi's, who want her to summon a demon. Which she does reluctantly. The Nazis are beset by an American troop that includes Logan, and a demon emerges as the woman is shot. The demon begins to kill everyone there. Only with Wolverine's help does she banish the demon. The woman dies, and only the daughter is left.

So, what if the daughter is Cynthia, Doom's mother? There are of course other gypsy women who she could turn out to be (or maybe related to), but I'm going to keep following this story to see what follows.

ds
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That would be an interesting addition to Doom's family history if true. I got that comic too and to tell the truth I skipped to the Sub-Mariner story, which I liked. I usually pass on Wolverine stories. I'll be getting the next issue now.
    Heh. I did the same. ;p

But that's an interesting take, DoomScribe. Though, I think Doom has avoided falling into Wolverine stories in the past, hasn't he? I liked Wolvie far more when he wasn't part of everyone's history.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Wolverine (vol 2) 19 Dec-89 "Heroes & Villains" Acts of Vengeance, one panel no dialogue Wolverine battles Tiger Shark
    Wolverine (vol 2) 148 Mar-00 "Same as it Never Was" Doombot fights the alternate FF (Wolverine, Spidey, Ghost Rider, Hulk)
    Wolverine (vol 3) 71 Mar-09 "Old Man Logan, Part 6" one panel cameo, no dialogue Future Doom/alternate future;

But you're right, considering how long Logan has been alive, and having been to Europe during WWII, it is certainly possible that they would have crossed paths. But Wolverine never really needed a Dr. Doom appearance to bump sales, either.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Wolverine (vol 2) 19 Dec-89 "Heroes & Villains" Acts of Vengeance, one panel no dialogue Wolverine battles Tiger Shark
    Wolverine (vol 2) 148 Mar-00 "Same as it Never Was" Doombot fights the alternate FF (Wolverine, Spidey, Ghost Rider, Hulk)
    Wolverine (vol 3) 71 Mar-09 "Old Man Logan, Part 6" one panel cameo, no dialogue Future Doom/alternate future;

But you're right, considering how long Logan has been alive, and having been to Europe during WWII, it is certainly possible that they would have crossed paths. But Wolverine never really needed a Dr. Doom appearance to bump sales, either.
    Certainly True about Wolverine. Another appearance where they really didn't interact much, was in the Fantastic Four vs X-Men

I remember that last appearance in Old Man Logan. I kind of smiled when it was revealed that Doom was in charge of the territory in the Midwest. And he IIRC he was married to Emma Frost.

Also, don't forget Marvel Comics Presents #100. Doom & Wolverine, along with Ghost Rider, were all brought together by Nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Also, don't forget Marvel Comics Presents #100. Doom & Wolverine, along with Ghost Rider, were all brought together by Nightmare.
    I'd have to check but I don't think I have that one...except was that the one where he kept them from getting a good night's sleep or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Iron Maiden, and anyone living near Chicago, it looks like Alex Ross is going to display his art from Marvelocity at The Dunn Museum in Libertyville -- opening March 9. It will run through Sept. 9. You guys are so lucky!

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/201...-book-art.html
    Thanks for the heads up. That's a nice long window of time to see that.

Mighty Member

I Read the latest "Marvel Knights" comic: seems that the Doctor Doom killed by Wilson Fisk was a Doombot. It's a little more realistic Doom.jpg
    Last edited by lordozone; 01-30-2019 at 06:28 PM.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

I'd have to check but I don't think I have that one...except was that the one where he kept them from getting a good night's sleep or something?
    Correct. Doom was haunted by dreams of his childhood. He then resolved to rid himself of Nightmare and gain control over all subconscious fears. Because of their strong conditioning, Ghost Rider & Wolverine were brought in to aid Doom in his quest.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 01-30-2019 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Iron Maiden, and anyone living near Chicago, it looks like Alex Ross is going to display his art from Marvelocity at The Dunn Museum in Libertyville -- opening March 9. It will run through Sept. 9. You guys are so lucky!

