Page 22 of 75 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I really miss that too, Abe.

I'm going to agree with the chorus of those who are not liking where Slott is taking this. I can accept a backsliding Doom who does revert to the old ways but I was really hoping that he'd keep some of the elements that Bendis had to his story. He was at times doing it for the wrong reasons and admitted as much to Amara. But he really wanted to get away from a lot the elements of his old life. By the way, I wonder if we will ever see Amara again. She still hasn't shown up anywhere.
    I'm inclined to think that Amara isn't coming back. This hard reset of Doom's status quo that Marvel is doing right now doesn't have room for a character like Amara.

That is unless Doom suddenly needs another set of human skin armour...

Also, there's the whole issue of Doom's unborn child. Which I can only guess Marvel would rather pretend didn't happen.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    I'm inclined to think that Amara isn't coming back. This hard reset of Doom's status quo that Marvel is doing right now doesn't have room for a character like Amara.

That is unless Doom suddenly needs another set of human skin armour...

Also, there's the whole issue of Doom's unborn child. Which I can only guess Marvel would rather pretend didn't happen.
    Which if that were true, just leads me to wonder why editorial would approve a fairly significant development if they didn't want it to happen. Maybe Bendis surprised them with his announcement to leave for DC? I don't know if we ever found out the reason for that and I don't know his arrangement. Did he have a contract that ran out and didn't get renewed?

I just think it is a bit of a betrayal of the conclusion to Secret Wars that Doom has reverted to attacking Reed. I had hoped it that last scene where he is realizing his face had been restored showed that the past was dead.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-22-2019 at 07:09 AM.

BANNED

My bigger problem is turning Galactus into a jobber like that. I can buy Dr. Doom doing that only in situations like Hickman's Secret Wars where he's God Emperor of the Multiverse. I can't buy him doing that in the pages of a monthly ongoing, it diminishes the Devourer of Worlds. I hope that Galactus is made into an impostor later on.

Heck they might well make this Doom into a doombot...

iMan 42s

Which if that were true, just leads me to wonder why editorial would approve a fairly significant development if they didn't want it to happen. Maybe Bendis surprised them with his announcement to leave for DC? I don't know if we ever found out the reason for that and I don't know his arrangement. Did he have a contract that ran out and didn't get renewed?

I just think it is a bit of a betrayal of the conclusion to Secret Wars that Doom has reverted to attacking Reed. I had hoped it that last scene were he is realizing his face had been restored showed that the past was dead.
    Worst fears are likely to be realized for the current arc. Dan Slott hasn't really been known to hang onto good ideas and whatever big idea he's trying to push with Victor using Galactus as a power-source is going to come up short as most of his others. Worst yet is that a mobile game spoiled what little we can get out of Victorious, the delays didn't help, and we know Galactus is going to be fine because he's in Doctor Strange.

Victor is pretty much only here because of the same reason Green Goblin is at the end of Superior Spider-man, you need a final boss. People know Victor, people know the conflict, it doesn't matter how nonsensical the encounter is, you put him there because you know it will get people to buy the title. And because the book is back you can sell that nostalgia boner by using Victor as a flat-out villain again.

I don't know who to blame here. Do I blame Marvel Two In One for suggesting foul play? Or do I blame Dan Slott because he couldn't be bothered to use anybody else for a cosmic powered plot despite a dozen of the FF's rogues being cosmically empowered. Now I should't be surprised he just can't leave anything be, this is the same writer who sells with controversy, but you'd think he'd let the marketing opportunity present itself considering how often he tries to do that on other titles.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I know most of Doom's detractors will probably tell you that after all that has happened with SW and Infamous that Doom is simply reverting to form with Reed. Don't get me wrong. I doubt that he would ever consider Reed a bosom buddy but one key thing is missing here. We've not seen him meet up with Valeria since she's been back. And I think he would act with restraint concerning Reed if only for her sake. And it's not like they haven't had some alliances in the past, like when they teamed up against the Dreaming Celestial back in Claremont's Fantastic Four. Doom literally dragged Reed away to go off and figure out a way to beat him.

I can see Doom carrying a grudge about the memory wipe Reed gave him. It does show a cold side of Reed if he thought it was a good idea to not let Ben and Johnny know he and the family were all safe.

