Page 74 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2464707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1120
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Oh I love that cover! I can't wait for more issues, I'm really glad that Doom is getting so much focus this year, and soon there will be the Xmen/FF mini too, with Zdarsky I'm sure Doom is going to make a showing there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I stopped by a few places this week, a local Gamestop and a Mejier but no new Marvel Legends figures. I hope I don't have to rely on eBay or Amazon. Their prices are jacked up. I noticed the listing on the Hasbro site says they are sold out and the limit was 2 per order. I hope scalpers didn't grab a bunch of them. There has to be some at the retail level available somewhere. Gamestop's online store says they are due to ship on December 23 and looks like you can order them there but they are a bit higher than the $19.99 and selling for $24.99
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    I went ahead and placed an order for the Doom Legends figure at Gamestop. We have one very close by, and it's supposed to be available Dec. 23. I got two so I can have both heads on a figure in my display. I don't mind the extra 5 bucks, but if I find one cheaper I may buy a third to have one unboxed. No word on the POP figure but my LCBS has promised me one.
    Thank you both, I will check out gamestop, I have a few near me, and keep looking online to see if they pop up anywhere else. I already had my Doom funko preordered the second it was available.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Oh I love that cover! I can't wait for more issues, I'm really glad that Doom is getting so much focus this year, and soon there will be the Xmen/FF mini too, with Zdarsky I'm sure Doom is going to make a showing there as well.

Thank you both, I will check out gamestop, I have a few near me, and keep looking online to see if they pop up anywhere else. I already had my Doom funko preordered the second it was available.
    Went by a Target today and the parking lot was way too crowded. I did check out the Barnes and Nobles toy section but they didn't have any of the new Marvel stuff. The Funko Pops were still mostly Avengers related and a few Marvel Legends like Spider-Woman and the Ant Man/Wasp combo set.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Amazon is taking preorders for the Doom POP figure. It ships by Jan 29.

Gamestop has the Hasbro Dooms arriving by Dec 23.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Amazon is taking preorders for the Doom POP figure. It ships by Jan 29.

Gamestop has the Hasbro Dooms arriving by Dec 23.
    Thanks, I will check those out. I did the the Funko Pop Doom listed on BoxLunch's website. I was at the store just this week but didn't see him there. They don't have a very large store in the local mall. They do have the Fantastic Four set of mini Pops in stock for 20 % off plus the Doom Funko Pop for $9.00

So I ordered the 4 mini Fantastic Four Mystery Pops (that is the max order there) and the Doctor Doom. You get a $5.00 anniversary discount too, which just about covered the shipping cost for me.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-21-2019 at 04:09 PM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

So I ordered 5 of the mini Fantastic Four Mystery Pops and they arrived today. Seeing as there are 12 different figures, I was holding my breath as to whether I would get a Doom. If there was no Doom in the first batch I would have to decide whether to buy another batch, or wait and try to pick one up loose on ebay. The very first one I opened was Doctor Doom! I'm never that lucky.

The other four were Reed, Sue, Johnny and a mole person.

Happy Holidays everyone!
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Merry Christmas to you too Doomscribe. I'm glad you got the Doom and it looks like he's modeled after the larger figure. I could only order 4 at BoxLunch so they should arrive on 1/3/2020, along with the regular sized Doom Pop Funko. I only paid the minimum on shipping.

And a Merry Christmas to all the Doom fans here.

Don't' forget to check out the 12 Days of Santa Doom thread!
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-24-2019 at 05:03 PM.

BANNED

Merry Christmas everyone! It's been quite an eventful year for Doom fans, let's see what 2020 can bring.

Here's something Doom fans may want from Santa Doom. Marvel / Comixology have the Epic Collections at 67% off. I picked up Emperor Doom combined with a bunch of Avengers issues for only $5.99

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Merry Christmas, fellow Doom fans!

Here's something Doom fans may want from Santa Doom. Marvel / Comixology have the Epic Collections at 67% off. I picked up Emperor Doom combined with a bunch of Avengers issues for only $5.99
    Yes, I think Comixology has that sale until New Years. I'm going to try to go through and find some Doom gems!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Yeah and for those prices, it's hard to pass up. I have the GN of Emperor Doom but having the digital to read is great too. Especially if you are on a trip and want some reading material.
    Next week we have Doctor Doom #4 to look forward to. I have to check my LCS's hours. They may have it for sale on December 31st if they are closed on the holiday

Yeah and for those prices, it's hard to pass up. I have the GN of Emperor Doom but having the digital to read is great too. Especially if you are on a trip and want some reading material.
    Next week we have Doctor Doom #4 to look forward to. I have to check my LCS's hours. They may have it for sale on December 31st if they are closed on the holiday
    Thanks for the reminder. I'll have to check with my LCBS.

Has anyone seen an announcement about the closing of the appreciation threads? I hope they forgo that nonsense, but it would be nice to get an advance heads up. Then we could 'elect' / volunteer Iron Maiden to start the thread. I'm sure she'd better at maintaining the first posts than I am. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Thanks for the reminder. I'll have to check with my LCBS.

Has anyone seen an announcement about the closing of the appreciation threads? I hope they forgo that nonsense, but it would be nice to get an advance heads up. Then we could 'elect' / volunteer Iron Maiden to start the thread. I'm sure she'd better at maintaining the first posts than I am. ;p
    Oh right. We are approaching the new year. To tell the truth, I don't think our thread needs it. The activity slowed down after all the closed off thread. I think we are on our 3rd one. We had a good one going that had 200,000 - 300,000 views and maybe 5,000 posts. Maybe I can ask the mods over on the community board what the plans are. Thing is I hope they do it after the holiday. Three of my sisters and I usually meet my brother and his wife up in Michigan on New Years Day for lunch so I will be gone until evening.

Oh right. We are approaching the new year. To tell the truth, I don't think our thread needs it. The activity slowed down after all the closed off thread. I think we are on our 3rd one. We had a good one going that had 200,000 - 300,000 views and maybe 5,000 posts. Maybe I can ask the mods over on the community board what the plans are. Thing is I hope they do it after the holiday. Three of my sisters and I usually meet my brother and his wife up in Michigan on New Years Day for lunch so I will be gone until evening.
    I agree. But there were plenty of appreciation threads that weren't large last year, that were locked. The Doom thread didn't need it, since it had already been restarted the year before. I remember one of Major Hoy's Golden Age hero threads had just been created and was only a few pages long, and it got locked down. Basically, for several days, some mod locked down any non-2019 Appreciation thread that showed up on the first page or two. And there was someone who went thru and kept bumping old appreciation threads at the same time.

Anyway, if KNOW they are going to do it again this year, we don't have to wait to the New Year. You can just start one anytime between now and the New Years, put 2020 in the Thread title, and let this one get locked.

That's a good idea. I could start it on New Year's Eve

That's a good idea. I could start it on New Year's Eve
    Got a reply from the supermod that they will be locking them all. I asked a follow up as to when it be Ok to start a new one. I want to know if they will lock them all after midnight or wait a day or two. It might take them a while since the mods are all really unpaid appointed volunteers.