Page 28 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Doombot news for July!

RUNAWAYS #23
    RAINBOW ROWELL (W)
    Andres Genolet (A)
    COVER BY KRIS ANKA
    • Doombot was destroyed back in #17, and Chase hasn’t been able to fix him.
    • Victor is going to give it a shot, even if it forces him down a dark road.
    • Even if it leads to something even worse than Victorius...
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I was going to post about that but I see you got it covered, Ray I am very fond of this series since it has reunited these two teammates from Avengers A.I. , a little gem of a series. Runaways is a lot of fun too but Kris Anka is no longer doing the interiors, which have been very good. But I see he is still doing covers.

Extraordinary Member

Is Doom involved in the War of the Realms. No way he’s going to just roll over for an Elf.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Is Doom involved in the War of the Realms. No way he’s going to just roll over for an Elf.
    Unknown. It would be a natural one supposes but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

BANNED

The Russos would love to bring Doctor Doom (https://www.cbr.com/avengers-endgame...r-doom-kraven/) into the MCU.

And since they are huge Secret Wars fans (and Doom is the protagonist of Secret Wars) and that seems likely to be the next big mega-event around the corner...I think Doom will be coming to MCU sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The Russos would love to bring Doctor Doom (https://www.cbr.com/avengers-endgame...r-doom-kraven/) into the MCU.

And since they are huge Secret Wars fans (and Doom is the protagonist of Secret Wars) and that seems likely to be the next big mega-event around the corner...I think Doom will be coming to MCU sooner rather than later.
    Thanks for the alert. It's always good to see that even with this big movie coming up, the Russo brothers are still expressing a keen interest in Doom. I guess this will prove something to the naysayers in the Fantastic Four appreciation thread. I love the quote from Joe Russo "I just love the sort of Shakespearean mythology behind him as a character. And he's another fascinating character that you know has different interpretations in the books. So I think you can shade him in really complex ways."

Because of the vast Marvel Library, Anthony Russo joked "We could die working at Marvel"
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-20-2019 at 09:20 AM.

I'm so glad they've publicly expressed the interest.

On another note, this Marvel.com article flew under the radar… it was posted nearly a month ago.

Don't Turn Your Back on Doctor Doom
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Starting to show up in Walgreens.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Starting to show up in Walgreens.
    Honestly that looks more like Reed's face to me.
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Thanks, Holt I haven't seen one yet in my area but will keep looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Honestly that looks more like Reed's face to me.
    Yeah, I thought so too when I saw the previews from the Toy Fair earlier this year

Here is a tantalizing bit of unpublished Doom history. Possibly even Doom 2099. I follow a Facebook account 2099 Bytes and it had a link to Heritage Auctions for a an unpublished page featuring Doctor Doom or very possibly Doom 2099 and Doctor Strange. It's hard to tell what the story was about from just these two pages and the artist Bill Jaaska passed away in 2009 at age 48. It's too bad there's no information known on this piece. The artist is one I am not familiar with but it makes me sad to say he died alone in a rooming house in Milwaukee. His life story was a very tragic one, as noted on this blog.

We can see that this was a talented artist and it is sad to know that he may have had vision problems that cut his career short.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-23-2019 at 06:39 PM.

I didn't see this yet in the local Walgreens but here is a video review of it..

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-23-2019 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

Doom would be perfect for the MCU. TBH, I'm more excited about Doom being in the MCU than I am about the FF appearing. Doom's backstory can easily be altered to fit the MCU without even including the FF. I feel like he definitely has the charisma to be the next big-bad of the MCU once all this Thanos stuff wraps up.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

iMan 42s

I might try to find one today but the review doesn't leave me hopeful. Frankly I wish that it did have a closer sculpt to its appearance in the comics. Just that slight bit of extra detail goes a long way to making the figure stand out. While Victor and Tony did have pretty similar suits, Victor's does have a few differences beyond the cape.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Doom would be perfect for the MCU. TBH, I'm more excited about Doom being in the MCU than I am about the FF appearing. Doom's backstory can easily be altered to fit the MCU without even including the FF. I feel like he definitely has the charisma to be the next big-bad of the MCU once all this Thanos stuff wraps up.
    I like the Fantastic Four more so than I like the Avengers but I prefer Doom to arrive in the MCU without depending on the debut of the Fantastic Four. I just hope movie fans who aren't familiar with the comic book Doctor Doom aren't too influenced by the failed versions that Fox tried to foist upon us. These statements by the Russo brothers and the fact that Noah Hawley planned on launching a solo film for him are encouraging signs that they don't consider Doom too badly damaged by them. And when they talk about their love of Secret Wars , etc you know that they've read the iconic appearances. I know their planned films for the next couple of years seem to be pretty locked in but I hope we see Doom maybe come 2023? That's just a guess on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I might try to find one today but the review doesn't leave me hopeful. Frankly I wish that it did have a closer sculpt to its appearance in the comics. Just that slight bit of extra detail goes a long way to making the figure stand out. While Victor and Tony did have pretty similar suits, Victor's does have a few differences beyond the cape.
    I was quite surprised we would be getting any Infamous Doom figure at all. I like that the cape is removable and that you can swap the heads and hands. I just wish Marvel editorial wasn't so quick to go back to classic Doom since IMO the time spent as Infamous Iron Man wouldn't have been wasted. It would be one way to get fans used to Doom doing a redesign of his own instead of just using Tony's armor and adding some enhancements.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-23-2019 at 06:40 PM.