Page 55 of 75 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Sad that Thanos is so high, what made him unique was that his appearances were so rare so that when he showed up it was epic, The (real) Captain Marvel Cosmic Cube epic, the Warlock (Soul Gem epic), Death of Captain Marvel, then nothing until he showed back up decades later in Silver Surfer (leading into Infinity Gauntlet) but now he is ubiquitous. It diminishes his appearances potency. Sort of like part of what made the Sinestro Corps War so mind blowing was they used the Anti-Monitor who had NOT been seen since Crisis on Infinite Earths. Now AM shows up more often which diminishes his standing (but not nearly as overused as Thanos is over at Marvel).
    That also applies to Galactus as well doesn't it? Galactus was intended by Kirby to be a rarely appearing villain and instead he became one of the most frequently appearing ones.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Doctor Doom #1 preview!!! link

edit: there is one more page in the preview! and just edited out the spoiler i posted since its still too early to be posting that.
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 10-03-2019 at 01:34 PM.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    Well here is a preview for the new series:
    https://www.newsarama.com/47221-doct...eview.html#s10

Also some news on Boris! Though question did he have a daughter before?
    Finally! The only relative we've seen before is his granddaughter Valeria. But there is also his descendent in the 2099 future and her name is Fortune

Love the preview so far, both the art and the story.

BANNED

Boris lives! Or at least for now anyway, I'm just glad that Marvel actually acknowledged his existence. Hope he makes an appearance eventually.

Also I agree that the art looks amazing. Very regal and fitting for Doom. If the book can maintain this art quality throughout it's run I'll be quite pleased.

Let's all buy two copies next week

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    This is one of the few times I'm buying a variant and the standard issue.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    There's a thread on Marvel Comics about superheroes who have made the most appearances.

So I looked up villains and guess who's #1 (albeit with someone in a close second):

1) Doctor Doom - 835 Appearances
    2) Magneto - 816 Appearances.
    3) Green Goblin/Norman Osborn - 597 Appearances
    4) Kingpin - 533 Appearances
    ....)
    So you're a little short on the numbers there. Don't know where they came from, but according to my database, Dr. Doom has appeared in 870 different comic books (counting some appearances of Kristoff Vernard as Doom, some Doombots and other dopplegangers that appear to be Doom or largely Doom based), plus about 100 issues with Doom 2099 plus another 220 issues of clearly alternate universe Dooms, parodies and humor, and What if? issues.

Plus I have another 262 issues that I call "Doom didn't actually appear" where there are covers or variant covers, flashbacks, recaps or memory pages, art or statues with his image, Doom simulations, some reprints under different titles, alternate universes where just Doombots or Doom tech is used, and some single panel cameos with no dialogue.

So roughly about 1100 issues to date or up to 1300 if you include some of the others.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    This is one of the few times I'm buying a variant and the standard issue.
    Yeah, I'm going to see if my LCS will get some. If not I will try another in the are. I love that MJ one but the Deodato one is tempting too.

BANNED

Sounds like a plan, I'll buy one from ComiXology and then a physical copy as well later in the week. It's just a shame my efforts won't track in the sales charts, Diamond doesn't record digital or international purchases.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

New picture of the upcoming Doctor Doom figure! they have all the fantastic four as well! link

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    So you're a little short on the numbers there. Don't know where they came from, but according to my database, Dr. Doom has appeared in 870 different comic books (counting some appearances of Kristoff Vernard as Doom, some Doombots and other dopplegangers that appear to be Doom or largely Doom based), plus about 100 issues with Doom 2099 plus another 220 issues of clearly alternate universe Dooms, parodies and humor, and What if? issues.

Plus I have another 262 issues that I call "Doom didn't actually appear" where there are covers or variant covers, flashbacks, recaps or memory pages, art or statues with his image, Doom simulations, some reprints under different titles, alternate universes where just Doombots or Doom tech is used, and some single panel cameos with no dialogue.

So roughly about 1100 issues to date or up to 1300 if you include some of the others.
    Do you happen to have this list posted anywhere? Trying to finish off my collection of every Doom appearance, and want to see if you have any missing that I did not consider!

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    Sounds like a plan, I'll buy one from ComiXology and then a physical copy as well later in the week. It's just a shame my efforts won't track in the sales charts, Diamond doesn't record digital or international purchases.
    The important thing is Marvel will be aware of it. Thanks for your continued support!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    New picture of the upcoming Doctor Doom figure! they have all the fantastic four as well! link

Thanks for posting this. I don't think the Hasbro page shows the second head piece. This is cool because you get the original Jack Kirby mask with the big rivets and the more contemporary one with the smaller bolts and the contoured eyepieces

Quote Originally Posted by spike1228 View Post
    Do you happen to have this list posted anywhere? Trying to finish off my collection of every Doom appearance, and want to see if you have any missing that I did not consider!
    I hope Doomscribe posts it. He was the first person to have a dedicated fan page to Doom back in the early days of web sites and it was called Doomscribe's Den of Madness. I think back then Marvel was a bit concerned about protecting their IP and for a while you had to get a sort of sticky to put on your web site to show Marvel approved it.

I keep saying I'm going to create an Excel file or maybe an Access database one day.

Amazing Member

I hope Doomscribe posts it. He was the first person to have a dedicated fan page to Doom back in the early days of web sites and it was called Doomscribe's Den of Madness. I think back then Marvel was a bit concerned about protecting their IP and for a while you had to get a sort of sticky to put on your web site to show Marvel approved it.

I keep saying I'm going to create an Excel file or maybe an Access database one day.
    I remember that site! It was awesome. Its how I pieced together a lot of my collection