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/201...-book-art.html
    Awesome. Alex Ross is one of my favorite artists. Totally looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    I Read the latest "Marvel Knights" comic: seems that the Doctor Doom killed by Wilson Fisk was a Doombot. It's a little more realistic Doom.jpg
    That's the conclusion I came to also. This series was really kind of a mess to me. If it was supposed to be a tribute to the all the Marvel Knights series it failed. I just didn't get the point of why they wanted everyone's memories wiped. I guess it was just so dull I really didn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Correct. Doom was haunted by dreams of his childhood. He then resolved to rid himself of Nightmare and gain control over all subconscious fears. Because of their strong conditioning, Ghost Rider & Wolverine were brought in to aid Doom in his quest.
    Thanks. I may check to see if I still have that.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

I'd forgotten about Marvel Comics Presents. Doom appeared in three issues, the first in #48 featured Doom and Storm in a separate story from Wolverine's story.
    Marvel Comics Presents 48 back.jpg
    Marvel Comics Presents #75 ends up being a dream of Franklin Richards. From April 1991.

Marvel Comics Presents 100 pg4.jpg
    Marvel Comics Presents #100 was also in the dream realm featuring Nightmare, with Wolverine and Ghost Rider. Sadly, it ended up with a promise of a rematch with Nightmare, that never materialized.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Doom gets a mention and his tech is used in The Superior Spider-Man #2.
    spoilers:
    Terrax the former Herald of Galactus landed in San Francisco the previous issue and is laying waste to it when confronted by Otto Octavius, now in a cloned body of Peter Parker assuming the name Elliot Tolliver. After a long battle, Octavius instructed Anna Maria Marconi, his business and romantic partner while he was posing as Peter Parker in his body, to bring a specific Doom tech to the battlefield. Marconi dropped a power cosmic stealing harness on Terrax, the very same type of device that Doom used to drain the Silver Surfer's power way back. Octavius successfully used the harness to drain part of Terrax's power into himself.

BTW, Octavius called Doom a "drop-out."
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Doom gets a mention and his tech is used in The Superior Spider-Man #2.
    spoilers:
    Terrax the former Herald of Galactus landed in San Francisco the previous issue and is laying waste to it when confronted by Otto Octavius, now in a cloned body of Peter Parker assuming the name Elliot Tolliver. After a long battle, Octavius instructed Anna Maria Marconi, his business and romantic partner while he was posing as Peter Parker in his body, to bring a specific Doom tech to the battlefield. Marconi dropped a power cosmic stealing harness on Terrax, the very same type of device that Doom used to drain the Silver Surfer's power way back. Octavius successfully used the harness to drain part of Terrax's power into himself.

BTW, Octavius called Doom a "drop-out."
    end of spoilers
    Otto's got that wrong, Doom was expelled. Interesting how those who dis him sure like to use his tech

iMan 42s

Otto's got that wrong, Doom was expelled. Interesting how those who dis him sure like to use his tech
    What's weird is that Otto would know Doom didn't finish his education in America and yet has no idea that the part of the blown up college was Doom's fault hence the expulsion (how did he miss an explosion pre-suoerhuman boom New York?). If I'm not mistaken the writer put that out there that in Otto's mind that's what makes him feel superior over Victor because he actually has a degree...., except Doom does. This was even backed up in Infamous Iron man.

I'm also curious if Otto feels superior over just what exactly that degree was in because Otto was a radiologist prior to becoming Doctor Octopus. Yes he does have some engineering knowledge because he made the arms himself, but he was specifically a radiologist.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    What's weird is that Otto would know Doom didn't finish his education in America and yet has no idea that the part of the blown up college was Doom's fault hence the expulsion (how did he miss an explosion pre-suoerhuman boom New York?). If I'm not mistaken the writer put that out there that in Otto's mind that's what makes him feel superior over Victor because he actually has a degree...., except Doom does. This was even backed up in Infamous Iron man.

I'm also curious if Otto feels superior over just what exactly that degree was in because Otto was a radiologist prior to becoming Doctor Octopus. Yes he does have some engineering knowledge because he made the arms himself, but he was specifically a radiologist.
    And we can always be flexible at what point Doom was expelled since no story has pinned that one down. He could have been a senior. Genius doesn't need a piece of paper. DaVinci didn't have one. I always thought that since we saw Doom traveling through time to learn from past masters of magic in Iron Man #149 that he could have done the same searching for other knowledge, etc.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

It looks like Super Villain Team Up is on at Marvel Puzzle Quest!

Now if I only could figure out how to play this game. LOL!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?