Page 59 of 75 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

That's sounds like the best way to handle it

One thing that I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on is how Doom looks unmasked in Larocca's panels. It looks very different from what we saw in Fantastic Four #1 where he first meets Zora

then we have this....

Could it be that Doom has been trying out various potions and mystical means to repair his face? We know Reed restored his face at the end of SW and this latest injury was not the result of some physical injury but something sorcerous perhaps done by Mephisto or whatever demon was inside the Hood's body. Before, there was no way Doom could have reparied the damage on his own.

I hope there is some follow up on this.

iMan 42s

I'm utterly convinced his inconsistent face/burns are a result of nobody having a character sheet and or Slott continuing his reverting to status-quo.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I considered that possibility also but there seems to be something going on there with those panels from Cantwell's Doom. I have to think there was a deliberate author's note to show him prepping the bandages with....something.

Marvel does have a long history of treating the nature of his original injury very inconsistently. When Stan was still writing comics, he always went to the horrific side of things. You had Dr. Don Blake, who should be used to such things, reacting like it was too horrible for him to stand....unless he was gaslighting Doom. But then you would get scenes done by other writers where there was little reaction at all, like in Wolfman's arc in 195-200. The FF barely make note of it.

I really hope this comes up in future issues of Cantwell's Doom. Could Doom be trying out things from his father's healing potions, etc.? I would imagine he still kept them or at least Boris kept them safe while he went to America.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That's sounds like the best way to handle it

One thing that I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on is how Doom looks unmasked in Larocca's panels. It looks very different from what we saw in Fantastic Four #1 where he first meets Zora

Could it be that Doom has been trying out various potions and mystical means to repair his face? We know Reed restored his face at the end of SW and this latest injury was not the result of some physical injury but something sorcerous perhaps done by Mephisto or whatever demon was inside the Hood's body. Before, there was no way Doom could have reparied the damage on his own.

I hope there is some follow up on this.
    While I totally think that the inconsistent in Dooms wounds are just the inability of the marvel staff to get consistency I like that possibility, that he has been attempting to heal himself, he is a skilled genius and magician, even if his medical knowledge is limited if his wounds are magical, why not give it a shot and try to heal them this time, he already won over mephisto before, why not a second time?

I like the approaching that Dom is doing something about those scars who bother him instead of just mope about it. I think that is development and in line with the grown that Doom was facing before the FF issue.

Talking about developing in the DOOM #1 thread we talked a bit over the Valeria (Daughter of Boris) fate personally I think that she is dead and in hell being tormented for the demons who made a pact with Doom, If that's the case would be great seeing Doom Facing that mistake and attempting to free her soul. I think that accepting that Riiichards can be better at something was a big step in Doom grown up, If the healing potions theory is true trying to change what bothers him instead of complain and want revenge would be other, so the next big one could be accepting that he made mistakes and attempting to fix it.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    While I totally think that the inconsistent in Dooms wounds are just the inability of the marvel staff to get consistency I like that possibility, that he has been attempting to heal himself, he is a skilled genius and magician, even if his medical knowledge is limited if his wounds are magical, why not give it a shot and try to heal them this time, he already won over mephisto before, why not a second time?

I like the approaching that Dom is doing something about those scars who bother him instead of just mope about it. I think that is development and in line with the grown that Doom was facing before the FF issue.

Talking about developing in the DOOM #1 thread we talked a bit over the Valeria (Daughter of Boris) fate personally I think that she is dead and in hell being tormented for the demons who made a pact with Doom, If that's the case would be great seeing Doom Facing that mistake and attempting to free her soul. I think that accepting that Riiichards can be better at something was a big step in Doom grown up, If the healing potions theory is true trying to change what bothers him instead of complain and want revenge would be other, so the next big one could be accepting that he made mistakes and attempting to fix it.
    I am totally for this kind of development. I've been thinking the same thing about Valeria being his next mission to Hell ever since Infamous Iron Man. Now that Mephisto has attacked Doom again, it should be something of a high priority to settle scores with Mephisto. We've never seen those demons called the Haazerth IIRC since their appearance in Unthinkable and it is very likely that they were minions of Mephisto.

