Page 30 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Nice collection, Iron Maiden! I didn't know they did that giant Icons Series. I seem to remember a Doom figure in a book like packaging ... I'll have to see if I can find a pic.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Yes, I got my Walgreens "Infamous Iron Man", but unlike fiscally responsible Iron Maiden, I got two, so I could take one out of the package and pose it.

2019-05-13 12.42.17.jpg

And then I got a "Tony Stark" like in the video someone posted here, and put the extra head on the body with the suit.
    2019-05-13 12.42.37.jpg

And added some "magic" to his hands for good measure. Will contemplate coloring his tie and shirt with some green and maybe adding spats like ...
    Infamous Iron Man 1 Von Doom variant.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Nice collection, Iron Maiden! I didn't know they did that giant Icons Series. I seem to remember a Doom figure in a book like packaging ... I'll have to see if I can find a pic.
    Like this?
    Famous Covers Doctor Doom box.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Yes, I got my Walgreens "Infamous Iron Man", but unlike fiscally responsible Iron Maiden, I got two, so I could take one out of the package and pose it.

2019-05-13 12.42.17.jpg

And then I got a "Tony Stark" like in the video someone posted here, and put the extra head on the body with the suit.
    2019-05-13 12.42.37.jpg

And added some "magic" to his hands for good measure. Will contemplate coloring his tie and shirt with some green and maybe adding spats like ...
    Infamous Iron Man 1 Von Doom variant.jpg
    Hey, that is a great idea, Doomscribe. I think I may go back and get a second Infamous Iron Man too! I like how you think!

Thanks for posting a picture of the other Doom figure. I don't have that one unfortunately, Reviresco One of my favorite figures is the Doom Masher figure, which I forgot to add to the other pictures. I will update that a bit later. I'd like to see a high end figure or statue of God Emperor Doom, which I kind of have in the Future Foundation Doom in the above picture. I wish they would make a two pack of Sheriff Strange and God Emperor Doom from Hickman's Secret Wars
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-13-2019 at 03:48 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Yes!! That's the one! Thanks for posting it.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    psst.

https://twitter.com/CianTormey/statu...20757103292417

Looks like Malekith tried to invade Latveria. Presumably it goes poorly.
    Is Doom still fighting with just his sorcery? Or did he go back to using his armor?

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Me too! I also like that he brought back the holster for a gun. But it's a mystery what he's carrying these days....just a common sidearm or some more high tech.

I guess we can just say that Doom likes variety. I think Ultimate Doom may have had that look but I'd have to check. IMO they really never handled Doom that well in the Ultimate Universe. Sometimes he had goat legs, sometimes he didn't. It was just a hot mess most of the time. He did survive that last incursion but pretty much disappeared after Spider-Man fought him.

Never mind......Doom is back to his Armor, but it’s a bit more regal now....Somehow, it’s fitting for Doom, he is a ruler after all, so why not give him a more royal cape......

Just posting to gripe about what garbage Fantastic Four #9 was.

Garbage.

that is all.
    DS
    "Because ... I am Doom

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Just posting to gripe about what garbage Fantastic Four #9 was.

Garbage.

that is all.
    DS
    I kinda gave up on FF around issue 6, didn't want to keep spending my money on something I wasn't enjoying. What happened exactly? Why didn't you like it?
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

iMan 42s

Well I finally got my Infamous Iron man in the mail today and it's disappointing at how much Hasbro dropped the ball on this.

It's the exact same mold as the semi-recently released Model Prime Iron man. The only new content here is the FX pieces and the Victor head and I'm almost positive I've seen this mold somewhere before but I can't place it.
    What really get me is how little they had to do to make this thing worth the money because while they have the same suit at first glance, they are different.

-Victor has additional lights on his chest and a separation of panels between that and the main reactor (which are painted on WTF?)
    -The boots are more like Victor's standard Doctor Doom boots
    -The helmet unlike Tony's at the time is more "shell head" like and even still, why not even use the Alex Ross rendition with the more Doom-like face?

