Page 21 of 75 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    This was in the MC2 universe but way back in A-Next, Doom and Namor got into a battle around the time that Kristoff and Cassie had both grown to adulthood. The outcome was never known because I think the series was cancelled not long after that. Although Namor was still around, Doom had not been seen for a while. Latveria is a shambles and is a point of contention among various world powers.

In A-Next #5, UN forces are investigating the disappearance of a little girl in Doomstadt and encounter some mysteriously re-activated Doombots. They call in some superheroes to investigate and Stinger (Cassie) is among them. While searching the ruins of Castle Doom, she goes ahead of the rest of the team since she can fly through some of the passages blocked by debris and stones from collapsed walls.

Later, in a more recent appearance of the MC2 universe in a Fantastic Five mini, Doom's fate is revealed. It seems that after the battle shown in A-Next, Namor kept Doom in an undersea prison cell. He later escapes to menace the Fantastic Five.

That was a very busy time for Doom. At the same time he had this arrangement, in JMS's Thor he also was courting Balder with Fem-Loki to persuade him to move the Asgardians from Braxton to Latveria. IIRC the bargain was that Loki was going to allow Doom to study the Asgardians and learn the secret of immortality. Or at least that is where I thought JMS was going with that but then he got into another disagreement with Marvel/Joe Quesada and left the series. Kieron Gillien took over after that and it was more about learning how to power Doom's version of Destroyer armor.

Thanks I'll have to check those issues and out Namor's appearances in The Invaders too. Maybe a Doom appearance will develop in that but I concede the odds are probably not good. But at some point someone has to put these two together in a story. There's been talk about Hickman returning to Marvel. My dream project is for him to do a mini series/revival of Super-Villain Team_Up

Nice scans. They make me want Kristoff to have an active role again somewhere in the comics. I think he would be great as the new leader of the Young Masters, or even act as a their mysterious benefactor.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Nice scans. They make me want Kristoff to have an active role again somewhere in the comics. I think he would be great as the new leader of the Young Masters, or even act as a their mysterious benefactor.
    Thanks. They have the whole A-Next series on Marvel Unlimited but I think this is the only appearance Kristoff made. At the end of the story he launches the remains of Castle Doom into the sky to parts unknown. He is part of the Fantastic Five but my gripe with that is that almost every time they show him, he is in full costume and they hardly ever show his face. I think it's important that he be unmasked to establish his identity as separate from Doom.

I agree with you that Kristoff should become acquainted with the younger tier of heroes...the Young Avengers, Riri Willams, Nadia Pym. Nadia was quite the fangirl of Infamous Iron Man so you would think she's want to meet Kristoff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    The very much missed mini-series.

Something I didn't connect before this ... around this time, Marvel also cancelled ALL WINNERS SQUAD, a mini-series, in the middle of it's run, 3 issues before it finished, despite it allegedly having the art done. They were also cancelling other books, edited by Alejandro Arbona, who was amongst a slate of editors that Marvel let go. Perhaps that was why it the book was cancelled.

Marvel also recently cancelled both the new Vision series and the Chuck Wendig Star Wars series after issues had been solicited, so it's not entirely unheard of.
    I noticed those other series too on the list and you are right about the link to editor Alejandro Arbona. It was brought up in an article at the time IIRC. What a waste of talent if that were the reason. I have to think there are some pages of Becky Cloonans stored away somewhere. Would Marvel keep them or would she be allowed to I wonder?

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The cancellation was actually a scheme by the Supremor Brevoort to slow the rate of Spencer's power growth. Ironically, by later offering him Cap, it was Brevoort himself who gave Spencer the opportunity to ascend at a rate no one could control. Now he rules every universe and dimension, even heaven and hell. Those who die and go to the Good Place will find Morning Glories season 3. Those who go to the Bad Place will find the completed Doom origin mini as their only consolation.
    Send me to the bad place, then.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Finally got a copy of Ziggy Pig Silly Seal #1 comic.

It's "humor" but not very funny, sorta crude ala Mad or Cracked. Way too wordy and it drags out the back story far too long. Doom has the best parts, appearing in the last four pages.
    Ziggy Pig Silly Seal Comics 1 pg17.jpg

Ziggy Pig Silly Seal Comics 1 pg 18.jpg

Ziggy Pig Silly Seal Comics 1 pg 20.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

It does my heart good....now that DOOM has come home...the F4 have come home...to Disney/Marvel Studios!!! It is a time of celebration...its gotta get better right folks????

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

BANNED

Ed Brubaker's Books of Doom. An able update on Annual 2.

My pitch would be to make doctor strange 2 or 3 an adaptation of Triumph and Torment. That comic introduces you to Dr. Doom, gives you a look to his origins basically introduces the character. It's also a great strange story.

Whoa!!! Doom has gone hardcore on Richards in the Fantastic 4 #8 preview (a moment that made me think of what he did to Richards in the 2005 F4 film...you will know the scene)

https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-fantas...view-galactus/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post
    Whoa!!! Doom has gone hardcore on Richards in the Fantastic 4 #8 preview (a moment that made me think of what he did to Richards in the 2005 F4 film...you will know the scene)

Off to a good start so far, I think that look suits Richards - really captures the depths of his personality.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Namor and Doom are my favorite frenemies!!! I love Super Villain Team Up and really wished that the mini series Sub-Mariner Revolution, which ended with Namor taking his army and going to live with Doom, had spun into another team up comic. Them being the first super villain team up in Marvel and having a long history of coming to each other's aid only to betray (usually doom betrays namor) each other when it's convenient for their own agendas makes their dynamic so interesting since they clearly respect each other in their own ways. I think it's the closest Doom ever had to admitting someone was his equal on a social status if not an intellectual one. I really wish we could have more of them in the comics, the Hickman Doom and Namor dinner was a great moment. Also Doom did come to Namor's aid when Namor was stuck in Hell, and he did it so that Namor was in his debt, if someone could just remember that then it would be a good way to have a story about Namor trying to settle that debt.
    I love the interactions too, they are both royalty, proud, intelligent and competent and powerful in their own fields, so I can believe that they have some sort of an mutual respect. Also they can hang up in the ways that they despise Reed Richards and how Susan is to much for him.

