Page 68 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1120
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spike1228 View Post
    My 6 year old has already laid claim to all my Doom stuff when I pass. She loves Doom! Attachment 89756
    She is so cute! And you have that great Sideshow Collectibles Doom. Jealous. I have the Bowen Designs one from years back, the first of it's kind I believe. But it is not nearly as big as that. There is another fan hear that got one too, Doomscribe. I think they all sold out.

I have the full figure one still boxed up since I ran out of room to display it. Here is the Bowen mini bust version of it, along with my Fantastic Four mini busts and Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    God damn, that armour is amazing! It's so 90s I love it! Maybe it's just all the hellfire but the design seems to have a certain Spawn influence. Is it too late to restart book from #1 using this armour instead?
    You are right ! That new armor by Larocca is amazing! ! It is so hard core! I can't wait to read this next week. I love that panel where Doom decks Mephisto

Thanks for posting the preview ImperiousWrecked!
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-28-2019 at 06:36 PM.

BANNED

Have people here read Spencer's 2099 Alpha One-Shot? Because that's really good.

I look forward to any Spidey-Doom showdown. Doom and Spider-Man are characters who have this connection to each other.
    -- Doom is the first rogue Spider-Man fought out of his Rogues Gallery.
    -- Spider-Man is the first non-FF hero Doom fought.

So in a way both characters helped each other in making Spider-Man a major Marvel-wide character and in making Doom the definitive Marvel-wide villain.

In general, writers who write Spider-Man well tend to also write Doom well. Gerry Conway before he wrote ASM, wrote those Doom one-shots in Tales to Astonish, including the famous one where we get the origin of Doom's mother and Doom trying every year to rescue her. Then Roger Stern wrote Triumph and Torment, all-time great Doom story, and David Michelinie wrote Emperor Doom, which is not far behind T&T.

I for one liked the previous issue, and I think this preview is shaping up well.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    You are right ! That new armor by Larocca is amazing! ! It is so hard core! I can't wait to read this next week. I love that panel where Doom decks Mephisto

Doom going to Hell and punching Mephisto reminds us two things.

1)Doom is one of the few mortals that fooled the Devil himself(or at least the closest to the Devil that MU has).That's a tremendous achievement.

2) Doom is a mortal who humiliated cosmic entities and literally became God...twice. Doom's will and appetite for power is in such levels,that it literally elevates him above mortals. That's why,in Waid's run, Reed took Victor from hell and imprison him into a pocket prison. Even Reed knew that inevitably, Doom would conquer Hell and that would make him even more powerful and dangerous to FF and the world.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

And make us forget:

1) Mephisto he used to humiliate Doom once a year in power struggles.

2) Doom defeaded Mephisto through intelligence, not strength, which means Doom isn't powerful enough to punch the Devil in the face, Doom can only overcome Mephisto with his intelligence.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    And make us forget:

2) Doom defeaded Mephisto through intelligence, not strength, which means Doom isn't powerful enough to punch the Devil in the face, Doom can only overcome Mephisto with his intelligence.
    1)Like Rocky Balboa, he learned and trained to beat the Devil himself(enter magic training montage with Dr Strange)

2)If T'Challa can puch Mephisto, why not Doom? Doom's will and awesomeness is so vast,it can alter reality and humiliate gods itself!!!
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

You're welcome! I can't wait to see more of the new armor and I wonder if he will keep it when he gets out of Hell.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Whether it's Thanos or Doom, when Mephisto shows up is there ever really any doubt in how things will turn out?

And make us forget:

Humiliate? where did you get that from? We've only seen one of the matches prior to Triumph and Torment and that was in Astonishing Tales #8. This story predates Stan Lee's creation of Mephisto in the Silver Surfer series so the entity that Doom is bargaining with has no name. The combat is with a demon that is conjured for the match and the battle ends up in a stalemate.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-29-2019 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Doom going to Hell and punching Mephisto reminds us two things.

1)Doom is one of the few mortals that fooled the Devil himself(or at least the closest to the Devil that MU has).That's a tremendous achievement.