That would really help the figure stand out.
    But the thing that is disappointing to me above all else is the cape. It's plastic. Isn't it easier to just get some fabric rather than casting a bunch of capes? But even if the plastic was more practical a decision, why is it in two parts? One would think it would be for removing the head easier or giving a cape without helmet appearance but it can't even stay on without the hood. So this ultimately results in a piece of plastic I can do nothing with when I want to use the Victor head. Why not just make a hood and cape one piece and you put it over a helmet or you clasp it together? Sure that wouldn't be totally accurate but if you're gonna reuse the Model Prime mold, **** it why not?

This figure is all kinds of fucked. I've seen modders do better with a couple of tools and epoxy sculpt. Like Dan Slott's Fantastic Four this just screams lazy to me. D+

EDIT and score revision: D-
    In merely getting the new FX pieces out of the package, they have already been broken. It's frankly only getting a D because the base figure and head are competent but;
    -Blatant re-usage of molds
    -The new FX pieces are far too delicate to be broken by removing them from the packaging
    -The cape is not dynamic nor is it capable of being used without the hooded head
    -Standout details which required minor retooling being ignored for detail being painted on

I can imagine that if some kid in a Walgreens finds this before model prime they'd be cool with it, but since I already own Model Prime and several other Iron man figures, I'm just expecting more from Hasbro.
    Last edited by SuperiorIronman; 05-16-2019 at 09:07 AM.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I kinda gave up on FF around issue 6, didn't want to keep spending my money on something I wasn't enjoying. What happened exactly? Why didn't you like it?
    It was just lazy writing overall. It was bad characterization for Doom, ignoring any kind of growth that occurred in Infamous. Back to the hideous face which Doom feels he has to hide. All of his traps were so easily defeated by the FF, and the capture of Galactus was giving Reed yet another opportunity to gloat. And Doom shouts "Richards!!" again, like a tired old saw. There were tiny moments of where it seemed like Slott was getting that Doom's people adore Doom. But the way Sue attacked Doom was all kinds of cruel that seemed out of character for HER. And his response to the attack was silly.

What happened was the FF escaped, Doom was defeated, Galactus was freed and flew away, the FF were transported out of Latveria to be reunited with their family and some demons who's existence wasn't really explained very well appeared in their place in Latveria.

Bah.
    "Because ... I am Doom

Mighty Member

What happened was the FF escaped, Doom was defeated, Galactus was freed and flew away, the FF were transported out of Latveria to be reunited with their family and some demons who's existence wasn't really explained very well appeared in their place in Latveria.

Bah.
    Those demons were from a really long time ago in the Byrne run. As in, people who have read it as a kid probably have kids now.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

It was just lazy writing overall. It was bad characterization for Doom, ignoring any kind of growth that occurred in Infamous. Back to the hideous face which Doom feels he has to hide. All of his traps were so easily defeated by the FF, and the capture of Galactus was giving Reed yet another opportunity to gloat. And Doom shouts "Richards!!" again, like a tired old saw. There were tiny moments of where it seemed like Slott was getting that Doom's people adore Doom. But the way Sue attacked Doom was all kinds of cruel that seemed out of character for HER. And his response to the attack was silly.

Bah.
    Thanks for telling me, glad I'm not wasting my time with it then, I saw panels of how Sue made Doom's armor invisible and was like, I'm done, Susan isn't that cruel. I hope we can get something better and worth paying for in the future.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I say we petition Hickman to write FF again.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Thanks for telling me, glad I'm not wasting my time with it then, I saw panels of how Sue made Doom's armor invisible and was like, I'm done, Susan isn't that cruel. I hope we can get something better and worth paying for in the future.
    Doom was going to execute her family and broadcast it? At first I thought she made him fully nude but it was only his top half so..eh.