This was in the MC2 universe but way back in A-Next, Doom and Namor got into a battle around the time that Kristoff and Cassie had both grown to adulthood. The outcome was never known because I think the series was cancelled not long after that. Although Namor was still around, Doom had not been seen for a while. Latveria is a shambles and is a point of contention among various world powers. In A-Next #5, UN forces are investigating the disappearance of a little girl in Doomstadt and encounter some mysteriously re-activated Doombots. They call in some superheroes to investigate and Stinger (Cassie) is among them. While searching the ruins of Castle Doom, she goes ahead of the rest of the team since she can fly through some of the passages blocked by debris and stones from collapsed walls. Later, in a more recent appearance of the MC2 universe in a Fantastic Five mini, Doom's fate is revealed. It seems that after the battle shown in A-Next, Namor kept Doom in an undersea prison cell. He later escapes to menace the Fantastic Five.
    I had the opportunity to read those comics some time ago, they were fun to watch and I loved seeing a grown up Cassi being a hero in her own way, (also clashing against American dream but that is another history), of course I remember the Kristoff/Cassie part and is one of those reasons who makes me want to see them interacting again, they made a beautiful What if couple! and loved to see Cassie as Stinger willing to protect her old friend And of course convinced me even more that Kristoff age should be similar to Cassi's.

Other detail I loved is the way that Kristoff calls being adopted for Doom as "a mixed blessing" because we know that their relationship has his ups and downs but in the end Kristoff remember his "father" fondly and full of love and respect, that's something that I like about the character he knows that Doom is not as good as he paints himself but he respect him no less, and most of that respect comes from a genuine love.

About the end as far as I remember Namor instead of killing Doom keeps him prisoner and tortures him regularly (twisted respect or plain vengeance I don't know), and at the end he frees himself and confronts the fantastic five now including Kristoff, sadly, again they don't interact a lot.

That was a very busy time for Doom. At the same time he had this arrangement, in JMS's Thor he also was courting Balder with Fem-Loki to persuade him to move the Asgardians from Braxton to Latveria. IIRC the bargain was that Loki was going to allow Doom to study the Asgardians and learn the secret of immortality. Or at least that is where I thought JMS was going with that but then he got into another disagreement with Marvel/Joe Quesada and left the series. Kieron Gillen took over after that and it was more about learning how to power Doom's version of Destroyer armor.
    Yes he was a busy evil genius these days and that's my impression of Doom a man with several plots at same time in his eternal pursuit of power, love it.

Wow I don't know how to feel about it, I was wishing that his Richards obsesion were finally gone, but seems that in just some months he threw for the toilet his development. Also he is being truly cruel, condemning Galactus, a necessary force of the nature, to a existence of torture for his own greed, and going full "Unthinkable" levels on Richards. I hope they had prepared some kind of twist away of the typical villainous plot to defeat Richaaardss!!!!

Mighty Member

So predictable. Doom capture the F4 (like always), torture Reed because he jealous him (despite the events of Secret Wars) and at the end of the day the F4 will escape and save the earth from Galactus who, in the meantime, will escape and seek revenge. Very disapointed by Dan Slott.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

I'm still waiting to read the whole story to make my mind - but I fear that you may be right, lordozone... for this issue I especially wait some good explanation about the physics of Doom's plan : I remember some quite good comments about how it doesn't make much sense in the thread about the last issue.

Anyway even if the art is definitively not of my taste - it's not bad at all but there's something that doesn't work at all for me - I must say that Victor's look is really good in that previous. The belt, the fur (it's cold down there!) : nice ideas!

(Even if I really miss a lot the more modern but still very European look Bendis and Maleev have him in Infamous... I definitively miss this book : both creators were good for Victor - Maleev of course, but Bendis too...)
    Last edited by Abe; 03-21-2019 at 09:50 PM.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Ed Brubaker's Books of Doom. An able update on Annual 2.

My pitch would be to make doctor strange 2 or 3 an adaptation of Triumph and Torment. That comic introduces you to Dr. Doom, gives you a look to his origins basically introduces the character. It's also a great strange story.
    that would be my dream project. Marvel hasn't given Doctor Strange another movie and he is due for one. I gotta give Stephen credit for being just about the only one that tried to help out when Doom was Infamous Iron Man. I like stories that pair them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    I'm still waiting to read the whole story to make my mind - but I fear that you may be right, lordozone... for this issue I especially wait some good explanation about the physics of Doom's plan : I remember some quite good comments about how it doesn't make much sense in the thread about the last issue.

Anyway even if the art is definitively not of my taste - it's not bad at all but there's something that doesn't work at all for me - I must say that Victor's look is really good in that previous. The belt, the fur (it's cold down there!) : nice ideas!

(Even if I really miss a lot the more modern but still very European look Bendis and Maleev have him in Infamous... I definitively miss this book : both creators were good for Victor - Maleev of course, but Bendis too...)
    I really miss that too, Abe.

I'm going to agree with the chorus of those who are not liking where Slott is taking this. I can accept a backsliding Doom who does revert to the old ways but I was really hoping that he'd keep some of the elements that Bendis had to his story. He was at times doing it for the wrong reasons and admitted as much to Amara. But he really wanted to get away from a lot the elements of his old life. By the way, I wonder if we will ever see Amara again. She still hasn't shown up anywhere.