Page 29 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Here is a tantalizing bit of unpublished Doom history. Possibly even Doom 2099. I follow a Facebook account 2099 Bytes and it had a link to Heritage Auctions for a an unpublished page featuring Doctor Doom or very possibly Doom 2099 and Doctor Strange. It's hard to tell what the story was about from just these two pages and the artist Bill Jaaska passed away in 2009 at age 48. It's too bad there's no information known on this piece. The artist is one I am not familiar with but it makes me said to say he died alone in a rooming house in Milwaukee. His life story was a very tragic one, as noted on this blog.

We can see that this was a talented artist and it is sad to know that he may have had vision problems that cut his career short.

This is quite a fascinating image. It looks like the first gen Doom 2099 armour but I don't recall any future counterpart of Doctor Strange appearing in the 2099 universe. Moreover, it looks like classic Strange, not an extreme 90s spin on the character. Judging by the geometric backgrounds in those panels it looks as though this scene could be another virtual reality simulation, a few issues of Doom 2099 revolved around that concept. But without seeing more pages from this lost story it remains speculation on my part.

Also, it's heartbreaking to learn about the career and eventual fate of Bill Jaaska. Vision loss is not an affliction I would wish upon anybody, least of all an up and coming artist. I can only wonder what he might have achieved had his ambitions not been cut short but something beyond his control.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Some more encouraging news about a possible sooner rather than later Doom debut in the MCU. The Business Insider got some interesting input from directors Anthony and Joe Russo (who have said they are taking a break from the MCU for a while) when asked about things that would bring them back to the MCU.

"We love Marvel, we have the most amazing working relationship with them, and we're very close with them," Anthony Russo told Business Insider. "Maybe there will be an idea that comes up in the future, but there is none now."
    Joe Russo added: "It's just about finding the right story that inspires us. That's why we get out of bed every day."

"I love Ben Grimm from the Fantastic Four," Joe Russo said. "Doctor Doom was always one of my favorite villains."

Could they be dropping some heavy hints for Marvel Studios exec Kevin Feige? We know he as a copy of Noah Hawley's script for a Doctor Doom solo movie.

Could they be dropping some heavy hints for Marvel Studios exec Kevin Feige? We know he as a copy of Noah Hawley's script for a Doctor Doom solo movie.
    I don't think that Marvel will release a Doom solo movie it would be too good to be real, Doom is one of the top villains in the marvel universe but sadly not much know between the general population and marvel is making his movies thinking in the general public's since is a bigger target.

But it seems to be a good indicator that Doom could be included in the next phase of marvel universe, maybe as a new main villain in a similar way that Thanos was built slowly before entering in scene and causing massive damage.

I would like to see Doom presented as a character outside the fantastic four for a change.

iMan 42s

Doctor Doom should not be introduced in a Fantastic Four film. Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Iron man (yes really), Captain America, or even a Thor film would work.

I'm just sick of the same song and dance with Doom that before the inevitable arrival of the FF Doom should have a presence. The FF should accentuate his backstory not be critical to it because he does far too much outside of them. He's honestly better than that than to have him wasted on the same limp dick motivation he had before. You can't tell Doom's backstory in one film, we have four films as proof of that.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

It would be a good move to introduce Doom into the MCU before the FF, establish him and Latveria as this weird European North Korea like state (in terms of mystery/secrecy) and have Doom's backstory trickled out along the way. Him having known the other big-brains throughout the years, Pym, Stark and Reed Richards, who could be introduced as a cameo/flashback. It would be even more interesting to have Doom and Latveria introduced, and some of these characters don't learn until later that this strange monarch, seemingly with shadow influence all over the place, is actually someone many of them knew as college students. At first he's this menacing new threat in the MCU, an unknown player, Latveria is incredibly secretive and closed off, yet over time people figure out who he is and it adds more emotional depth to his involvement. You still have the Pyms, Banner, Thunderbolt Ross, connections to both Stark Jr and Sr, and even Reed Richards if they plan to add the FF to the mix. He could have former connections to all of these characters, as well as organizations less noble, like Hydra.

The real question for the MCU would be, what does Doom want? Surely the events of InfinityWar/Endgame would be enough to make Doom be more active and visible in the MCU. Maybe a more aggressive version of "a suit of armor around the world", with Doom as it's sole leader of course.

What we DON'T need is ANOTHER "origin story". Even as a comic fan these are so tiresome in every new film, I know they are to many non-comic fans. They need to introduce Doom and Latveria as already established parts of the MCU and give us the origins after, as you go along.
    Last edited by Doombot; 05-10-2019 at 07:45 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    I don't think that Marvel will release a Doom solo movie it would be too good to be real, Doom is one of the top villains in the marvel universe but sadly not much know between the general population and marvel is making his movies thinking in the general public's since is a bigger target.

But it seems to be a good indicator that Doom could be included in the next phase of marvel universe, maybe as a new main villain in a similar way that Thanos was built slowly before entering in scene and causing massive damage.

I would like to see Doom presented as a character outside the fantastic four for a change.
    Doom is much bigger than the Guradians of the Galaxy..a movie would do numbers.

I'd agree that Doom in the comic book world always had a larger presence than the Guardians of the Galaxy but sometimes the simpler concepts work better in films. But I am encouraged that Noah Hawley for one recognizes the complexity of the character and of course the Russo brothers also should they return for another directing job. We've not heard much from Kevin Feige himself but he's made a huge success of the MCU so far so there's that.

