Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Ultron sidekick! LOL! I remember that Marvel Superhero Squad game. Is that still open?

OMG. I didn't realize that was a RPG campaign guide! I must have it! Oh no. Wait! There's another one!

Wow. Here's a write up about the all the campaign stuff!

http://www.waynesbooks.com/marvelsuperheroes.html
    Thanks for posting these. In those pre-internet days, I had never heard of this part of the set.

As for the Superhero Squad game, sadly it was closed some years back....maybe 4 years ago? It was something about the platform they had used to build the game becoming obsolete and that it would require a total redesign/rebuild. The Gazillion company didn't want to invest in that and went on to the other game they developed..... maybe Contest of Champions? I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-04-2019 at 07:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Okay, the next appearance of Doom I saw was in the 90s Spider-Man cartoon, in the penultimate arc Secret Wars before the final arc. By this point I already know he's a Fantastic Four villain, not Spider-Man, but I still see him in a Spider-Man related media because that's my priority ^^

Later on, I found out this was adapted from the Secret Wars crossover comics, but at that time I just think it was the coolest arc where all the heroes and villains that has guest star so far appeared in a battle ground. Everyone except Fantastic Four and Doom. This was their first and only appearance in the cartoon as far as I remember.

spider14.jpg

So I was hyped. I already like Doom from previous appearances, and he didn't disappoint. He kicked Red Skull out of his territory, forcing him to join with the other villains, and ended up as the final boss for the arc. Unfortunately, and I was really angry at the time, I missed the last episode where Spider-Man and team was supposed to fight Doom because I misread the airing schedule.

I only found out what happened from a flashback of the next episode that Doom managed to get Ben to his side by curing his condition, and then Spider-Man gave a speech on powers and responsibility, but that's as far as I knew.

Also, that flashback was the first time I saw his face, and he's more handsome than I thought. I was expecting Darth Vader.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Okay, the next appearance of Doom I saw was in the 90s Spider-Man cartoon, in the penultimate arc Secret Wars before the final arc. By this point I already know he's a Fantastic Four villain, not Spider-Man, but I still see him in a Spider-Man related media because that's my priority ^^

Later on, I found out this was adapted from the Secret Wars crossover comics, but at that time I just think it was the coolest arc where all the heroes and villains that has guest star so far appeared in a battle ground. Everyone except Fantastic Four and Doom. This was their first and only appearance in the cartoon as far as I remember.

spider14.jpg

So I was hyped. I already like Doom from previous appearances, and he didn't disappoint. He kicked Red Skull out of his territory, forcing him to join with the other villains, and ended up as the final boss for the arc. Unfortunately, and I was really angry at the time, I missed the last episode where Spider-Man and team was supposed to fight Doom because I misread the airing schedule.

I only found out what happened from a flashback of the next episode that Doom managed to get Ben to his side by curing his condition, and then Spider-Man gave a speech on powers and responsibility, but that's as far as I knew.

Also, that flashback was the first time I saw his face, and he's more handsome than I thought. I was expecting Darth Vader.
    Thanks for posting that screen cap. I've been trying to find a DVD that includes that episode. The art looks pretty good....one of the best cartoon version of Doom at least. What was the title of that Spider-Man series? Was it just "Spider-Man" or "Spider-Man Unlimited"?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks for posting that screen cap. I've been trying to find a DVD that includes that episode. The art looks pretty good....one of the best cartoon version of Doom at least. What was the title of that Spider-Man series? Was it just "Spider-Man" or "Spider-Man Unlimited"?
    Just Spider-Man. People usually say Fox's Spider-Man when talking about it.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Thanks for posting these. In those pre-internet days, I had never heard of this part of the set.

As for the Superhero Squad game, sadly it was closed some years back....maybe 4 years ago? It was something about the platform they had used to build the game becoming obsolete and that it would require a total redesign/rebuild. The Gazillion company didn't want to invest in that and went on to the other game they developed..... maybe Contest of Champions? I'm not sure.
    Gazillion tried to focus in Marvel Heroes which was the best Marvel game IMO and had some of the best playable version of my favorite characters. Dr Doom was my second main character after Mr Fantastic and he was a great combo of energy attacks and summoning armies.Unfortunately,bad decisions and lack of support from Disney/Marvel put an end to both the company and the game.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Gazillion tried to focus in Marvel Heroes which was the best Marvel game IMO and had some of the best playable version of my favorite characters. Dr Doom was my second main character after Mr Fantastic and he was a great combo of energy attacks and summoning armies.Unfortunately,bad decisions and lack of support from Disney/Marvel put an end to both the company and the game.
    I wondered what happened with that. I had an account there but things got a bit busy and I didn't play it much. Plus didn't you have to buy the different character versions? or did you earn them. I think they gave you 3 as starters but it seemed to me that the characters got to be pretty expensive
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-04-2019 at 11:46 AM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Coming up from the latest Previews. Both these titles will be on sale the week of March 13, 2019 (unless they're late).

Fantastic Four #8 - continues the battle with Galactus in Latveria.
    Text reads:
    "Latveria is about to take its rightful place on the world stage. Thanks to the benevolence and ingenuity of your beloved leader, Victor Von Doom, Latverians will soon know a new age of peace and prosperity! All of this shall come to pass -- as long as we can repel these four nefarious foreign invaders who have illegally entered our beloved country! Death to the Fantastic Four!"

Fantastic Four 2019 008 preview.jpg

Old Man Quill #3
    "... But even as they try to help the Earth's downtrodden ... the shadow of DOOM hangs over their every move."

