Page 32 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Question for Doom diehards: Have Doom and Dracula ever crossed paths before Captain Britain and MI:13 #10?

iMan 42s

What if they introduced Doom as the next up and coming Iron man?

Doom vastly improves on or makes a better Iron man than even Tony Stark ever could. Maybe in the case of the MCU somebody in SHIELD notes that Victor has made breakthrough after breakthrough and he didn't even have Tony's resources. Victor then gets brought to the United States (maybe as apart of the Future Foundation?) where he further develops his tech. We find that he's also an adept sorcerer and that between science and sorcery it all starts to blend together. Or even explaining Victor's sorcerer background as advanced knowledge that baffles SHIELD and it might as well be sorcery. Keeping it vague would be worth it for first appearances since it allows him to have an air of mystery; is he some hellish Iron man? Or is he quite literally the smartest man in the room? Is it both, and in either case is that a good thing?

If he needed a villain then I'd say go with Blackheart to introduce Mephisto by proxy and you can save Triumph and Torment for a Doctor Strange sequel. Therefore you can introduce Victor without the baggage that is a FF movie.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I think a Triumph and Torment for a Strange movie could work, it would give us a glimpse of Doom, but it may be too late for the second Strange movie if they have been in development since before the merger closed, but maybe it could work for a third movie? I honestly would like Books of Doom to be adapted, like someone is having a meeting with a Doombot who tells the story of Doom, and it would give us a great way to set up the FF movie that could follow it.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    Question for Doom diehards: Have Doom and Dracula ever crossed paths before Captain Britain and MI:13 #10?
    Not that I am aware of. I know there was a story, and I can't recall where I read it, that Doom kept some vampires in the catacombs under Castle Doom to act as guard dogs for whoever tried to sneak in that way. BTW, I know you didn't ask this but Diablo has met Dracula, back in the "old days". I think Diablo is older than Dracula.

Adding a few more fun photos

Two Dooms, Infamous and Classic

Uh oh, Who's going to save Tony from an Ultron sneak attack? (I have him sitting down because the figure doesn't balance very well...esp when he falls off the wagon. )

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

That Infamous doom looks good with the power beams and everything, but as always classic doom is my fave!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Staged some pix with my EagleMoss and Bowen Designs (sadly, out of business) Mini Busts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Adding a few more fun photos

Two Dooms, Infamous and Classic

Uh oh, Who's going to save Tony from an Ultron sneak attack? (I have him sitting down because the figure doesn't balance very well...esp when he falls off the wagon. )

Wow! So lovely !.. I'm impressed! (and sorry for being away from the web quite bit... , dear Iron Maiden)
    Last edited by Abe; 05-25-2019 at 01:59 PM.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    I'm not the one who could answer that question, but I could recommend a few issues drawn by Howard Chaykin where Cynthia Von Doom fights vampires along with Blade. Tasty!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    What if they introduced Doom as the next up and coming Iron man?

Doom vastly improves on or makes a better Iron man than even Tony Stark ever could. Maybe in the case of the MCU somebody in SHIELD notes that Victor has made breakthrough after breakthrough and he didn't even have Tony's resources. Victor then gets brought to the United States (maybe as apart of the Future Foundation?) where he further develops his tech. We find that he's also an adept sorcerer and that between science and sorcery it all starts to blend together. Or even explaining Victor's sorcerer background as advanced knowledge that baffles SHIELD and it might as well be sorcery. Keeping it vague would be worth it for first appearances since it allows him to have an air of mystery; is he some hellish Iron man? Or is he quite literally the smartest man in the room? Is it both, and in either case is that a good thing?

If he needed a villain then I'd say go with Blackheart to introduce Mephisto by proxy and you can save Triumph and Torment for a Doctor Strange sequel. Therefore you can introduce Victor without the baggage that is a FF movie.
    Nice! I'm all for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    I'm not the one who could answer that question, but I could recommend a few issues drawn by Howard Chaykin where Cynthia Von Doom fights vampires along with Blade. Tasty!

Hi Abe, nice to see you here again! I had forgotten about this Blade story. Nice catch!

One last homage to Triumph and Torment. I don't think there is a Funko Pop version of Mephisto (nothing turns up on their website) but here are the two Doctors anyway. I wish I had the Metallic Doom but the secondary market on both of these figures is crazy. Metallic version goes for around $300!

Incredible Member

ooo.... I can't recall if I have this comic or not but that is a Dark Phoenix he's fighting. And the artist looks a lot like Byrne to me.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-27-2019 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    ooo.... I can't recall if I have this comic or not but that is a Dark Phoenix he's fighting. And the artist looks a lot like Byrne to me.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/What_If%3F_Vol_2_25