The parts we've read about Hawley's script so far are definitely in the right direction. I like the idea that there would be this great mystery about the character from the very start. Maybe they can use an idea that is one of a few I liked from the Heroes Reborn version of the FF, Avengers and Iron Man and that is the Knights of the Atomic Round Table. This group goes back to the college days and in the Heroes Reborn universe Reed, Tony, Hank, Bruce , Hank and Victor were all students together. Of course now that they have placed Han Paym in an earlier period of the MCU he probably would not be part of this.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-11-2019 at 12:32 PM.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I think a Doom film would be absolutely perfect and a great direction for the MCU to go. That way, when the inevitable Secret Wars film arrives, the Beyonder will genuinely appear to be the “big bad”, only for Doom to swoop in last minute.

psst.

https://twitter.com/CianTormey/statu...20757103292417

Looks like Malekith tried to invade Latveria. Presumably it goes poorly.

Hey, thanks for the heads up, Raye. I was wondering where Doom would appear next after the Fantastic Four. I wish this War of Realms arc would lead to a renewing of the alliance with Namor. They need to get back together since the MU hasn't been treating either of them too well these days. I just checked out the artist's Twitter profile and he's obviously a huge Doom fan!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-12-2019 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I think a Doom film would be absolutely perfect and a great direction for the MCU to go. That way, when the inevitable Secret Wars film arrives, the Beyonder will genuinely appear to be the “big bad”, only for Doom to swoop in last minute.
    I wish this forum had a LIKE button. One thing we have to remember to is that Russo brothers have said they're fans of Secret Wars.....I wonder which one they prefer though? I think the Hickman Battleworld concept would be spectacular if done in a movie. And the lead up with the incursions, etc would bring a mysterious new menace to the MCU

iMan 42s

A big thanks to Iron Maiden for the comment about FF merch, you reminded me to get off my ass and get the Infamous Iron man figure. So of course I decided to sit on my ass and not to drive out to the Walgreens so I just ordered mine off Amazon. It's a lazy day for me.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    psst.
    Looks like Malekith tried to invade Latveria. Presumably it goes poorly.
    Nice I was about to ask if Doom was appearing in another issue after the disastrous participation in FF, I'm eager to see how he develops in this one. I hope he totally destroys Malekith also I like how looks his mask on those sketches, like a bit more stylised.

I was wondering where Doom would appear next after the Fantastic Four. I wish this War of Realms arc would lead to a renewing of the alliance with Namor, They need to get back together since the MU hasn't been treating either of them to well these days. I just checked out the artist's Twitter profile and he's obviously a huge Doom fan!
    It is very encouraging seeing an artist being fan of Doom, maybe we can finally see a good representation on Doom who shows a true development. I don't know how will be his relationship with Namor. It was always one of my favorites (being both powerful and proud) and I was saddened when they "break up" in bad terms, but they have betrayed, tried to kill each other and insulted so frequently, to always get back together. So I don't lose hope that they can get over their more recent discussion and reignite the friendship again.
    Last edited by Coatl; 05-11-2019 at 07:33 PM.

BANNED

I wish this forum had a LIKE button. One thing we have to remember to is that Russo brothers have said they're fans of Secret Wars.....I wonder which one they prefer though? I think the Hickman Battleworld concept would be spectacular if done in a movie. And the lead up with the incursions, etc would bring a mysterious new menace to the MCU
    They are explicitly fans of Secret Wars 1984. That's why Endgame homaged the Hulk lifting the mountain cover and scene from SW#4.

Doom is more obviously the protagonist of SW'84, whereas Reed and Doom are co-leads in SW'15. Jim Shooter who wrote Doom in the first Secret Wars was always a huge Doom fanboy. He greenlit Triumph and Torment, and even did foreshadowing for that in SW'84 with Doom telling Cap he plans to use the power of the Beyonder to release his mother's soul.

I mean basically think about. Secret Wars is Marvel's first big event, one of their greatest sales successes, and it also brought a whole new generation of readers to Marvel. I mean you can actually talk of a generation of Secret Wars babies like Ta-Nehisi Coates, Chip Zdarsky, and of course the Russos who were introduced to Marvel via SW, and that means of course that Doom was the protagonist of this big representative Marvel story. So yeah, he can definitely transcend being part of the FF.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    A big thanks to Iron Maiden for the comment about FF merch, you reminded me to get off my ass and get the Infamous Iron man figure. So of course I decided to sit on my ass and not to drive out to the Walgreens so I just ordered mine off Amazon. It's a lazy day for me.
    I thought it was odd that Walgreen's was getting some of these exclusives since their toy section is ridiculously small. But I guess when you only other options are a Wal Mart or Target and they simply haven't given your product but a limited amount of space, you have to work out product distribution to other outlets.

Here is a picture I took of my Infamous Iron Man lined up with my older Doom action figures. As you can see, the earlier Marvel Legends Doctor Doom from around 2006 or so was much larger. And his cape is made of cloth. I keep them all in their packaging but am always tempted to take them out. I would only do that if I had a duplicate. Right now, the only figures I keep on display are my Bowen mini busts and Eagle Moss lead figures of various Marvel heroes and villains.

Here's a side by side