Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1120
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Keanu as Doom is an interesting choice. The real problem is why would you want an actor with such a distinctive face to hide it behind a mask for the majority of the time, and on top of that, as a villain in another movie where he's not the lead?

To be honest...I actually think Keanu Reeves would be a legit better choice as Namor the Submariner. It's basically him being Point Break all the time. You need an actor who can be likable and watchable and be a total ******* most of the time, since that's what Namor is as a character (fascinating and entertaining *******). Keanu Reeves when he plays heroes or good guys whether in Matrix or John Wick has an edge to him, so you can imagine him as Namor totally. The only problem with Namor is that if you get Keanu you are gonna want to give him his own movie and Marvel, I believe, still doesn't have rights for a solo Namor movie.

I don't think introducing Doctor Doom as a villain to Black Panther is the best approach to be honest.

I did see one of these youtube stories on this late this afternoon. The narrator (can't remember when comic book site it was ) did point out that at this point, there could be a lot of "spitballing" going on while working on the scripts. Ideas getting tossed around, etc. Isn't BP 2 scheduled for 2022? They should be getting close to a final script.

If Doom does appear in BP2, I think I would rather see Doom introduced only as someone pulling the strings in the background and not entering the fray personally.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-30-2019 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHarry View Post
    Did you all see the rumours that emerged today that Dr Doom will be the main villain of Black Panther 2, as Doom attempts to extend Latveria's borders to Africa, and comes into conflict with Wakanda.

Other rumours include Keanu Reeves as Victor Von Doom, and Like Evand and Henry Golding in the running for Namor.
    Awesome! I would totally be interested in Keanu Reeves as Victor Von Doom.

If this rumor is true, I can't wait for them to adapt The Children's Crusade:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Awesome! I would totally be interested in Keanu Reeves as Victor Von Doom.
    Agreed, you can't deny that Keanu Reeves has real start power. He might just be one of the last leading actors in Hollywood who can still put people in seat by virtue of his name alone.

I mean, I know a lot of you guys here don't play video games so you probably didn't see Keanu's entrance at E3 (The Electronic Entertainment Expo) this year. The crowd went absolutely nuts:

If Marvel can get Keanu Reeves to play Doctor Doom then Thanos is finished as a pop culture icon. Forget the big purple motion-cap guy with a vaguely emo agenda. Now if you have John Wick/Neo in medieval power armour and a green cloak chewing the scenery? That's going to get people's attention.

iMan 42s

Keanu wouldn't have been my first choice, but he would be a superb choice if Marvel hired him for it. I'd 100% be cool with it.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I think a lot depends on Reeves. He doesn't strike me as having a lot of vanity so he may not mind that after the origin his face would not be seen. I do hope they find someone with the right voice. He should not speak like an American. There should be at least a hint of an eastern European accent.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Adventures in Poor Taste! has the preview of #3, and this single panel is worth the new armor.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

God, I wish that were me.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I did not see the panels for the Savage Avengers preview up on this thread so here they are!

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Thanks for posting those. I saw those the other day and then forgot to add them here. I guess this will prove that this is not a Doombot appearance and it is a multi-part story. I want to see when Doctor Strange joins in and what the writer perceives is the status quo between them.

You guys are crazy if you think Keanu is a good choice for Doom. He's fun in action films, but come on, he does not have the acting chops to play a cerebral character like Doom.

He wouldn't be my first choice but I can see where they would do it for the box office draw. But who knows? Maybe Marvel could get lucky like they did with Tom Hiddleston and Loki and find someone that is off everyone's radar.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    This is quite an interesting scene, going by the preview at least. Still not sold on Conan being part of the modern Marvel universe though. It just feels wrong, even these 'Savage Avengers' are tame compared to Conan's world at its barbaric peak.

Anyway, suppose I should give my spoiler free run down of the other Doom books this week:

Spider-Man #35
    A solid issue for the most part. Clever twist with the assassin even if Doom's role in the story was minimal. It seems that more and more transhumanist concepts keep leaking into the Marvel universe. Stuff that would be ground-breaking even 10 years ago now only need one page of explanation to be accepted. We'll all be in 2099 for real before you know it.

Doom #3
    Great issue, any story involving Doom fighting his way out of hell is a win in my book. I just wish we got more pages of Doom in that new armour. Regardless, it looks like Doom is getting ready to finally take the initiative in this book. I can't wait for the body count to start rising.

LOL. Love Doom just decking Mephisto.

Amazing Member

Really enjoying this book. Only book in recent memory I'm picking up every variant for and still ordering digitally. Love how its drawing from all his history, even the Waid stories that I very much dislike.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I thought Doom...

spoilers:
    went and emerged from Hell too easily, which suggests that he was never really dead. I also think that Death takes too active a role, to the point that she is becoming a deus ex.
    end of spoilers

Otherwise, yes, a good read.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 12-04-2019 at 03:55 PM.