Page 8 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

The MCU wouldn’t mess up Doom. They’ll be very aware people weren’t happy with his previous versions, and know he’s possibly Marvels greatest villain. There’ll be loads of pressure there.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    The MCU wouldn’t mess up Doom. They’ll be very aware people weren’t happy with his previous versions, and know he’s possibly Marvels greatest villain. There’ll be loads of pressure there.
    I think you are right. I have to say that his look and origin will be very tricky to pull off. Do they address the Fox movies with Doom and the FF at all? I'm leaning towards them just pretending they never happened in the MCU.

Two Marvel villains I thought would be difficult to pull off were Loki and the Red Skull and they exceeded my expectations. They were brave enough to let Loki have his Jack Kirby horned headpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Excellent catch!
    I'm not familiar with very many British fan publications. The only one I can recall that is a British magazine with movies, TV and comics is Empire because sometimes Barnes and Nobles carries it.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think you are right. I have to say that his look and origin will be very tricky to pull off. Do they address the Fox movies with Doom and the FF at all? I'm leaning towards them just pretending they never happened in the MCU.

Two Marvel villains I thought would be difficult to pull off were Loki and the Red Skull and they exceeded my expectations. They were brave enough to let Loki have his Jack Kirby horned headpiece.
    I'm pretty sure marvel mcu wouldn't want anyone to associate their movies with the fox ones, not when they have paid so much to have the rights back. I predict them introducing everyone new and that goes for the x-men too. Marvel mcu wants to tell their stories but I just hope they do get Doom right when they introduce him.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'm not familiar with very many British fan publications. The only one I can recall that is a British magazine with movies, TV and comics is Empire because sometimes Barnes and Nobles carries it.
    I don't know of many either. I'm thinking this is actually an FF magazine or book, though. You can see "FF Villains" on the bottom left -- but there's a glare on it and I can't make out much more.

While looking for more info, I found this amazing Doctor Doom cosplay. Can you say BLING? Check out those royal cape pins.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

That is IMPRESSIVE
    As for that Doom page, it is fairly recent since it has panels from Fall of the Hulks and Doomwar.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-14-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

holy ****
    well SOMEBODY knows how to airbrush
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

iMan 42s

I don't know of many either. I'm thinking this is actually an FF magazine or book, though. You can see "FF Villains" on the bottom left -- but there's a glare on it and I can't make out much more.

While looking for more info, I found this amazing Doctor Doom cosplay. Can you say BLING? Check out those royal cape pins.

Seeing things like this reminds me to get off my ass and continue doing Doom cosplay.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Does anyone know where this is from?

MARVEL FACT FILES, no. 10.
    Marvel Fact Files 10 pgDO-01a.jpg

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/marve...0/4000-444214/
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Thanks Doomscribe! I should have thought of those because my nieces get these. They're done by Eaglemoss, which is the British company. They also came out with the lead figures some years back then later chess pieces of Marvel and DC characters.

BANNED

That's absolutely wonderful. Wow. Great creativity from top to bottom...I never had a artistic bone in my body sadly.

https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-2-...-doom-villain/

I agree....Doom would be a great presence in Black Panther 2...Latveria being a rival technological nation to Wakanda....battle of intellects...

Maybe it's a Latverian custom to wait till the 3rd week of January to wish to the ones you care about all the best for the year to come... or I was still meditating about the concept of Doom's quest of joy (a 2018 post...) or the concept of annual appreciation threads...

Anyway Happy New Year to all!

And about tomorrow's issue if FF I honestly don't know what to think about it... And I won't add anything else to that first reading feeling... Things I like, things that puzzle me a bit... That's all!

Édit : just seen the soilcits for avril in the FF thread.

No need to comment further I guess....
    Last edited by Abe; 01-15-2019 at 05:03 PM.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Well the folks over on the F4 thread seem to have a problem with issue 9's description for April:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...ence-in-april/

Sounds like Doom gets his mega win if you go strictly by that description...BUT things are usually not that cut and dry...I have LOVED Slotts run on F4 so far....I can't wait to read todays issue!!!

Also a wonderful article from Marvel.com about Doom:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-s-biggest-foe