And you're right Revolutionary Jack. Galactus should be left alone for a while. Too many bad developments IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Worst fears are likely to be realized for the current arc. Dan Slott hasn't really been known to hang onto good ideas and whatever big idea he's trying to push with Victor using Galactus as a power-source is going to come up short as most of his others. Worst yet is that a mobile game spoiled what little we can get out of Victorious, the delays didn't help, and we know Galactus is going to be fine because he's in Doctor Strange.

Victor is pretty much only here because of the same reason Green Goblin is at the end of Superior Spider-man, you need a final boss. People know Victor, people know the conflict, it doesn't matter how nonsensical the encounter is, you put him there because you know it will get people to buy the title. And because the book is back you can sell that nostalgia boner by using Victor as a flat-out villain again.

I don't know who to blame here. Do I blame Marvel Two In One for suggesting foul play? Or do I blame Dan Slott because he couldn't be bothered to use anybody else for a cosmic powered plot despite a dozen of the FF's rogues being cosmically empowered. Now I should't be surprised he just can't leave anything be, this is the same writer who sells with controversy, but you'd think he'd let the marketing opportunity present itself considering how often he tries to do that on other titles.
    Yeah, I don't know where to place the blame either. With this news that Hickman is working with Marvel again, maybe we should hope for him to get a chance to use Doom in this new title. So maybe it's a good thing that Slott pulled out the ace early on....now this should set Doom loose from the Fantastic Four for a while.

Yeah, I don't know where to place the blame either. With this news that Hickman is working with Marvel again, maybe we should hope for him to get a chance to use Doom in this new title. So maybe it's a good thing that Slott pulled out the ace early on....now this should set Doom loose from the Fantastic Four for a while.

Well maybe i am in the minority here but I am enjoying Slott's run on F4...I love the focus on Latveria, I love that in Doom's sense of honor, he feels taking Galactus and using him as a cosmic siphon to power Latveria and humiliating the F4 to show that he means business....sacrifices have to be made...

Well lets be honest...Galactus may be the Devourer of Worlds and is a power house but Doom needs to be re-established as Marvel's premier villain if not comicdoms villain and he taking down Galactus just shows that Doom can do anything he puts his mind to...I personally love it...then again I am a Doom junkie....

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    My bigger problem is turning Galactus into a jobber like that. I can buy Dr. Doom doing that only in situations like Hickman's Secret Wars where he's God Emperor of the Multiverse. I can't buy him doing that in the pages of a monthly ongoing, it diminishes the Devourer of Worlds. I hope that Galactus is made into an impostor later on.

Heck they might well make this Doom into a doombot...
    Well lets be honest...Galactus may be the Devourer of Worlds and is a power house but Doom needs to be re-established as Marvel's premier villain if not comicdoms villain and he taking down Galactus just shows that Doom can do anything he puts his mind to...I personally love it...then again I am a Doom junkie....

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post
    Well maybe i am in the minority here but I am enjoying Slott's run on F4...I love the focus on Latveria, I love that in Doom's sense of honor, he feels taking Galactus and using him as a cosmic siphon to power Latveria and humiliating the F4 to show that he means business....sacrifices have to be made...
    We'll have to agree to disagree. I prefer to see growth in the character. He can still be a badass but he doesn't need to hold this grudge against Reed anymore. Slott is regressing the character IMO. He should be past this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post
    Doom already did that in Secret Wars. And that was a huge deal. Galactus is likewise a villain separate from Doom and deserves respect. You should never build up one great villain at the expense of another.

and I think Galactus has had too much abuse of the character. There's a whole universe out there. He should not be so Earth bound lately.

BANNED

Doom already did that in Secret Wars. And that was a huge deal. Galactus is likewise a villain separate from Doom and deserves respect. You should never build up one great villain at the expense of another.
    I guess you never read the Onslaught event...lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    I guess you never read the Onslaught event...lol.
    I have not in fact read that. I was told that's not a great story...

BANNED

I have not in fact read that. I was told that's not a great story...
    Onslaught was supposed to be the Galactus of x men villains. He had everyone on the run and beaten. It took every major earth hero, Doom, a deaged/amnesiac Magneto, and sacrifices for his terror campaign to end. Alot of huge names took a beating for Onslaught to thrive.