Page 66 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 ... LastLast
    iMan 42s

Frankly if something isn't getting trashed over in the X-forum I'd honestly be more surprised. I don't like saying that to be honest but generally speaking from what I've seen with the bigger X-men fans is that it gets more than a little defensive. For anything regarding Doom in X-men stuff I'm staying far away since it's not going to end well.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

While we’re on the subject of Doom's true power level I think it's worth posting an old web comic people here may not have seen before. This little skit from 8-Bit Theatre shows how even in a fight between Doom and Batman, it's ultimately Doom that emerges victorious.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    I think that Doom armors could be like Iron Man armors, not all had the same level of power and he is using them depending of what enemy he is expecting to face. That could be the reason sometimes he is able to face celestial stuff an others his armor can be ripped part for beings like She-Hulk.

Still I think that his base armor should be able to stand most kind of common ammunition and energy attacks so a regular shot shouldn't be able to trespass, I went to the theory that all the people who is attacking Doom is using some kind of special ammunition, specially Taskmaster who is expected to investigate his targets and come prepared for him.

Also I'm kind of sure that what Morgana passed to Doom was a Mask not a helmet so any non frontal attack should have passed anyway.
    I don't know. Doom has by now certainly incurred the wrath of cosmic scale beings. He knows very well that there are beings in the multiverse who can send him to the afterlife with a simple bolt from the blue...because on a few occasions now, he was one of those beings. Walking around with anything less than "Celestial threat" armor seems foolish and out of character on his part. Plus, he has Kang popping in and out of his immediate time/space environs. If Kang can do it, Doom would also consider that perhaps someone with more deadlier intentions could do the same thing. All the more reason to wear his most powerful armor at all times.

...Unless...

...There used to be an old interpretation of magic that metal disrupt the efficacy of mystical spells. Indeed, according to some myths/folklore/fables, metal is anathema to many mystical creatures. With Doom being portrayed more and more often as a sorcerer, I wonder if perhaps that explains the varying degrees of imperviousness of his armors?
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 11-24-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I don't know. Doom has by now certainly incurred the wrath of cosmic scale beings. He knows very well that there are beings in the multiverse who can send him to the afterlife with a simple bolt from the blue...because on a few occasions now, he was one of those beings. Walking around with anything less than "Celestial threat" armor seems foolish and out of character on his part. Plus, he has Kang popping in and out of his immediate time/space environs. If Kang can do it, Doom would also consider that perhaps someone with more deadlier intentions could do the same thing. All the more reason to wear his most powerful armor at all times.

...Unless...

...There used to be an old interpretation of magic that metal disrupt the efficacy of mystical spells. Indeed, according to some myths/folklore/fables, metal is anathema to many mystical creatures. With Doom being portrayed more and more often as a sorcerer, I wonder if perhaps that explains the varying degrees of imperviousness of his armors?
    Well, but also we have to take in consideration that some materials and energy sources are expensive and rare, so we can't expect that Doom maintain them 24*7, about Kang he is obviously not a threat, he acts almost friendly and Doom doesn't seem too bothered for him.

Also as has been mentioned Doom was expecting being arrested, has not sense use a let's say "vibranium empowered armor" if your enemies are going to take it away to arrest you, and surely study it, better use your simplest suit so they don't get any secret.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Amazing Member

My big purchase from Baltimore comic con finally arrived back from the frame store20191125_202212.jpg

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spike1228 View Post
    My big purchase from Baltimore comic con finally arrived back from the frame store20191125_202212.jpg

Wow..... is that print that you bought? I love how they framed it.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-25-2019 at 06:39 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Wow..... is that print that you bought? I love how they framed it.
    It's actually the original painting by Ribic. Easily my largest purchase ever, but after staring at it all weekend I had to have it. Took me forever to pick out the right frame an wait for them to get it in

It's actually the original painting by Ribic. Easily my largest purchase ever, but after staring at it all weekend I had to have it. Took me forever to pick out the right frame an wait for them to get it in
    I don't even want to ask how much you paid for that. I've only bought a few pages over the years. I've seen his price list and since this was a cover, that makes it even higher then just a page. Congratulations! Was he at the comic con in person or was it through an agency?

Amazing Member

I don't even want to ask how much you paid for that. I've only bought a few pages over the years. I've seen his price list and since this was a cover, that makes it even higher then just a page. Congratulations! Was he at the comic con in person or was it through an agency?
    It was through his art dealer. I had bought a couple pages over the weekend and got a discount on it. Honestly if it wasn't for the mrs pushing me to get it it may not have come home at the price it was at.

You sure did get a good piece of art. I like Ribic's work. I'd also love to get a Maleev Doom but he's pretty pricey too. Love his use of watercolors.

So is your wife a Doom fan also?

Amazing Member

You sure did get a good piece of art. I like Ribic's work. I'd also love to get a Maleev Doom but he's pretty pricey too. Love his use of watercolors.

So is your wife a Doom fan also?
    Shes supportive of what I like. Shes allowed the bedroom to have most of my Doom stuff in it.

Shes supportive of what I like. Shes allowed the bedroom to have most of my Doom stuff in it.
    She sounds like lovely lady...with good taste! I have my Doom pages packed away since l moved some years back. But I do have my curio cabinet with around 20 or so Marvel mini busts from Bowen Designs. Unfortunately the Doom full figure statue is packed away until l can find a spot for it

BANNED

Regarding Agent Zero ammo. Didn't he use adamantium bullets at one time? If he still does, it should be one of the few Things that can get through Dooms Armour. Or most other of the ore resilent People. One reason why they are used so sparingly^^
    Last edited by lowfyr; 11-26-2019 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Regarding Agent Zero ammo. Didn't he use adamantium bullets at one time? If he still does, it should be one of the few Things that can get through Dooms Armour. Or most other of the ore resilent People. One reason why they are used so sparingly^^
    To tell the truth, I had never heard of Agent Zero before. I guess he's mostly and X-Men character which is probably why... I've not been a big follower of those titles. What little I know of him comes from the Marvel site's character summary. Oh boy, is it every convoluted!

We've not had any updates on Doom tech like you used to see in the old Marvel Handbooks because it seems that's not a thing Marvel does anymore. So I would have to think why doesn't Doom or Tony for that matter use adamantium armor? Doom 2099 armor was made of it.

iMan 42s

I think a lot of the reason Doom doesn't use Adamantium or Vibranium is that it can be a little hard to come be. Adamantium is also really expensive to make which would be a deterrent to most seeking it. I figure which is also part of the reason why its more commonly stolen and made in such low quantities, and to that end amassed so much without usage.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.