2) Doom is a mortal who humiliated cosmic entities and literally became God...twice. Doom's will and appetite for power is in such levels,that it literally elevates him above mortals. That's why,in Waid's run, Reed took Victor from hell and imprison him into a pocket prison. Even Reed knew that inevitably, Doom would conquer Hell and that would make him even more powerful and dangerous to FF and the world.
    You are correct on all points. I always think that Doom is the god killer ( small "g" gods) of the multiverse. Maybe he was fated for that roll. I think Secret Wars 2015 is perhaps an example of that. No one else had a plan that worked against the Beyonders.

Humiliate? where did you get that from? We've only seen one of the matches prior to Triumph and Torment and that was in Astonishing Tales #8.
    Doctor Doom had one match per year, and Books of Doom shows there were a lot of marches. Am I the only one who read this stories? Am I the only one who realizes that in all this occasions Doom had a plan and he just didn't showed up kicking butts and punching faces? Did Doctor Doom become Batman?

Amazing Member

Did you all see the rumours that emerged today that Dr Doom will be the main villain of Black Panther 2, as Doom attempts to extend Latveria's borders to Africa, and comes into conflict with Wakanda.

Other rumours include Keanu Reeves as Victor Von Doom, and Like Evand and Henry Golding in the running for Namor.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHarry View Post
    Did you all see the rumours that emerged today that Dr Doom will be the main villain of Black Panther 2, as Doom attempts to extend Latveria's borders to Africa, and comes into conflict with Wakanda.

Other rumours include Keanu Reeves as Victor Von Doom, and Like Evand and Henry Golding in the running for Namor.
    Rumors of BP2 adapting Doom War is what I have seen, but I think the casting is something to disregard since there's no real basis for it. I don't think Keanu would make a good Doom, he is a good actor but not every role is good for every actor. I would love if we actually got a Romani actor for Victor for once.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHarry View Post

Keanu as Doom is an interesting choice. The real problem is why would you want an actor with such a distinctive face to hide it behind a mask for the majority of the time, and on top of that, as a villain in another movie where he's not the lead?

To be honest...I actually think Keanu Reeves would be a legit better choice as Namor the Submariner. It's basically him being Point Break all the time. You need an actor who can be likable and watchable and be a total ******* most of the time, since that's what Namor is as a character (fascinating and entertaining *******). Keanu Reeves when he plays heroes or good guys whether in Matrix or John Wick has an edge to him, so you can imagine him as Namor totally. The only problem with Namor is that if you get Keanu you are gonna want to give him his own movie and Marvel, I believe, still doesn't have rights for a solo Namor movie.

I don't think introducing Doctor Doom as a villain to Black Panther is the best approach to be honest.

Doctor Doom had one match per year, and Books of Doom shows there were a lot of marches. Am I the only one who read this stories? Am I the only one who realizes that in all this occasions Doom had a plan and he just didn't showed up kicking butts and punching faces? Did Doctor Doom become Batman?
    I don't know exactly what point you're trying to make is. And my father bought for us the Marvel comics of the week when I was a kid. So yeah, I read Astonishing Tales #8 when it first came out. So I hope that answers that question.

Now if you have been reading the Doctor Doom series you would know that the Taskmaster shot him and it appears that Doom took a fatal shot to the head. It was quite explicit since there was a lot of blood. So Doom being in Hell is not something he planned.

We know that in Astonishing Tales #8, the date is always set for the annual ritual Doom where he tries to get his mother's soul released. It is on Midsummer's Eve, which is tied to the summer solstice. It can be anywhere between June 21 - 25, depending the traditions of the cultures that observed it. So Doom would know that date but he wouldn't necessarily know what the challenge would be . As I mentioned previously, Mephisto wasn't even a character in the MU when Gerry Conway wrote the story.

We can only guess how long and how many times he tried. From Books of Doom, it appears he made the bargain right after he ousted King Vladimir. This would have to be before Franklin was born. It's very tricky to use him as a yardstick but a rought guess would be perhaps 5 or 6 times since by the late 1980's this is about the age he appears to be. It could be even 7-10 times depending on how much time passed between Doom rising to power in Latveria. Marvel timelines get very murky.