I agree that we should be seeing more character development like what Bendis did in Infamous. Dan Slott practically put everything in reverse and I hope we don't see any more of that. Why didn't he spend any time doing a more meaningful reunion? Stark was just as much an enemy of Doom as Reed yet he still rescued him from whatever the demon possessing the Hood was going to do. IIRC it was going to use Tony as it's new host and work to cause chaos in the world powered by Tony's wealth and resources. Yet the FF are reunited and he wants to kill all 4? Even though he spent a lot of time with Ben and Johnny watching out for them as they looked for Reed, Sue and the kids

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I agree that we should be seeing more character development like what Bendis did in Infamous. Dan Slott practically put everything in reverse and I hope we don't see any more of that. Why didn't he spend any time doing a more meaningful reunion? Stark was just as much an enemy of Doom as Reed yet he still rescued him from whatever the demon possessing the Hood was going to do. IIRC it was going to use Tony as it's new host and work to cause chaos in the world powered by Tony's wealth and resources. Yet the FF are reunited and he wants to kill all 4? Even though he spent a lot of time with Ben and Johnny watching out for them as they looked for Reed, Sue and the kids
    Yes, is annoying writers throw away continuity just to narrate the histories that THEY WANT. Like "Well I know that this character has a nice development from teen to a lad to young man to a married man BUUUT I want to tell histories about him being a irresponsible teen so let's throw away his marriage, his development and his stability so I can fulfill my child dream and lets make his act as a teen (No of course he is not going to look as a selfish manchild)".

I think that Marvel should have a departament committed to maintain continuity, you know an encyclopedia with characters, THEIR AGES, they courent looks, the most recent facts in their lives. And MAKE the writers read it before they can use any character, and see that the result is coherent with the current timeline.

Can't believe how Doom passed

Infamous Iron man.- I going to change for better, Ben Brimm in infuriated so I'm going to be patient. Even when he comes to my kingdom and trashes my old house, I save his life from my mother spell and even send him no a nice place to res ina well deserved vacation. Also going to check in Storm out of respect.

To
    You put a foot in Lateverian soil so I'm going to torture, gload in your face, kidnap your sons and publicity kill you all. Doesn't matter if you helped me a minute ago.

I would have understood a little slip back, some bad blood directed to Reed for lying to him, not this reset button.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Yes, this kind of gives you a reader's version of a whiplash injury . I think it's too much to ask of the read that either A. something happened off panel B. Maybe they imagined it all C. Marvel editors' job as continuity keepers isn't taken very seriously

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

This was a variant cover for Fantastic Four #14 - the Immortal variant by artist Ryan Brown. It's a brutal, artistically brilliant Victor to Dr Doom full wrap cover. The same theme - transformation - was used for several other Marvel covers. Note that Doom does not appear in this book.
    Fantastic Four 014 (2019) variant by Ryan Brown (DNA).jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    This was a variant cover for Fantastic Four #14 - the Immortal variant by artist Ryan Brown. It's a brutal, artistically brilliant Victor to Dr Doom full wrap cover. The same theme - transformation - was used for several other Marvel covers. Note that Doom does not appear in this book.
    Fantastic Four 014 (2019) variant by Ryan Brown (DNA).jpg
    I really liked the concept of this one too. There was also one featuring Ben but it was done by a different artist. I wanted to get this variant but it wasn’t at my LCS

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Good run down of Doom’s powers and intellect. He used some important feats

BANNED

I hope you guys are following the 2099 event in Spider-Man titles because Doom is showing up there, both Doom 2099 and 616 Doom in ASM #32-33-34-35 and the various one-shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I hope you guys are following the 2099 event in Spider-Man titles because Doom is showing up there, both Doom 2099 and 616 Doom in ASM #32-33-34-35 and the various one-shots.
    I do know about it but l’m sort of on the road at present. I want to avoid wasting money on any wallpaper appearances when I do get a chance to go to the LCS. Has there been anything significant yet?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-28-2019 at 05:47 PM.

More news about sales for the Doctor Doom series:

Not only is there going to be a second printing of issue #1 but Bleeding Cool reports that orders for issue #2 are strong (one paragraph up from image of issue #2 cover). Wish I knew where they are getting this from. They usually don't publicize stuff like this unless maybe to vendors.

From time to time, I also check to see what Doom art is out there on the market. Surprisingly, someone is selling the original art from FF annual #2 showing Doom's origin, art by Kirby and inked by Chic Stone. Heritage Auctions is a premier auction house and they usually get the cream of the crop from serious collectors as sellers and buyers. Most of Kirby's FF stuff that I've seen goes for 5 figures, covers in the low 6 figures. I'd have to hit big on the Powerball to get anything like that! This past spring a Frank Frazetta cover painting called "Egpytian Princess" used for Creepy Magazine went for 5.4 million.

Larry Stroman Doom 2099 variant cover for issue #2 . Looks good to see the original 2099 armor on a cover again.

Liked the Presidential armor too. I wonder if that will make a return in the new 2099 comics out later this year?

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-29-2019 at 12:51 PM.