Page 73 of 75 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1120
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks for the update on the status. I wonder how the guy got his figure to do the review? I wonder if he is a shop owner...would a retailer get products in advance or something?
    Hasbro's distribution is all screwy. Plus some shops dont care about street dates.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I guess not. Wasn't it originally supposed to be out last month? You would think they would want some new product on the shelves for Christmas

BANNED

Once more unto the breach, spoiler free of course:

Spider-Man #36
    It was fun seeing Doom beat down Spider-Man for most of the issue. A few clever one-panel gags for those familiar with some of Spider-Man's most infamous stories. As a conclusion to the 2099 event though? Doesn't really deliver.

2099 Omega
    This is a terrible comic. Less like a concluding chapter and more like a #0 for a new series that is probably never going to come. Also, no elaboration on the true nature of Doom's identity here. Skip this one unless you’re a completionist.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    Once more unto the breach, spoiler free of course:

Spider-Man #36
    It was fun seeing Doom beat down Spider-Man for most of the issue. A few clever one-panel gags for those familiar with some of Spider-Man's most infamous stories. As a conclusion to the 2099 event though? Doesn't really deliver.

2099 Omega
    This is a terrible comic. Less like a concluding chapter and more like a #0 for a new series that is probably never going to come. Also, no elaboration on the true nature of Doom's identity here. Skip this one unless you’re a completionist.
    It really feels like they bungled this 2099 resurgence, sad as I am to say.

BANNED

This panel had me in stitches, and I kind of want this story to happen.

Doom Spidey Web - Spencer ASM#36.jpg

Doom and Spidey as buddy cops in dicey situation.

It's from Spencer's ASM#36.

BANNED

According to Christopher Cantwell on twitter, Kristoff might show up in the final issues of his mini.

That's great! It's about time someone used Kristoff! I am looking forward to how Cantwell sees their relationship. Hickman was always pretty positive with it and there was a parental bond there.

But are we sure that this is a mini series? I was hoping this would be an ongoing. Well, if it lasts as long as Infamous Iron Man that would be OK I guess.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    There's a new review for the Marvel Legends Doctor Doom figure. Nice that it's at 60 fps.

I'm not sure if this came out this week or last (when I didn't go), but Doom was sold out by Wednesday evening when went to my LCBS. They had the rest of the FF, though. So, start looking, folks!
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-19-2019 at 04:14 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Does anyone have any links where one can place a preorder? I've been checking amazon and walgreens on a regular basis to buy a figure but on amazon they have the whole FF set and I'm not looking to buy them all.
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 12-19-2019 at 06:22 PM.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I stopped by a few places this week, a local Gamestop and a Mejier but no new Marvel Legends figures. I hope I don't have to rely on eBay or Amazon. Their prices are jacked up. I noticed the listing on the Hasbro site says they are sold out and the limit was 2 per order. I hope scalpers didn't grab a bunch of them. There has to be some at the retail level available somewhere. Gamestop's online store says they are due to ship on December 23 and looks like you can order them there but they are a bit higher than the $19.99 and selling for $24.99
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-19-2019 at 07:04 PM.

iMan 42s

We have a Walgreens that regularly stocks Star Wars Black Series figures and Marvel Legends. They've only kept in stock Wonder Man and Eel for some reason.
    Like I enjoy Wonder man and all, but why these two they keep I have no idea. Like I genuinely forgot Eel made recent appearance let alone was a legacy character.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

I went ahead and placed an order for the Doom Legends figure at Gamestop. We have one very close by, and it's supposed to be available Dec. 23. I got two so I can have both heads on a figure in my display. I don't mind the extra 5 bucks, but if I find one cheaper I may buy a third to have one unboxed. No word on the POP figure but my LCBS has promised me one.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Almost forgot about this, but here is the advance solicitations for March 2020

Doctor Doom #6

CHRISTOPHER CANTWELL (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (A/C)
    SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT COVER BY MIKE MAYHEW
    After uncovering the Symkarian plot against him, Doctor Doom seeks an “insurance policy” that will ensure his reign over Latveria forever. Before he returns to his homeland to wage a one-man war on those who usurped his throne, he embarks on a covert mission to find a secret and powerful device with an unlikely ally, Kang the Conqueror—all while being pursued by mercenaries hired to kill him on sight.

Also:

HEROES REBORN: THE RETURN OMNIBUS HC
    Written by PETER DAVID, DAN JURGENS, CHRIS CLAREMONT, JOE CASEY, JOE KELLY, FABIAN NICIEZA, CHUCK DIXON, TONY BEDARD, JEPH LOEB & SEAN MCKEEVER
    Penciled by SALVADOR LARROCA, DAN JURGENS, MIKE MCKONE, MICHAEL RYAN, CHARLIE ADLARD, MARK BAGLEY, LEONARDO MANCO, PATCH ZIRCHER, CHRIS BATISTA, STEFANO CASELLI, JIM CALAFIORE, ROB LIEFELD, FILIPE ANDRADE & MORE
    Cover by BRETT BOOTH
    ON SALE JUNE 2020
    The Avengers and Fantastic Four return from the pocket dimension of “Heroes Reborn,” but the Earth they left behind still needs heroes! As waters rise and Celestials loom, will Rikki “Bucky” Barnes and her Young Allies step up — or is Doctor Doom the iron hand this ravaged planet needs? Trapped on this Counter-Earth, the disguised villains called the Thunderbolts must choose between escape or becoming heroes! And the interdimensional Exiles drop in for a visit! But when Onslaught rises, Franklin Richards returns to the original world he created — and Rikki Barnes must summon allies from the real Marvel Universe! Collecting HEROES REBORN: THE RETURN #1-4; THOR ANNUAL 1999; HEROES REBORN: DOOMSDAY, ASHEMA, MASTERS OF EVIL, REBEL, REMNANTS, YOUNG ALLIES and DOOM; FANTASTIC FOUR (1998) #25 and #31; DOOM #1-3; DOOM: THE EMPEROR RETURNS #1-3; THUNDERBOLTS (1997) #51-52, #60-62, #64, #66, #68, #70, #72 and #74; EXILES (2001) #81-82; ONSLAUGHT REBORN #1-5; ONSLAUGHT UNLEASHED #1-4; and MARVEL SPOTLIGHT: HEROES REBORN/ONSLAUGHT REBORN.
    1136 PGS./Rated T …$125.00

This has a lot of Doom mini series in the mix, plus the Thor Annual 1999 which tells what happened after Thor wrested Franklin away from Doom in Heroes Reborn #4. It's odd that they are saying it includes Fantastic Four #25 and #31 and not those issues inclusively, That is the arc where Reed is trapped in Doom's armor

If I don't see one in the stores near me by the end of the month, I am going to order my figure online too. I might even make a drive up to Three Oaks, Michigan. CollectorsZown is a fabulous little store and had a slew of comics related products

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I was hoping to see the new Doom figure listed at Wal-Mart or Target, but it doesn't appear to be there.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?