Page 50 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    You're welcome, and I'm excited too! Now if only Chip could do as Rev suggested and give us a Super Villain Team up comic, i would be in heaven XD
    Yes!!

I haven't really seen hints of it, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I have to say. The December solicits portend a BIG year for Doom!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I just have a feeling that Zdarsky is just itching to do a Doom / Namor SVTU reunion. Let's hope it happens in 2020!

In other developments, I picked up Hickman's Power of X #5 and the History of Comics #3 since it has Doom on the cover. For the History #3, Waid is just rehashing all the stuff from the Lee/Kirby years of Marvel comics and it just is a thumbnail of Doom's origin. The one part I think is wrong is that they go with Byrne's version of Doom putting on the mask while it was still hot. That is definitely not what annual #2 has or even the much later Books of Doom. Jack Kirby later on at early San Diego comicons that Doom only had the small scar, which he famously sketched later. You can find the video of in on YouTube.

As for Hickman's book, Abe had messaged me that Latveria is mentioned. I have been getting that series but confess I haven't gotten around to reading it. But it does show a chart in issue #5 that the mutant nation of Krakoa could not get a trade agreement with Latveria because of political reasons...no details on that. But it does make me wonder if Hickman has some plans in the future about that. A lot depends on what is going on in Cantwell's plots because I expect Doom will not be in power in Latveria for a while.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-18-2019 at 09:55 PM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Made these matching Namor and Doom icons for you and your best frenemy forever, lol, if anyone wants to use it they can. Its the art from the cover of History of the Marvel Universe. (I'm really hoping we do have SVTU someday soon!)

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Those look great! Thanks. I was thinking of changing my Avatar to something from one of Maleev's water colors of Doom that he was doing while he was on Infamous Iron Man but may use this one at some point. I may be changing them more frequently!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Those look great! Thanks. I was thinking of changing my Avatar to something from one of Maleev's water colors of Doom that he was doing while he was on Infamous Iron Man but may use this one at some point. I may be changing them more frequently!
    Oh yes those Maleev arts are simply beautiful!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post

Max Fiumara

Patrick Gleason & Rachelle Rosenberg
    The original Doom 2099 #1 cover is iconic but I think these do an excellent job of modernising the art style. Still conveys the cool vibe and raw power of Doom, with lightning arcing everywhere.

I'm just glad they kept the original 2099 suit design. Right down to the spiked collar and shoulders. 90s as hell and I love it.
    Last edited by Kintor; 09-18-2019 at 10:52 PM.

BANNED

Zdarsky on Doom 2099 is wonderful.

I've been hoping we'd get something with Doom in his Invaders (is that getting cancelled??) but this was something I was not expecting. Too bad that I guess this 2099 revival is just an event and not an ongoing for now anyway. I just hope the sales are good for all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I've been hoping we'd get something with Doom in his Invaders (is that getting cancelled??) but this was something I was not expecting. Too bad that I guess this 2099 revival is just an event and not an ongoing for now anyway. I just hope the sales are good for all of this.
    It's not official yet, but it certainly looks like that. I'm hoping it continues!

Here is the solicitations for December and the doom solo #3

DOCTOR DOOM #3
    CHRISTOPHER CANTWELL (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (A) • Cover by ACO
    2020 VARIANT COVER BY PATCH ZIRCHER
    DOCTOR DOOM is dead. For now. In this issue he literally finds himself in Hell, battling against his old foe Mephisto for the control of his own soul. It’s an epic underworld fight, the victor of which may have to be decided by an unexpected third party. Meanwhile, the Blue Marvel continues his hunt for the Doctor, and begins to wonder if Victor’s more victim than villain...

"A third party" I really hope this is Namor and we get a surprise super villain team up! It would be Namor repaying Victor for that time Victor came to save him from hell!

That's right .... Victor did come to his rescue in that solo series.

Great Cover. I wonder who did it? I'm not familiar with who ACO is . That is disappointing if that is the end of the Invaders. Now let's get that Namor/Doom reunion!

And I just saw this. November is definitely the Month of Doom. He's also going to appear in Savage Avengers #8 along with Doctor Strange. And another great cover

SAVAGE AVENGERS #8
    GERRY DUGGAN (W) • PATCH ZIRCHER (A) • Cover by VALERIO GIANGIORDANO
    Conan hates wizards, but this holiday he has to deal with both Dr. Strange & Dr. Doom. Ho-ho-holy $@#%!
    Can these three set aside their differences to deal with Kulan Gath, the name on the top of their naughty list?

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-20-2019 at 12:11 AM.

Hmmm... I'm not that sure that I'd like another Victor/Mephisto story but the presence of Blue Marvel is intriguing. Let's hope for an ambitious book!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Hi Abe! I know what you mean about Mephisto. It worries me a bit in that maybe the series will have a specific end date in mind. It could go on for say 12 issues and end like Infamous Iron Man I suppose. BTW, I just updated my previous post with yet another Doom appearance in November. This one sounds crazy

Conan, Stephen and Victor ?!?... I can only quote the solicit... Ho-ho-holy $@#%!

Seems really nice!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

It's like the Odd Couple plus one!

Wow, how many news in the few days I was out, I'm crossing my fingers about Namor-Doom team up it's about time they mend their friendship. About Doom's run seems that they pretend to make the poor Victor suffer, incriminated, persecuted, homeless, and now...dead, I'm seriously intrigued about it. But I beg to differ about being tired of Mephisto I think that if someone should be considered Doom bitter enemy it would be Mephisto and not Richards, while Redd kicked (accidentally) his pride, Mephisto is the one who actively hurt him and mocked him for years.