Page 45 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

That one just doesn't go away....it pops up everywhere. Unfortunately, I don't see where Marvel has a digital version of the comic. I found some info from a quick search that is from Spidey Super Stories #53

The GCD(comics.org) says the artist is Win Mortimer with Mike Esposito inking. Tje cover is credited to Al Milgrom.

I think because it was done as a project for the PBS/Sesame Street show Electric Company that maybe Marvel doesn't have full rights to this.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-21-2019 at 10:16 AM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I noticed that! I was clicking on some of his older ones too from this month.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

November is looking very very Latverian!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Just saw that. I will be updating the thread in a bit

November looks to be Doom's time...hasn't been this much Doom since Secret Wars 2015....2099 belongs to Doom again, his own series, Strikeforce, and much more....

Okay, here we go. November will be a bountiful month for Doom fans

DOCTOR DOOM #2

CHRISTOPHER CANTWELL (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (A) • Cover by ACO
    2099 VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    DOCTOR DOOM has been taken prisoner by the world itself... but he may find unexpected aid in his escape. Now vulnerable and without his usual strength, he must keep a low profile on the streets of New York, or else risk being captured again. He’ll seek out an old ‘frenemy’ for help and battle lethal opportunists, all while wrestling these visions he continues to have of a better, happier life.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #33-34

NICK SPENCER (W) • PAT GLEASON (A/C)

THE FUTURE IS IN PERIL!
    ISSUE #33 -
    Miguel O’Hara’s mysterious return to the present threatens his life and his entire future. But why?
    As for OUR time’s Spider-Man, he’s got his hands full with classic villains, family problems and international incidents that intertwine in terrifying ways!
    ISSUE #34 -
    Spider-Man 2099’s present is our crumbling future.
    But what chance do we have relying only on Peter Parker, Miguel O’Hara and… Victor Von Doom?!
    That’s right, Doctor Doom guest stars in the Mighty Marvel Manner, but what villain is so heinous that Doom and Spidey are on the same side?!

OLD MAN QUILL #11

ETHAN SACKS (W) • ROBERT GILL (A)
    Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    OUT OF THE TIME STREAM AND INTO THE FIRE!
    PETER QUILL navigates the timestream for one last shot at saving the Earth!
    Nothing will stand in his way now…except DOCTOR DOOM!
    Strap in to your timesled and hang on as we careen towards the conclusion of the most shocking Marvel story this year!
    There’s no turning back now!

And we have a return to the World of 2099

2099 ALPHA #1

NICK SPENCER (W) • VIKTOR BOGDONOVIC (A) • Cover by PAT GLEASON
    VARIANT COVER BY RYAN STEGMAN
    8-part CONNECTING VARIANT COVER D BY ARTHUR ADAMS
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    80 years ago, the Marvel Universe was born. 80 years from now, will it die?! THE FUTURE IS IN PERIL! Events of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN have been leading to this for months. Something is happening in 2099 that spans Nueva York and beyond and will shake up the official Marvel Future forever. This is not a drill!
    40 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Rated T …$4.99

FANTASTIC FOUR 2099 #1

Karla Pacheco (W) • Steven Cummings (A) • Cover by Toni Infante
    VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM
    VARIANT COVER BY HUMBERTO RAMOS
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    The future belongs to Doom!
    Heroes may be no more, but the legacy of Earth’s greatest family lives on against impossible odds. But as this new quartet of champions takes on the mantle, what does it mean to be called Fantastic Four in a future ruled by Doom?
    40 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Rated T …$4.99

Note that there is a 2099 checklist included in the November solicitations that includes a Doom 2099 #1 but no details or cover yet.

MARVEL 2099 CHECKLIST
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #33
    2099 ALPHA #1
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #34
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #35
    2099 OMEGA #1
    2099 TIE-INS
    FANTASTIC FOUR 2099 #1
    PUNISHER 2099 #1
    CONAN 2099 #1
    SPIDER-MAN 2099 #1
    GHOST RIDER 2099 #1
    DOOM 2099 #1
    VENOM 2099 #1
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-22-2019 at 12:03 PM.

Doctor Doom guest appearance. I might check out issue #2 to see if Doom makes an appearance there first

STRIKE FORCE #3

TNI HOWARD (W) • GERMÁN PERALTA (A)
    Cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO
    VARIANT COVER BY DECLAN SHALVEY
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY ANDREA SORRENTINO
    DOOM’S OWN DEMIURGE!
    The changeling creatures known as Vridai have lodged their fey claws into one of the most powerful men on Earth — Doctor Doom! And when Wiccan falls under their spell as well, the changelings have all the ingredients for a world-ending the likes of which you’ve never seen
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-22-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Here's another one I found from a couple of weeks ago....Doctor Doom: His 20 Strongest Armors I thought his rankings were strange and a lot of them didn't make sense.

BANNED

I'm certainly intrigued by that Doom 2099 #1 solicit. At first I thought it might be one of those facsimile reprints but no, judging by the other solicits from November it might be a brand new comic. Still, doesn't seem be an ongoing, all the 2099 #1s look like one-shots to me. But hey more Doom 2099 is always good news as far as I'm concerned, I just hope that Marvel puts a good writer on the issue.

Plus, Doctor Doom #2 in November. It should go without saying that I'm excited for that as well.
    Last edited by Kintor; 08-22-2019 at 02:30 PM.

Yeah, the lack of information is unusual. I am starting to suspect it might be a reprint but I hope not. I'll take the reprint anyway so that I can get the digital code. They have yet to get a significant number of Doom 2099 issue on Marvel Unlimited. Not even the Warren Ellis ones, which were recently put into a TPB.

Now, as to the November comics, I hope that Namor is the "frenemy" that Doom goes to find in Doctor Doom #2 . I think a reunion between the two is long over due.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah, the lack of information is unusual. I am starting to suspect it might be a reprint but I hope not. I'll take the reprint anyway so that I can get the digital code. They have yet to get a significant number of Doom 2099 issue on Marvel Unlimited. Not even the Warren Ellis ones, which were recently put into a TPB.

Now, as to the November comics, I hope that Namor is the "frenemy" that Doom goes to find in Doctor Doom #2 . I think a reunion between the two is long over due.
    Me too! But I'm not holding out much hope for that.

There are some great covers there. I've already put the Doom series on my pull list ... now I'll have to take another look at it. A wonderful problem to have.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Looked at Cantwell's twitter and am now thinking the old frenemy will be Doctor Strange. It makes more sense for someone trying to keep hidden in NYC. Plus, he posted Triumph and Torment as a fave. Personally disappointed, but I'm down for that. I love that graphic novel also.

I was checking out his Twitter too earlier today. I notice he has a Lego Doom as his banner or whatever Twitter calls that.
    I saw his posts about Triumph and Torment but maybe he's just expressing his fandom for the GN. I guess you could call Dr. Strange a frenemy but they've seldom have been adversaries. He was Doom's Sheriff on Battleworld and he was practically his only friend in Infamous Iron Man. I'd be happy with either but I prefer the guest appearance be Namor's.