Old Man Quill 3 preview 03-13-19.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

iMan 42s

I wondered what happened with that. I had an account there but things got a bit busy and I didn't play it much. Plus didn't you have to buy the different character versions? or did you earn them. I think they gave you 3 as starters but it seemed to me that the characters got to be pretty expensive
    You had a couple price tiers. The more involved the development of the hero the higher the cost was. But you could also get alternate costumes for them which was a bit cheaper or you could buy them in character packs which came with discounts. Doom's pack had his white future foundation (it was his default) costume, and an alternate with his tunic being green. Later on into the game's life you could actually try out characters outside of test-center and play them up to level 10 if I remember correctly. As such it helped players make a more informed purchase.

You could also get hero token drops just by playing the game as well as costume drops. They had been random but you could do that as an alternative to purchasing them but they had also been rare. Doom in a way also thankfully had few costumes if you had been a completionist. 2099, God Emperor, and Classic Green if you played prior to Marvel forcing the removal of the FF which included the white default costume. Thankfully anybody who already had the costumes and characters could keep them though if you had already unlocked and or purchased them. The Green costume however became the default and was also awarded to players if they didn't already have it.

The best thing about the ban (at least to Doctor Doom) was that he was still fully purchasable outside the removal of the white costume. Basically indicating to everyone that even though the FF had been banished (and even removed from the game's intro) Doctor Doom was still the main villain, a major character in later chapters, and escaped with only the deletion of a pallet swap.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Great idea! I might have to do just links, though, as I don't think CBR will allow me to put alot of videos on one post. But hey, your post made it to the first page, so that works out.
    Glad I was able to make the 1st page and put up a Major Fan Created moment that IMO showcases just how BOSS Do really is and can be Reviresco!

I always felt that video should be example 1 for anyone to use against those that doubts Doom's True level of power and intelligent!

I like it when Artist showcase this as well, like in Marvel's Recent Marvel Two-In-One series from 2018 In Issue #1, just showing an electric aura around one is always cool, but Doom does it with his own Themed Color of Green, that is Bad-A$$ IMO!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Glad I was able to make the 1st page and put up a Major Fan Created moment that IMO showcases just how BOSS Do really is and can be Reviresco!

I always felt that video should be example 1 for anyone to use against those that doubts Doom's True level of power and intelligent!

I like it when Artist showcase this as well, like in Marvel's Recent Marvel Two-In-One series from 2018 In Issue #1, just showing an electric aura around one is always cool, but Doom does it with his own Themed Color of Green, that is Bad-A$$ IMO!

*sigh* I really miss Jim Chueng and it's a mystery to me as to why he suddenly left MTIO and went to DC. I keep saying there is something going on there but will probably never know the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    You had a couple price tiers. The more involved the development of the hero the higher the cost was. But you could also get alternate costumes for them which was a bit cheaper or you could buy them in character packs which came with discounts. Doom's pack had his white future foundation (it was his default) costume, and an alternate with his tunic being green. Later on into the game's life you could actually try out characters outside of test-center and play them up to level 10 if I remember correctly. As such it helped players make a more informed purchase.

You could also get hero token drops just by playing the game as well as costume drops. They had been random but you could do that as an alternative to purchasing them but they had also been rare. Doom in a way also thankfully had few costumes if you had been a completionist. 2099, God Emperor, and Classic Green if you played prior to Marvel forcing the removal of the FF which included the white default costume. Thankfully anybody who already had the costumes and characters could keep them though if you had already unlocked and or purchased them. The Green costume however became the default and was also awarded to players if they didn't already have it.

The best thing about the ban (at least to Doctor Doom) was that he was still fully purchasable outside the removal of the white costume. Basically indicating to everyone that even though the FF had been banished (and even removed from the game's intro) Doctor Doom was still the main villain, a major character in later chapters, and escaped with only the deletion of a pallet swap.

Thanks for giving me the history of things. I should have suspected part of the reason for the game's problems was crazy Ike Perlmutter's silly ban on using Fantastic Four characters for anything. I regret I never invested much time learning the game and I think I had my older, slower Windows 7 PC at that time I think.

It also halted any chance of new Doom merchandise too. I've not seen many new T-shirts, action figures or statues yet.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

*sigh* I really miss Jim Chueng and it's a mystery to me as to why he suddenly left MTIO and went to DC. I keep saying there is something going on there but will probably never know the answer.
    I'm very curious about that myself. When I saw he was doing that DC book, I was floored.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I hope we see Jim Cheung return to Marvel. I imagine he is a free-lancer

In the meantime,

The Jack Kirby Museum offered up this tweet back on Jan 4th: there's a little slide show of some great Kirby Doom pages when you click on the link to the left.

Once again, you can see Jack going to his view of how Doom looks like under the mask. At conventions, he would start to propose that there was really only a small scar as a reminder of the accident in college. I should see if I can find at what point in time Kirby started proposing this view.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-06-2019 at 11:10 AM.

I love the quote from Jack Kirby ... "Doom's got a lot of cool!"

Great find, Iron Maiden!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Coming up from the latest Previews. Both these titles will be on sale the week of March 13, 2019 (unless they're late).

Fantastic Four #8 - continues the battle with Galactus in Latveria.
    Text reads:
    "Latveria is about to take its rightful place on the world stage. Thanks to the benevolence and ingenuity of your beloved leader, Victor Von Doom, Latverians will soon know a new age of peace and prosperity! All of this shall come to pass -- as long as we can repel these four nefarious foreign invaders who have illegally entered our beloved country! Death to the Fantastic Four!"

Fantastic Four 2019 008 preview.jpg

Old Man Quill #3
    "... But even as they try to help the Earth's downtrodden ... the shadow of DOOM hangs over their every move."

Old Man Quill 3 preview 03-13-19.jpg
    I hope that's not the cover for FF 8. It's so very generic.

The Old Man Quill cover, OTOH, grabs you.